Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-03-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
So last week at naci I was wakeboarding, and on my final set I didn't fall. I added some new grabs to some of my tricks, but want a fresh trick to work on. So far I can:
-HS/TS FS 180 with indy, tail, & stalefish grabs w2w
-TS/HS indy, tail, & stalefish grabs w2w
-HS Method w2w
-small indy shifty
I didn't post this in the trick tips section because I don't need help yet, just need to know what to start working on.
Thanks for any help.
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-03-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
backroll
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-03-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
I'm in a very similar position as you, and have been working on a HS backroll and soon to start trying some HS FS 3's.
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-03-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
I have "The Book: Base Inverts," this will teach me a backroll, right?
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-03-2007, 4:08 PM Reply   
Yes, thats the right one
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-03-2007, 4:16 PM Reply   
HS Blind 180, its hard to make inverts look cool IMO.
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-03-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
I'll try the blind 180 hs and ts, I think that spins have the most style. And then some inverts, I am just trying to expand my bag of tricks
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       06-03-2007, 7:17 PM Reply   
you should try a toeside backroll... i have not hit one yet but I do have a backroll and a tantrum. but the toeside backroll is easier to learn and I wish I would have tried it earlier. plus after you can add a indy and that has some style.
Old     (premierwake136)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-04-2007, 4:33 PM Reply   
huge huge indy shifty to the flats
my personal favorive trick
oh yeah and poke out your front leg
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-04-2007, 4:41 PM Reply   
just like ty said try the toeside backroll, its not a hard trick at all and the landing are easy. you might want to try a tantrum, the tantrum is the easiest flip IMO.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-04-2007, 4:53 PM Reply   
I know some guys that offer lessons on Naci that would be more than willing to help you out. Your boat or theirs. At 13 with the tricks you are pulling if you can get some lessons and ride with people better than you, you will progress very fast.
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-04-2007, 9:06 PM Reply   
Yah, it sucks because I am the only one out of my friends that can go w2w hs and ts and do tricks. I might attend West Coast Campshttp://westcoastcamps.com/wakeboarding%20camps.htm this summer and learn new stuff there. Maybe next year in high school I will meet some wakeboarding friends.

(Message edited by brody on June 04, 2007)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-06-2007, 9:42 AM Reply   
Chris, definitely go to West Coast Camps!!! Those guys are awesome and you will have the week of your life. Two of my good friends are coaches there and trust me, you will not forget the lessons they teach. Ranch, Ranger, Beast, B-Rad, Sqwenne and now the Brown Trout are all awesome coaches & it is well worth it, plus you'll be a ripper out there!