Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-14-2004, 6:27 AM Reply   
OK, I've tried probably 4 or 5 raleys. The first few i did a complete 360 while i was stretched out. So what i was doing is letting off edge to early. This video is the last one which is starting to get better. What do you think i'm doing wrong. I think i need to pull down to my front hip instead of my back? What else or why am i pulling to my back hip?

BTW This is my first project with Pinnacle Liquid Edition 5.5

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=11205

Thanks!

Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-14-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
Looking pretty good Jeremy. You need to ride all the way up the wake. You kind of just blasted through it. Also, get you hips up as you leave the wake and look at the boat in the air. Then bring it down. Good luck.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-14-2004, 5:49 PM Reply   
ummm anyone say wakeskate...i landed one on my 3rd attempt by doing it wakeskate first.
Old                07-14-2004, 8:29 PM Reply   
Look at the boat dipSh**
Old                07-14-2004, 10:35 PM Reply   
damn with that just put down the hs krypt because you were right there. yea pull down to your front hip.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-15-2004, 4:47 AM Reply   
Thanks guys.
I noticed that i kind of cut through the wake. Was i cutting TO HARD at the wake?

I wish i had a wakeskate. I would try it on it. I've never even been on one.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-03-2004, 6:51 PM Reply   
I did it! I did it! Yesterday was my first time out since that last one i tried in the video. I landed the first one i tried. Then i landed a wrapped 360 (albeit small) but a 360 none-the-less. So i'm stoked! I didn't try AS hard this time and i didn't blow through the wake. Now the big question is. Can i do it again?
Old                08-16-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
Awesome!! I tried a couple yesterday without a whole lot of luck but am getting much closer. I actually got enough snap to get my feet back below me this time but ended up spinning and land on my back both times. I think the one thing that is helping is I am starting to get decent pop finally. Hopefully Im only a few more faceplants away from landing one like you did.
Old     (p_b_parks)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-16-2004, 9:12 AM Reply   
are raleys really advanced? jeremy how good do you have to be?
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-16-2004, 9:26 AM Reply   
Jeremy,
Congrats on landing your first one. Hopefully you can repeat it now.

Few things I would say is easy on the beginning of your cut. Try to be more progessive, let the board roll onto its edge easily, then beginning digging in your edge as you come into the wake. Its not about having a ton speed coming into the wake, its about hitting the wake at the max of your cut, and being balanced with a loaded line. Start your cuts slow and build speed.

Also, try not to bend over at the waist too much on your cuts, it will help with balance by standing taller with your upper body.

Hopefully these help alittle bit.

Jerrod
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-20-2004, 9:11 PM Reply   
Thanks guys!! I have watched all of my attempts over and over. The one i landed was the one with a progressive edge. I've tried one more since then. It was a total disaster. Real big, but i let off to early and spun around 360. I still tried to pull it down....which was a mistake. I was out of it for about 8 hours and my neck/back is pretty messed up. BUT, the good news is at least i know what to do now.
Old                08-25-2004, 7:53 AM Reply   
Jeremy... one more thing. When you twist and land revert, that is called "stargazing." Stargazing is caused by loading the tail as you are hitting the wake in an attempt to get more air and to get the board to go UP the wake. To correct this problem, simply put more weight on your front foot... so that you weight is EQUAL all the way up the wake. To do Crypts and 313s, you want more weight on your back foot. To do Indy Glides, Nuclear Glides, and 911s, you want more weight on your front foot... as this will cause you to turn the other way. Also, in the first video above, you were fighting the pull of the raley with your arms. You relaxed your hips, but your arms were fighting it. To get it consistant, really make yourself TOTALLY relax, and the raley will pull itself down at the top... you abs will no longer be doing all the work. Hope this helps.