Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (wakesk8wannabe)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-29-2003, 9:18 PM Reply   
I have nothing and i want to make videos and I make $5 a week so i need something cheap that I can edit vids w/ so keep it as low as you can. I havn't been shopping around so i don't have an idea of the price range but maybe under 150-200 would be good.
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-30-2003, 7:04 AM Reply   
$5 a week? You need to discover the skill of lawn mowing. But about your question, there are some entry level programs that will provide you with some basic editing abilities. I use Ulead Videostudio 7.0, because itīs cheap, but still has most of the basic features. Itīs pretty easy to use as well. I think the program runs about $100 (for the download verson. See www.ulead.com). You can check my profile on wakepics.com (ty5) to see some vids I made with it. I didnīt really put much effort into them, but it will give you an idea of what the program is capable of. Itīs nothing compared to Adobe Premier, but like I said, it has a reasonable amount of features for itīs price.
Old     (wakesk8wannabe)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-22-2004, 6:24 PM Reply   
thanks i'll check out the vids u made, thanks a lot :-)
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-22-2004, 7:27 PM Reply   
Rebecca, Do like Tyler says and mow lawns or baby sit. Maybe parlay your money with a Christmas gift from the P's ?
And Grubb ROCKS ! Here is a pick of My 12 year old son Brian with Grubb.
Good luck !
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-22-2004, 9:10 PM Reply   
First, do you need a camera or do you already have one?

If you already have a digital camcorder, you only need editing software and maybe a bigger hard drive. You can go with something like Tyler suggested. Or, if you have Windows XP, you can download Windows Movie Maker for FREE. Pinnacle Studio is another cheap option.

($0-150)

If you have an analog camcorder, you'll need hardware to capture the video. You can get a video card like the ATI All-In-Wonder or external hardware like Dazzle. These usually come with something like Pinnacle Studio.

($150-200)

If you have no camcorder, I'd suggest getting the cheapest digital camcorder you can and using Windows Movie Maker or some cheap software. You'd probably have to spend over $300 on the camcorder though.

($300+)
Old     (wakesk8wannabe)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-04-2004, 7:41 PM Reply   
that was a lot more helpful :-) I have a camcorder, but its old. I'm gonna try and work with it because lately there has been so many different things that I've wanted to buy that are soo expencive, like turntables and omg paintball is soooo expencive. Wakeboardings still number 1 though. Anyway i'm pretty sure its digital, even though its kind of old, but i don't have xp. I think I can get xp, but i've been avoiding it because I think its a waste of space besides some of the newer things that u can download. my comp is slow as it is. I'm going to come back to this during the season though b/c no sence into buying things now when I can't use them and they'll b cheaper later. :-)
Old     (wkbdtime)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-19-2004, 12:26 PM Reply   
Rebecca:

In order to make videos your gonna need a computer. Mainly a Macintosh (Mac). They are the best for transfering video from you camera to your computer. If you dont have a Mac, try your school...Mac are mainly used by education. If not them try your local Junior college. See when they have labortory days and use the computer them....Use IMovie program...Look around I quarntee one of your friends has a Mac with I movie installed.

The Camera

No getting around this: Use only a Digital Video Camera..It's to long to explain why.

I know one of your familys friends or even your friends parents have a Digital Video Camera. Borrow it and away you go..

Remember: All the stuff you need is around you. Probably at your school...or a friends...Just Ask.

Best of luck on your film.

Ric
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-19-2004, 9:46 PM Reply   
Rebecca, Did you actually post this almost a year ago?
And you don't necessarily need a mac. It doesn't sound like you want a computer for just video editing only.
Use Digital video because the code is set up to transfer directly to your computer through a firewire input.