Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brian_b)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-04-2009, 10:46 AM Reply   
I've been looking to install a new system on my 2003 MC X2 for some time and am finally ready to pull the trigger. I'm not a "stereo guy" and I did email WS and get their advice. Just wanted to know if any of you more experienced stereo junkies had any input...thanks in advance!
Proposed products; all Wetsounds

2 pro80 tower speakers powered by syn2 amp (maybe one 485 instead?)

4 x XS650 speakers in existing 6.5 holes by syn4 amp

sub: xs-xxx by syn 1 amp

ws-420

Biggest questions I have is which deck to use, sub placement (seems usually under driver's side) and batteries.

All to be installed by my MC dealer.

Thanks!
Old     (oteh131)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-01-2010, 7:39 PM Reply   
I have a 2009 super Air Nautique 220 with 2 Wet sound Pro 80s and 2 sets of pro 485s on the tower.. mY problem is I mounted the speakers on top of the tower because i simply got tired of ducking under the tower speakers every time I got in the boat. Now they wont stay up. they seem to slip and end up facing downward and the hardware is tightened all the way.. I spoke with a wet sound rep and he suggested new mounting brackets which are $150 /set.. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue and is there a less expensive fix to the problem? Maybe grip tape or something!!! IDK?!?!? please advise
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-02-2010, 6:27 AM Reply   
Bruce I mounted mine on top of the tower and they don't move at all maybe try one size smaller inserts?
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-02-2010, 6:31 AM Reply   
Back in the day i used some thin rubber, from a conveyor belt, to "shim" my mounting brackets. I cut it just a bit smaller than my brackets so it wouldn't hang out. It didn't look totally professional but it did the job.
I work at a machine shop and from time to time we get people who want shims such as this made. We specialize in large machine work so this is a little out of our norm so it costs a bit but it is doable.
Old     (younguns44)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-25-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
With that many speakers on the tower does the weight of the speakers have any impact on the tower?
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-26-2010, 8:20 AM Reply   
Bruce, this sounds arcane but here's what I did to resolve simular issue of the speakers moving, First I used the "rubber shimmy" idea, and put a few peices of rubber aound the tower -- then I wrapped a layer of electrical tape around my tower, exposing some of the rubber peices, then used grip tape and held it in place with the electrical tape. Afterwards tightened the hell out of them. My speakers havent moved in two years since I did this...