Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-26-2012, 5:51 AM Reply   
I need help picking out a good Rev Camber board. I know Lib Tech makes good ones but there alittle pricey. Palmer makes one that can be picked up for about 280.00 I just don't know if its any good. I've been riding a Palmer for about 7 or 8 years which is why I would even consider it. But in the last two years I've started doing more rails which is starting to wear on it. Ride makes one too which is about 320.00 buy I don't know much about it either.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       11-26-2012, 7:14 AM Reply   
Why is it that you are specifically looking for reverse camber? Are you looking for something that is both forgiving in the park and still holds in edge through the big mountain? Or are you looking for park specific? I'm not sure if Forum Snowboards will be in business much longer or if they still are but they have put out some of the best price point boards money can buy. I would go look at the Forum Youngblood with double dog rocker. If I remember correctly it's rocker between the legs/bindings (forgiving on rails/boxes) and has camber underneath your feet for added control when needed. Great board, check it out. You don't need strictly reverse camber for park.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       11-26-2012, 7:17 AM Reply   
BOOM! LOL great deal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Forum-Y...item3371f501f0
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-26-2012, 8:49 AM Reply   
I mainly ride everything but do like to play on boxes a easy rails. So I guess I mainly need it to be forgiving in the park.

I like the price of that board.

Here a list of other boards I've been looking at, Let me know if you have any input good or bad.

Arbor Formula
Rome Factory Rocker
Flow Era
Gnu Carbon credit
Rome Garage
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       11-26-2012, 9:02 AM Reply   
Out of all those I'd stick with the Gnu or Rome. Just can't go wrong with either board and Gnu has very similar shapes as lib tech (may even be a brother company but have no info to back that I just know they both use banana traction). Honestly, you need any rocker/camber blend. Specifically with rocker in the center as that is what will give you the loose forgiving feel on boxes and rails. You'll need some camber for the rest of the mountain. If you go with something that is straight rocker it will have a very loose feel and not hold up very well on aggresive high speed runs or turns. Just food for thought. Rocker=loose/forgiving Camber=Edgy/Agressive best way to get it all is go hybrid.

Last edited by wakedaveup; 11-26-2012 at 9:03 AM. Reason: spelling
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-26-2012, 9:51 AM Reply   
Gnu & Lib Tech are both made by Mervin Manufacturing....

If your looking for a reverse camber for park stuff go for the Rome Garage Rocker.....
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-28-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
With Mervin brand boards, the price may be slightly higher but keep in mind that the factory is super eco-friendly, and employes about 170 people in the washington area.

Most other companies are being built in Taiwan or Austria etc at factories that produce good product, lower prices, and are factories that have mulitple brands and lines being produced at the same place.

I have been working in a shop since 2005 and have ridden lot of brands and have really tested the construction of boards over the years.. and yes i have broken about 15 boards in this period.. all boards break, and some companies and warranty departments are better than others.

The rocker thing took the industry by storm, but full circle and boards with low cambers or flat cambers are really becoming popular.

More pop, better edge hold, better stability, but less forgiving.

If you want something to butter down the mountain or ride pow... the rocker thing is rad.

For a more balanced controlled feel, maybe consider a flat cambered board too.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-28-2012, 12:50 PM Reply   
spend the money, get a board that will last forever. Never Summer SL. Made in Denver.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-28-2012, 8:28 PM Reply   
When I was in college in Michigan and riding two or three times a week I would spend the money but now that I'm back at home in NC and only ride 15 or 20 times a year if I have a good year I just can't justify it. Is the carbon credit a true rocker or is it a hybrid rocker. I do love to carve it up with a lot of speed
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-29-2012, 2:07 AM Reply   
I have a 2012 lib tech dark series, hybrid. Absolutely love it! Very forgiving yet bites hard when u need it to. A board that is there when i need it to be and loose like I like it to be.
I did a lot of research before I chose this board and it was this or the flying v (burtons hybrid) but the magnatraction edge is what sold me. That and burton have way too many different boards it's hard to choose lol

It's great all over the mountain/groomers/pow/ and park. Can't go wrong with a hybrid IMO
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       12-22-2012, 2:39 AM Reply   
What Tarek and August said. Mervin or NeverSummer. I have a NS board, and I wouldn't trade it for a Burton/Ride/etc.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-26-2012, 8:30 PM Reply   
Two winters ago I was in the market to get a new board. I had a GNU and Burton board on hand but both very different from each other the GNU was short, wide and flexy; making it a great all around board for me. The Burton is a long (181cm) stiff and narrow board; it's way fun on very hard cold snow and in deep steep powder. I demo'd a bunch of boards and really liked Banana and Magna Traction. Towards the end of that season I found a killer deal on Craigslist for a GNU in my size and the model I wanted. I would really consider waiting till you can get a killer board and not compromise. Deals will be out there if you can wait on finding them.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-02-2013, 10:30 AM Reply   
My wife ended up getting me a 2012 GNU carbon credit. I got to try it out sunday and I got to say I love it, the magna traction really works on our ice slopes here in NC. I could be happier with this board.