Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (jposlosky)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2003, 10:55 PM Reply   
finally trading up into more of a ski boat after owning a smaller boat, Was looking at maristar 210 but dealer offered me new X10 for same price...Only been boarding two years behind a smaller boat, loved the demo on the X10, seemed like a sweet boat,since mose of you guys have more experience,whats your opinion on this boat?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-06-2003, 6:30 AM Reply   
I love mine, wouldn't trade it for anything but another X10!!!
Great wake, great fit n' finish, lots of room/storage, handles great! I have gotten many compliments, and I do own the Maristar model, with the wakeboarding options.

KG
Old    aka Bradley Beach            05-06-2003, 6:40 AM Reply   
Big boat, but a great one nonetheless... Tons of room for lots of people! Drive and perform great.
Old    wake08            05-06-2003, 8:23 AM Reply   
If it is the same price for the maristar and the X10 definitly go with the X-10 hands down. Same boat except one looks 100x better and has all the options you will eventually want to add to the maristar.
Old    hlboatsnboards            05-06-2003, 5:35 PM Reply   
What kind of price is there on a X10? I know there are variables to that question, but on an avg with your basic options, tower, ballast, std engine, PP?????

B
Old     (atxwakechic)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-06-2003, 7:04 PM Reply   
i have the 02 x10, i love it, id recommend it to anyone!!
Old     (jposlosky)      Join Date: May 2003       05-06-2003, 7:41 PM Reply   
Im sold, after talking to a few people Im in love with this boat....Unique color scheme too, all white, black rubrail, and the grey and black graphics pkg, with the chrome tower, black tandem axel trailer and black bimini.....shes pretty sexy.........Ill post a pic as soon as I bring her home.....
Old    hlboatsnboards            05-06-2003, 8:49 PM Reply   
unique color scheme...hrmm, can't wait to see her. MSRP???

B
Old     (atxwakechic)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-06-2003, 9:01 PM Reply   
ive seen that one, it looks soo sweet.the boat town dealership in austin, texas has that one, its a beauty.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-06-2003, 9:05 PM Reply   
Graphics I always thought they were decals. Congrates on the new boat.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-07-2003, 6:22 AM Reply   
Good luck Joe,
and yes post pics when you get her home. That color combo sounds very interesting!

KG
Old     (jposlosky)      Join Date: May 2003       05-18-2003, 4:26 PM Reply   
New pics as promised
Just brought her home

Old    xtigeman            05-18-2003, 4:28 PM Reply   
Classy looking boat.
Old    bambamski            05-18-2003, 7:22 PM Reply   
Those new racks look huge. I also really like the mirror. Can the tower fold down with the mirror attached or do you have to remove it? Do you remove it when you travel?
Old     (jposlosky)      Join Date: May 2003       05-18-2003, 8:04 PM Reply   
Tower can fold down.....Although I have only had her for two days now and have not done it yet... I love the tower attached mirror too, very classy looking, I think the mirror part comes off for travel,,,,,,although my first trip i just spun it facing down so no bugs got on it, as i play with it more Ill let ya know how it works..........
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-18-2003, 8:45 PM Reply   
That is sweet. I always thought all white boats looked like bayliners but that X-10 is nothing but class, very stylish.
Old    joeair            05-19-2003, 7:13 AM Reply   
Dang, that is way cool.

BIG Congrats!!!
Old    the_unmikie            05-19-2003, 10:46 AM Reply   
How do people like the X10 vs. the old X Star or current X2? From what I understand, the X2 has a better wake, better tracking, and a better ski wake than the X10. However, the X10 has more onboard room, more storage, etc.

Is this pretty accurate?
Old    bambamski            05-20-2003, 11:16 AM Reply   
X-10 better ski wake, more room, more of a predictable wake is how I would describe it for boarding. The Xstar wake would be like riding a Byerly bigger pop vs X-10 wake like a Belmont, smoother more predictable. Depends on what you like. Both boats like weight so the more you ad the bigger they get.
Old    mikep            05-20-2003, 2:18 PM Reply   
Nice boat!
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       05-21-2003, 11:17 AM Reply   
I've recently had the opportunity to ride behind an '02 X-10 and it's a really nice ride. MAJOR space available, this one was rigged with all bells/whistles ('cept heat) and looks great! I regularly ride behind an '00 X (same hull as X-2) and the X-10 throws a softer and much wider wake than the X, but pretty nice size even with stock triple KGB. Some extra weight would probably make it even better and maybe firm it up some.

I can't comment on its skiability since that's really not my schtick.

I'm diggin the all white look, too!
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-21-2003, 5:17 PM Reply   
Congrats Joseph. I got the tower mirror for my X2 and love it. I don't take the mirror off when towing it, I just flip it down like you said and it's fine.
Very nice color. You will love the board racks. They work great.
Old     (jposlosky)      Join Date: May 2003       05-28-2003, 10:17 PM Reply   
After dropping her in the water a few times, I have to say I love this boat. Tons of room for the friends and family trips, great wake when out riding,the kids love the swim deck, wife loves the boat buddy on the trailer, no complaints at all so far. Still getting used to the size differential from my old wake have not even filled the ballast...The only improvements I would make are, towable cover, little tint on the window and getting my bimini in, its been hot here in nor cal recently and mastercraft is slow in shipping...
Old     (skerzz)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-28-2003, 11:04 PM Reply   
Throw a 550lb sack in the bow and the wake gets bigger, firmer, and steeper.