Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-02-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
Is there anyone else that thinks all the gas talk going on lately is getting really annoying? We all know we're getting raped at the pump but everyone here is still going to pay for it. Maybe Dave should make a new board dedicated to b*tching about gas prices so the Wakeboard Discussion Board is used for actually talking about the sport. End of Rant.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-02-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
Haha, I'm right there with you.
Old     (trevorcurry)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-02-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
I agree. Either accept that we're gettin screwed, or don't go out on the water.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-02-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
I couldn't agree more. I just skip over the threads now anyways, but its getting old seeing new gas this/that threads everyday. Yes, sure it sucks gas is at what its at. But guess what, the sport isn't cheap to begin with anyways.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-02-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
Bahahahahahahhahha

I agree!
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-02-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
The more people bitch and whine the better chance something gets done about it. If we sit back and take it up the ass like we have been guess what... there will be no end to prices going up. So I am all for the gas talk.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-02-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
I'm all for people to quit whining about other people whining, and starting various threads that whine about other threads.
Old    swass            05-02-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
What do you expect to "get done"? When did we decide that cheap gas is some sort of divine right?

(Message edited by swass on May 02, 2008)
Old     (kjt83)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-02-2008, 12:58 PM Reply   
Ya good idea there skip.... Lets all sit on the dock and pick our nose.... You have a boat!!! Use the damn thing or sell it!
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-02-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
LOL the more we bitch the more people listen. Bitch away. Ride but bitch LMFAO
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-02-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
You know gas has gone up about ten cents per week? Why do we pay for what the government does?
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-02-2008, 2:28 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^^ you pay for what they do because you elect them to represent you
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       05-02-2008, 2:28 PM Reply   
The good thing about the cost of gas being high is less people on the lakes and better water for me....and my friends.
Old     (pk1)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-02-2008, 6:28 PM Reply   
stop talking about gas dammit
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-02-2008, 9:21 PM Reply   
amen
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-02-2008, 10:50 PM Reply   
Im not going to lie.....i could care less about the price of gas. I didn't get into wakeboarding because of how cost effective it is. Ya it sucks, oh f ing well
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-02-2008, 10:54 PM Reply   
buy a few less lattes every week, we'll all survive.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-03-2008, 7:10 AM Reply   
The people who bitch about the price of gas are the people who cant afford it. Nobody likes the price of gas, even if it was 1.00 people would bitch. If anyone thinks that bitching on a wakeboarding based website is gonna do something about the price of gas, perhaps you should think about that for a couple minutes and see how viable that actually is.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       05-03-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
Just to put things in perspective here....

In the UK right now we're paying £1.20 a litre.
That equates to £4.55 per US Gallon.

Which, at todays exchange rate puts me right on: $8.96 a gallon.

Add to the fact that our living expenses are considerably higher in the UK, yet we don't earn anything like as much in relative terms as you in the USA = me at the pumps this afternoon being metaphorically bent over and ridden like the fool I must be for allowing it ever to happen.

/rant over.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-03-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
Brit Rider, care to share some specifics on living expenses??

Here's a sample of some in NJ:

Property tax on a $500,000 home.........$ 7,000-9,000
Health insurance (family of 4)......$ 9,000-10,000/year
Auto insurance (2 vehicles).......$ 2,000/year

I hate high fuel prices too. We need to become more independent here in the US and stop the stanglehold that other countries have on all of us with regard to oil supplies.

(Message edited by njskier on May 03, 2008)
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-03-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
How about day care - $12k a year for one kid. Now that is a lot of gas!
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-03-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
Yea no doubt .I am sick of all the people in the UK saying how expensive your gas is. WTF dude TAX's your government sucks that is why we left and came here. Fact of the matter is that no one ever says hey people in venezuela pay .16 cents a gallon and people in saudi arabia pay .40 cents a gallon HMMMMM lets bring that up. I knew boating was expensive when I got into it but dude it isn't just my boating that is expensive its Gas period. Everyone will chip in on the boat it won't be that bad but in the car driving to work no one will chip in. In the US you have a right to bitch and you have a right to not respond to gas price forums.

Bitch away maybe someone will hear us. I feel bad for the kid that wants to learn to wakeboard but can't because it is too expensive now. And how many cable parks do we have in the US. 0 in california and the proposed one is all the way in friggin sandiego. Yea I'm gonna go and drive 450 miles to wakeboard LOL.

Rant over
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       05-03-2008, 11:13 AM Reply   
Dave,

I suppose its all swings and round about in the end.
insurance for example here, I pay £1100 ($2200) just for my truck per year... however, we don't pay medical expenses because of the national health service which is free to everyone.

I guess we all have upsides and downsides on either side of the pond.. still, this global hike sin gas recently have been getting crazy! I was paying 60 cents less a gallon only like a year ago!

Rick - Woah there, just a bit of banter mate!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-03-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
I hear you BritRider, just trying to enlighten those who don't know the reality of what things cost in the U.S. these days. We all suffer extreme living costs in one way or another.

Props to those countries like the U.K. who are involved in the fight for freedom in the Middle East. If winning against the terrorists helps the oil situation, that would be great. I'm optomistic that something good will happen soon.
(The threat of terrorism has created increases in the cost of almost everything)
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-03-2008, 4:47 PM Reply   

quote:

If winning against the terrorists helps the oil situation, that would be great

Ha ha aha hahahah haa. Oh that was great, nice one.
Old     (wakebadass)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-03-2008, 8:07 PM Reply   
The high gas prices are good in way because it keeps alot of the dumb A$$ guys off the lake. Its making the lakes safer for all of us.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-03-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
guys. people complain about gas because it affects EVERYTHING. higher gas, higher the shipping. everything we buy gets delivered by a car, truck, boat or plane. gas is the root of the problem.
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-03-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
contrary to what other people have said on this board, my boat does run on thanks!
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       05-04-2008, 6:35 AM Reply   
Yes it is, and to take it another level deeper, 'gas thread' threads are even getting annoying, so yes on many fronts.

Let's all go check out the Ford Excursion forums and see if they're complaining too :-)