Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (claudiub)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-21-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
Hi,

after a long winter here in Seattle, I took the boat out for the first time yesterday and only found one issue:
The down arrow on the Perfect Pass control (dash) does not work anymore, it doesn't beep so I can;t adjust the speed anymore when switching from wakeboarding to surfing. Any insight from the board member is appreciated. (before calling the dealer)

Thank you,
Claudiu
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-21-2009, 5:51 PM Reply   
Try doing a reset on the perfect pass module. Otherwise you may need to contact perfect pass and get a new display. PP has pretty good customer service and will help you Troubleshoot your issues.

Resetting a Wakeboard Pro
Version 6.3/6.4/ 6.5
You can do a System Reset by pressing and holding the ON/OFF & MENU Keys together as you turn key on to power system. Continue holding as the Perfect Pass display goes through its normal start up procedure until [System Reset ^ = Yes] appears.
Press the UP key to continue the reset. It will then display [Reset RPM @ ^ = Yes]. Answer yes by pressing the UP key. Next on the display will be [Read in MPH ^ = Yes]. Answer yes by pressing the UP key. Next [Wakeboard Only ^ = Yes] will appear. Answer yes, by pressing the UP key. For WakeboardPro, press Down for DigitalPro.

http://www.perfectpass.com/troubleshooting/ServiceManual.CorrectCraft2005.pdf

make sure you record your kdw and nn settings if they have been changed from factory, i beleive these get reset when you do the system reset!

(Message edited by gmarkham1 on April 21, 2009)
Old     (claudiub)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-25-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
Thank you for your reply. I will try resetting the module. I also talked to PP customer support and they believe the Down Arrow button on the display unit is defect and they can fix that for $25 or upgrade to a new display unit.
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-27-2009, 7:22 AM Reply   
I'd guess that it is the membrane switch just as PP has said. Very easy to replace. You can replace it in about 30mins.

Check out my thread on PN about half way down to see pics of the process.

http://planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=13507&pos tdays=0&postorder=asc

(Message edited by bmh2208 on April 27, 2009)