Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-10-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
I just ordered these bindings. Does anyone have any input on the bindings? i mostly ride cable
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-10-2009, 6:57 PM Reply   
for cable they are sick, you will love them. Supportive and comfortable, yet so easy to press because of how flexy they are. have fun!
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-10-2009, 7:20 PM Reply   
Ya cool man thanks! I have herd the soles in them mess up is that true?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-10-2009, 7:25 PM Reply   
Zach ~~ I rock the 08 Shanes and really love them. I tried the Slingshot's and Watson and they were both really stiff. The shanes allow me to flex the bindings for different grabs and just an overall very nice ride. I have not tried a ton of bindings on the market but you can't go wrong with the shanes. Post up your review when you get a chance to session them. I have not had 1 problem with mine and I would guess 20 or more sessions in them.
Old    dperizzolo            02-10-2009, 9:54 PM Reply   
I haven't had any problems with the soles Zach. You'll love them.
Old     (andrewilso)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-11-2009, 2:21 AM Reply   
I have the 07 ltd and they are great binding a bit on the heavy side, make sure they are a snug fit as they slacken up quite a bit. hope this helps
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-11-2009, 7:33 AM Reply   
Yeah guys thank you so much im stoked!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-11-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
ive got the 08 ct shanes adn the 08 lyman. its the best set up ive ever ridden. i love it. the bindings are awesome. you will most likely love them
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-11-2009, 8:42 AM Reply   
I rode the 07 Shanes, and picked up the 08's this fall. I didn't think they could improve much on the 07 model, but they really surprised me. They fit true to size, which I really liked. In addition to an accurate fit, there is NO spot on your foot which isn't in contact with the binding. It really gives you a locked in, secure feel with no pressure points. The footbed is very cushioned, and comfy. Also, a feature which i really liked was the "Gas Pedal" built into the toe. The toe is elevated slightly, but once pressure is applied (ie: Toeside edging) it sinks in, bringing your foot closer to the board to gain leverage. They are great boots, responsive, well built, supportive while still allowing you to poke, tweak, bone or however you pretzel yourself up in the air. Awesome boot, I know you won't be disappointed.
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-11-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
thanks for the input guys! im sure i will love them!
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-11-2009, 11:35 PM Reply   
I tried a bunch of new bindings last year and settled on these. The Watson's, Vantage's, and the Shane's had the most comfortable footbed ever. I went with the Shane's because of the slight increase in flexibility. Gotta grab that board!
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-12-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
Cool man! ya i oredered the arcade along with bindings