Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-02-2010, 2:23 AM Reply   
Hey all
Just got a pair of 09 Company bindings ordered in but when I put them on, my toes feel really squashed. I havent heat molded them yet though. Is this normal? Will heat molding them fix it? I'm not able to ride for about a month so its not very urgent.
Cheers
Old     (landowakettu)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-02-2010, 5:26 PM Reply   
Ive got a pair of the 09s except in a 10, I wear a size 10 in 6.0s and I figured the 10 would be a better bet than bumping up to the 11. I heat molded mine and they felt a little better but as I have ridden in them they seem to have stretched out quite a bit and are some of the most comfortable bindings I have ever owned! I love them! My toes kind of brush against the end, but are still supper comfy!

I hope this helps you out!
Old     (zedagrizz)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-02-2010, 6:16 PM Reply   
I second Landan's comments. My toes were in the end of the bindings at first, but after a few sets they are like slippers. I love the feel of the Company bindings.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-03-2010, 6:56 AM Reply   
u can heat mold them with a toe cap to make it a bit bigger
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-04-2010, 6:25 AM Reply   
ah right, thanks alot guys. Seems they should be perfect.
Cheers
Old     (justinwakes29)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-06-2010, 6:42 PM Reply   
i know you are talking about bindings but i put a thread up about getting a company board... and i haven't gotten any replys... but what one do you ride? i have riden liquid force my wholel life.. and i keep breaking the boards... sick of spending so much money on them... just curious on your thoughts on switching.... i have heard nothing but good things.
Old     (landowakettu)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-12-2010, 4:55 PM Reply   
I just got in my 2010 Company severance 142! Pretty much the sickest board I've seen in a while but thats all debatable. Im hoping to be able to get it out on the water before to long. From what i can tell just from messing with it here at the shop its a little bit stiffer than the slingshot boards but not much. As for any technical features couldnt tell ya!
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2010, 6:37 PM Reply   
Any toe jamming? Especially on inverts and awkward landings? My Watsons would bruise my toes
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-13-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
For Justin and Rob, I got a 142 09 severance but I haven't actually gotten to ride it yet and won't get to 'til very late june or early july so I'll let you know then. I was kinda in the same position as you Justin and after hearing all good about them and finding a great deal i just went for it. Hopefully should pay off in the end though.
Old     (jelico)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-13-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
I got the new Co. Bindings a few weeks ago just before a cable trip to Oz. Really, really happy with them. I had a few issues with my toes getting jammed in the old boots but I think that is because they were a size too small - no such issues with the new ones.

I reckon the new boots are similar tot he ronix's (baseless system) but with the bridge they wont blow out on you. Also the new mounting system is insanely cool and easy to use.
Old     (jelico)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-13-2010, 2:52 PM Reply   
Oh by the way Justin, the boards are dope too! I went from an LF Lyman 139 to the severance 138/recruit 143. Severance is really fun on sliders and the recruit is what I rock behind the wake. Once you get used to the cut on a flex type board, you can go pretty big on them and the landings dont impact so much on your knees it seems.

If you try one make sure you give it a few sets to get used to, and make sure you do a really progressive cut (even on raley based tricks).
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-13-2010, 9:49 PM Reply   
Robot,

i feel ya on the toe jamming concern. unfortunately the cliche of "get the right size..." isn't always true, at least for us sensitive toes folk if you will. Not all companies' toe boxes are padded the same, or even from year to year for that matter. Recently i have been wearing about 4mm of neoprene sock inside a boot that is 1-2 sizes too large for me and it is GREAT! much less toe jamming, more cush, more warmth, and the release on crashes feels better too. You can turn any year or brand of boot into a non-stubbing comfortable boot with this method. i suppose another benefit is you could share the boot with 3 different sizes of feet depending on sock thickness being used, hehe

edit: current boot settup is a friend's size 12 S.S. D3 and i am a size 10.5 shoe normally

Last edited by wakerider111; 06-13-2010 at 9:53 PM.