Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old    supraguy            07-11-2009, 6:40 PM Reply   
So it's bad enough they jump are wakes cut us off and follow too close they hit me in the parking lot with it are you S***ing me. So I went north of Spokane to take a set with my buddy Adam and I get back to my car and am ready to back out of my parking space and the jackass hits me with his jetski and trailer. Man I am going to kill a jetskier this year. The funny thing is he took his jetski out because he hit his buddy's pontoon boat and put a hole in the jetski, so that is good, one less on the water for now...I love my car to it's my baby, a 1983 Mercedes 300SD Black on Black....
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-11-2009, 7:35 PM Reply   
theres terrible wake boat drivers to. i own a boat and a jetski and don't have those problems. it's the owners not the vehicles...but it does suck that morons buy toys like this and cant drive them or the tow vehicles properly.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-11-2009, 7:45 PM Reply   
I was at the lake about two weeks ago and apparently some dude had just bought a ski. So he and his son were out while mom was on the shore taking pics. Now we were the only people on the whole lake, and old Dad decided to drive right in front of me, with his son, as I'm pulling a rider. I have never met an intelligent jet skier, but I have faith...
Old    supraguy            07-11-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
True KDuff but jetskis seem to be the worst...
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-11-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
Jet ski's are like that because almost anybody can buy one. Not everybody can afford boats.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-11-2009, 8:27 PM Reply   
^^Ain't that the truth.

Seems like you put a person on a jet ski and common sense goes out the window. I've even caught myself doing it before. (granted that was before I started wakeboarding, so don't be too hard on me)
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-11-2009, 9:35 PM Reply   
I dont think every person that can afford a boat is intelligent either, I just can't stand bad driving in general
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-11-2009, 10:02 PM Reply   
There are more kids and "non-boaters", or generally people that have no experience on the water that just go out and buy jet ski's.
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-11-2009, 10:50 PM Reply   
hate is a strong word....
Old     (havasu4life)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-11-2009, 11:12 PM Reply   
I do not usually have any problems with people who own them....more so, I have a problem with the people rent them!!!! many of the people do not have nay boating/seadoo experience!
Old     (gsulawwake)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-12-2009, 6:32 AM Reply   
What I dont get is that on the rare occasion that I go out on a waver runner, I want it choppy, so I can bounce around. So I go out in the main channel where there's lots of chop. I dont go in the coves where its nice and glassy (where the riders are). Why cant everyone else follow this logic?
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-12-2009, 6:41 AM Reply   
I had to jump off the fueling dock feet first and kick a sea doo yesterday! the driver was comming in to the gas dock way to fast and killed the motor! he would have blasted the side of my boat had I not been watching! I was so pissed! don't really hate all owners just the stupid ones! biggest cause seems to be lack of driver training!
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-12-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
Nobody is perfect, but I agree that it seems the majority of PWC riders don't bother to fully understand

a) How the unit runs/works
b) How to follow simple logic while riding amongst other boaters etc

We have a Honda Aquatrax as well as a Ski/Wake boat. I love both. When I'm on the PWC I tend to stay away from the action of other wakeboarders/boaters and just go after the waves they leave behind after they are gone. I love chop and go crazy on it, as long as I'm far enough away from the shore/other boaters.

I sometimes have other boaters give me dirty looks when Im bouncing around and acting stupid on the ski. They have no grounds for it cause I'm always far enough away from everybody else and not causing any problems for other boaters, so I have no idea where they get off being dicks when I'm not affecting them at all.

I don't give them dirty looks when they cruiser by our cottage with the arse end of the boat sunk deep in the water creating massive waves that cause my boat to bang into the dock and cause our shore to erode.
Old     (vtecths)      Join Date: May 2009       07-12-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
I am glad someone else posted.. but I will take a round on the soapbox here...

July 3rd we were at Lake Pleasant here in PHX and for most of the morning we had great water. My stepdaugher is still in the beginner stages of wakeboarding so we tend to go off to areas of the lake where we know she will be out of the way and we wont ruin the lines for others out there since she tends to fall a bit more than the average person. This douche on a jet ski has the nerve to not only sit a couple hundred feet from her in the water but to also wait till we get moving so he can jump the wake. Then if this is not enough he cuts about 15 feet across the front of my boat while i am towing her. If it was not one of those supercharged/turbocharged yamaha ones that does probably 60+ i would have chased him down and beat him.

As the day went on the water turned to crap and a storm started to head in so we decided to get going. When i say the water turned to crap I mean crap! It was like the ocean out there and the only thing making it look easy was the giant mini yachts. We stopped in the middle of the lake because as we were putting across I noticed a bright yellow jet ski bobbing around with no riders. My passengers saw two people in the water about 100 yards away just floating and waiving there arms screaming for help.

Against my better judgement but for karma's sake I went over and snatched up both people and in 4' high waves took them back to there rented jet ski. The driver, a non-english speaking man from south of the USA, completely reeked of alcohol and when he got back on the ski fired it up and took off leaving his other passenger in my boat. After yelling at him he turned around and came towards my boat but not knowing what the hell he was doing slammed into my swim platform putting a nice black streak. We threw her on the ski (not easy in the high seas) and he went on his way.

All in all.. I dont have much good things to say about jet skiers.

I will get off the soap box now.. Just needed to vent!

Thanks for listening.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-12-2009, 8:55 AM Reply   
That is pathetic. I know you did a good thing by helping them, but its a tough call when they are douches like that. I would have picked them up and called the police and had them deal with it. No way would I have let them go back out there and possibly cause another serious accident.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-12-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
Wow Ryan, you got some karma points coming your way!
Old     (vtecths)      Join Date: May 2009       07-12-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
Well... there are two ways of handling business and I wanted this douche as far away from my boat and kids as possible. If it was just me and the guys... business would have been handled differently.

I think my karma points came when I was the only one getting my boat on the trailer in the first try in those conditions while everyone else was crashing and making multiple attempts (extra points to wife for getting as far away from 1st time boat owners trying to trailer).

Police... hahaha.. good luck getting any Sheriff at Lake Pleasant to do much of anything that requires him getting out of their trucks. Lake detail is also known as retirement detail.
Old     (gsulawwake)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-12-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
RE: Matt (loudsubz)
"... boaters give me dirty looks ...They have no grounds for it cause ..."

They have grounds for the dirty looks because its not just that you are far enough away to be safe, but because you are chopping up the water for boarders.

Typically a boat will go in a line, then turn back and go back in that line. This disperses the wake so that its nice for the rider on each pass.

If there is some PWC going around in circles, even if its 200 ft away, you are churning up the water, so that when the boat comes back the water will not be calm.

Do you have a right to? Sure. But why can't PWCs just be courteous and go to the choppy water and leave the good water alone for the riders?
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-12-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
Brett:

Give me a royal break. You make it sound like boarders are the King of the water and everyone else should bow down to them and obey their rules, come on be real.

The water is open to anyone to do what they want. Now if the lake was really small then it would be courteous to make sure nobody else was doing board sports around you, but I woulnd't think twice if I was boarding and some guy was on a PWC minding his own business down the lake and I was riding past him over some chop he was making.
Old     (gsulawwake)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-12-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
Matt

I do not mean at all that boarders are king of the water. I said as long as PWCs are a safe distance they can be in the general vicinity of boaters. But why?

I am assuming the lake is reasonable large. Many lakes have coves where boarders go because the water is glassy. And the lake also has a main channel or bay area where the water is choppy.

So given that there are different areas of the lake, why don't PWCs (and tubers) stay where its best for them, and boaters stay where it's best for them? It's just a matter of courtesy.

I just don't understand, because when I am on a PWC, I don't want it to be glassy; I want to jump some waves. So why would I go to an area that's all calm when there is a place that is not? Especially when going to a place that is calm is only doing to disturb others.

If the lake is not big enough to accommodate both, or there are so many people out that the coves aren't glassy any more none of this reasoning applies and everyone should just make due and be safe.
Old    supraguy            07-12-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
I agree no Jetski tranning and to much booze. Here is what he did to my car had zero dents before this ...Upload
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-12-2009, 12:06 PM Reply   
Brett I agree 100%.

Maybe I gave the wrong impression when I mentioned the boaters giving my dirty looks. Its never wakeboard boaters, its just the general powerboaters who are also out bombing around or going for cruises.

Usually I find my own areas to ride or go to the middle of the lake when the boarders stay close to the shore (best when its choppy out).

I just wish more PWC'ers had common sense.
Old    stillstandin            07-12-2009, 12:16 PM Reply   
A grew up riding standups. I agree with some of what is said about SITDOWN jets skis. Anybody can buy one, and they take no skill to ride. With that said. Back when I rode standups, and did now own a boat, a had plenty of run ins with boats who thought they owned the water. Usually 20 year olds driving mommy and daddy's mastercraft. Trust me, the standup websites have the same conversation about sitdown owners, and some boat owners.....
Old     (gsulawwake)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-12-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
Same conversations?? How does a boater interfere with a PWC's use and enjoyment of the lake?

Or do they just sit around saying that boaters shouldn't get excited about PWC's coming recklessly close to boats or messing up perfectly glassy water?

Or, do PWC riders really believe that boaters are more careless than PWC riders?

I've never seen a boat go charging at a PWC, but PWCs frequently come too close to boats.

Seriously, what are PWC riders upset about?
Old     (dixiebmxer)      Join Date: May 2009       07-12-2009, 2:23 PM Reply   
Im gonna take a shot in the dark Duffy, Was your experience on Thonotosassa? Waaaay to many drunk hicks out there. When we ride that lake we stay as far away from redneck beach as possible.
Old     (blindmnkee3)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-12-2009, 2:49 PM Reply   
Brian, are you kidding me man?! After a great day you had to deal with that in the parking lot? I saw your car, she's nice. Sorry that happened, I hope you can find a good place to get her fixed up. It was fun having you out, your welcome out anytime. And BTW, we got the pefect pass fixed last night!!
Old    supraguy            07-12-2009, 3:31 PM Reply   
The whole day I rode with Adam and his crew we seen one PWC and it was the one that hit his buddys PoonToon boat and my car, PWC IDIOT is what I say. I am willing to bet I get in a fist fight with one this year. I do get what a few of you have said but you are boat owners/wakeboarders so you guys get it but 90% of them do not. here in Wash. there is a law that states all water crafts must be at least 100ft away for the boat towing someone, weather that is a wakeboarder,skier, tuber ECT the 90% do not obey this rule or might not even know of this rule. Thanks Adam I will get her fixed and that is RAD you got you PP fixed. We are going out tuseday after work you guys are more than welcome to go as well.....
Old    stillstandin            07-12-2009, 5:20 PM Reply   
Brett...yes, I have been charged by a boat. I used to ride in a group of about 4-5 stand up riders. On a couple of different occasions we were riding very close to each other, only to have a boat come right at us, when the entire lake/delta was open around us. Only to have some idiot scream at us to get out of the way. The point is. There are idiots on skis, and idiots in boats. Blame the idiot, not the type of craft they are on/in.
Old    stillstandin            07-12-2009, 5:25 PM Reply   
An example of the kind of jetsking Im talking about. This is real jetsking.........Upload
Upload
Old     (gsulawwake)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-12-2009, 5:39 PM Reply   
Craig

I by no means meant that all PWC riders are idiots or all boaters are innocent.

But there are FAR more PWC idiots than boater idiots.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-12-2009, 6:49 PM Reply   
Jet skis are gay.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-12-2009, 6:50 PM Reply   
Craig: Oh god, lets not start the sitdown vs standup.

Everyone has their preference.
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       07-13-2009, 6:21 AM Reply   
AHhhhh - Jetskiers.

I ride in a river and the cut we ride in is called Skiers Ally (AKA Wakeboarder's Ally). It is narrow, just wide enough for two boats to pass. The cut is created by a long island that runs fairly close to the shore which leaves the rest of the river open to the jetskiers...

The other day, a buddy of mine was starting to learn inverts. A punk came along on a jet ski and started jumping my wake. I keep mega-phones on the boat and yelled to him to do his figure eights somewhere else. He didn't seem to care and showed his appreciation by giving me the finger. Then proceeded to cut within 20-30 feet of my buddy while riding. If Brad would have fallen - dude could have nailed him. This went on for a while and every time we would try to chase him down he would throw his finger up and cruise off.
Eventually he got fairly close to my boat and i threw a beer can at him and nailed the front of his jet ski.
I havn't seen him since.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-13-2009, 7:56 AM Reply   
I had a jet skier cut right in front of me two weeks ago at Table Rock lake. I was hauling a$$ down the lake, and saw this guy coming in the opposite direction, well off to my port, so I didn't think much of it. I look right and turn again, and he did a 90 degree turn and was right in front of me. I had to turn hard and cut gas to stop and yell at him. He just kept going. Never even saw me( I was the guy in the 30ft cobalt coming at you at 65mph DA).
Old     (cccbuilders)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-13-2009, 9:06 AM Reply   
so true wake 77
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-13-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
Upload

hii-yah!
Old     (roomservice)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-13-2009, 9:18 AM Reply   
^^^^^ I think I have a new hero.^^^^^
Old    supraguy            07-13-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
Washington state guide lines

laws that apply to personal watercraft (PWC):

Laws that apply to a personal watercraft are designated as a vessel powered by a jet pump and is designed to be sat, knelt, or stood on in contrast to the traditional style of sitting in a vessel.
If the PWC is equipped with an emergency engine cut off lanyard, it must be properly attached between the operator and the cut-off switch during operation. It is unlawful to disable or remove an engine cut-off or kill switch.
Jumping the wake of another vessel or passing unreasonably close, especially when visibility around the other vessel is limited, is prohibited. Must remain 200 feet away when boat is towing a skier, tuber,ect.
PWCs may only be operated between sunrise and sunset.
You must always operate your PWC in a reasonable and prudent manner, especially near other boaters and areas marked for special activity. When in doubt, operate at a safe and prudent speed or a speed at which is required to maintain steerage only.
Assault by Watercraft – A person can be charged with assault by watercraft under certain conditions:

If serious bodily injury occurs such as risk of death, permanent disfigurement, or loss of function of a part of the body or organ, and :
is operating in a reckless manner, or
is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Homicide by Watercraft – A person can be charged with homicide by watercraft under certain conditions:

If a person dies within three years as a result of injury caused by the operation of a vessel, or
If the operator is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or
If the operator is operating in a reckless manner.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-13-2009, 12:04 PM Reply   
Whoa, hold on a minute.

In that picture Wakeviolator posted the boarder and boat pulling him did exactly what you're all crying about. If it's wrong for a PWC then it's also wrong for a wakeboard boat to come within 100ft of a PWC. Judging from that picture, the water movement and where the person in the water is tells me that the PWC had already been occupying that space and the boat and rider needed to take steps to avoid them.
Old    supraguy            07-13-2009, 12:20 PM Reply   
Whoa, Hold on a minute

Unless there where there wakeboarding frist and after the passanger fell off the ski the ridder saw a chance for a little pay back....But it's true closer than a 100 ft so you have a point there..
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-13-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
I based my guess from looking at the relative lack of water movement around the PWC and person in the water. It looks to me like they've been there at least 10-20 seconds where as the boat just entered the zone at 18mph.

(Message edited by CAskimmer on July 13, 2009)
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-13-2009, 12:29 PM Reply   
on the lake I ride at on a regular basis boaters and PWCers are all idiots except for the people who live or ride there regular. Its a small lake but some people have no clue. Most of the PWCers on that lake drive like no one else is out there. I had a chance to spray and idiot like wakeviolater did but it was a boat instead of a pwc. the guy started to drive out our bots line then realized we were comming and slowed down. when I landed my jump he was right in front of me. I soaked em

(Message edited by Ironcross25 on July 13, 2009)
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-13-2009, 12:32 PM Reply   
Also it doesn't really matter if they went into an area that was already being boarded. If that were the case they would be guilty of being rude and clueless where the pictured wakeboarder was being reckless no matter how you slice. What led up to that situation doesn't matter, even in retaliation it's still unsafe and illegal.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-13-2009, 1:18 PM Reply   
breakin the law, breaking the law!!
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-13-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
Prior to this picture the jet skier was zig-zaging all over the place. In front of us, right behind the rider...mostly illegally. This is on the Sacramento River and if a boat with a skier is going down the middle, there is not 200' on either side, so the 200' rule is out the window. Common sense rules still apply, but this jetskier appeared to have none.

After I cleaned his jetski for him he dropped his passenger off on shore and chased us down as fast as the little thing could go. I want to say he was about 150-200 feet from us when he jumped off his ski (still at full speed) in what looked like an attempt to run after us, but he was no Jesus. his ski ended up very far from him and we picked him up, talked about some common sense stuff (safe distances, etc), we offered him a beer, dropped him off on his jet ski, and went our seperate ways civily.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-13-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
Welp last night we decided to do an evening sesh at the local lake. As I'm pulling my rider this douche comes head on from an angle so he can jump my wake. He was easily within 50'. TOO CLOSE! coming in the opposite direction. So I stopped and started yelling at this guy. But the bitch took off. If it wasn't for the newbie chick we were pulling I would have dropped the rider and chased his ass down. I have done that many times...

I HATE SKIES AND THE PEOPLE WHO RIDE THEM! FO SHO
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       07-13-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
Wakeviolator - awesome pic bro!

I think i might start bringing a sling shot and marbles on the boat. Take em out one at a time...
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-13-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
I wish I had some pics of my sweet revenge on jet skiers. One day while out wakeboarding these two skis were out and of course being completely ignorant, coming close to the boat and or rider jumping the wake. After several attempt to wave them down and even chasing them I decided to call local authorities. But before anyone showed up I saw one of the skis flip over. So what I did next was just despicable but hilarious. As the two riders were trying to turn the ski back over and get on, I drove over to where the overturned ski was and proceeded to do circles around it (DU) causing 4 foot rollers. They couldn’t get back on and they were pissed. So the other ski came to try and help and because of the rollers they went over and oohhh I laughed my ass off! So I continued making circles for a few until they were begging and pleading us to stop. So I asked them how it felt, and don’t ever come near my boat again. Funniest thing I ever saw. Karma is a Bitch!
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-13-2009, 2:51 PM Reply   
Damn Duff.I thought my hatred for them was bad.
Old    supraguy            07-13-2009, 3:06 PM Reply   
Way to go DUFFY
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-13-2009, 5:20 PM Reply   
I feel I am very respectful toward others, so when people are not towards me, it's on! There have been times when I have cased the whole lake looking for butter but fisherman were in those spots. I could have been like well they dont own the lake and rode there, but I didn't, I went to the other side. Case and point; one evening we were riding on the back side of the lake where it was butter. So here comes a boat full of kids tubing. Now it was evening so there were only a few boats on the whole lake. I simply went over and asked them if they could go to the other side since they were powerturning and making rollers anyway. They decided to be douches. so when they stopped to change out tubers, I drove a nice slow DU keeping them right in the center of the whole thing. So needless to say the punks didn't know what was about to happen. I stopped and looked back and I swear I thought this little IO was going to sink. First the nose dropped down took on massive amounts of water then the nose went back up, like I have never seen and all that water came rushing through out the back. Those people were going everywhere. We must have laughed for about 45min. It was hilarious! So if someone is pissing you off givem a DU!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-13-2009, 6:10 PM Reply   
I wish I could upload pics of my buddy on flat water... No Ocean involved, NO BOATS INVOLVED...

Just skillz
Old     (gsulawwake)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-13-2009, 6:15 PM Reply   
Ridin DIrty

That is the funniest story!

I never thought about giving a boat a double up!
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-13-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
Brett, It works awesome. Have you ever looked back at a DUB when the rollers merge in the center? The roller are massive. Now go in slower circle around another craft unsuspecting and it's The Perfect Storm time for them.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       07-14-2009, 5:46 AM Reply   
In Texas it is illegal to operate your vessel in a circular course around another boat. I don't know the law wherever you are, but I expect it s similar or the same. I hate jetskiers on my line too, but you better be careful about retaliation. It's easy to find yourself on the wrong side of the line.

That said the mental image of those guys floundering around in the waffle water is pretty funny.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-14-2009, 8:26 AM Reply   
JETSKIS SUCK THEY ARE NO FUN AND THEY RUIN THE WAKE........
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-14-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
I use my Ski's to session all the time! I don't go to the middle of the lake but back into coves and find anything to session.
Upload
Upload
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-14-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
My scariest occurances with other boaters too close to me or my friends riding actually involved other speed boats (not PWC's) Its definatly the people and lack of knowledge thats the problem. Sometimes when somebody does something really stupid we say something to them about it (in a nice way). The majority of the time we get the "oh i did not know that" response and the people are not a problem after that. Only rarely do people get pissed at us for trying to tell them something.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-14-2009, 3:11 PM Reply   
I have had multiple incidents with all different kinds of folks coming too close or acting foolishly for no particular reason.

Skiers looking to prove how much cooler they are buzzing us by 50 feet but the guy in tow missed his cut and went over the bars right in front of us, I think they felt foolish when they saw we had my 4 year old son on the line and had tried to be as far from everyone as possible. Turned out to be an older man (father) and his two sons. Nice family of butthole skier tough guys.

Then there is the 1960's IO overloaded with the music blaring and porpoising so bad they can't see my kid in the water when he went off the rope. That one made me stop wakeboarding mid summer at that lake after 9 am.

Then there was the jetski that blew through the bouys and powerturned not 5 feet from my boat while we were idling out. Some guy and a girl on the back, they probably would have died had they hit us. Ranger caught up to that guy.

I have had several other waverunner encounters and I would not mind if they were outlawed or banished to private lakes full of raw sewage. I am guessing that I will probably never meet an intelligent one because they are far away doing their thing.

Really, the only time I feel safe is with a quarter mile buffer or early morning when the knowledgable folks are around.

I am also all for a boat operation license. Sign me up for the first class.