Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-11-2004, 4:53 PM Reply   
hopefully that is the last of the wicked witch
the only ones who really know what happened were in the two boats that day
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-11-2004, 4:57 PM Reply   
Bye looser. Sell, I mean finance, lots of them Chicken McNuggets.
Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-11-2004, 5:01 PM Reply   
Wow, I really feel sorry for you and the "crowd" you seem to run with. If you really feel that someone talking a little crap gives you the right to "beat them down" then that's just sad.

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-11-2004, 5:07 PM Reply   
To everyone else out there who had to witness this, I'm sorry, but there is no reason words should ever be answered with fists.
Old    byerly137pro            10-11-2004, 5:18 PM Reply   
Wow, if I walked into the dealership and wanted to finance whatever it is you sell, I would walk out the door once I heard you speak. What kind of finance manager can't spell and uses the word 'cous'. Honestly grow up.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-11-2004, 5:26 PM Reply   
Hay Pixi,
You sound like a classy lady.
Tell me again what Strip club your husband found you at?
It sounds like you grew up in the heart of El Cajon. (stop me when I hit the nail)
It just seems so Ghetto that a Married woman that makes all this money would use the word "Cous" so often. Im guessin your not Mexican and are trying to talk all hard and stuff. Hey go with it , it suits your personality perfect.

Just so you know im not on anybodys side here. The only people who know exactly what went on there are those that were actually there. I have never met Geoff but I can tell you that as far as Geoff's ego goes, Im sure it will recover far sooner than your "cous'" legal problems.
I want you to be ready to give your Cous a loan for when he has to pay for his heroic testosterone 15 min of flame. BY the way PIXI the more you talk the more you represent what your friend is all about.
Have a wonderful day.
Old    moh2o            10-11-2004, 7:04 PM Reply   
I'd like to see your cous take the same stance when he's getting picked on in jail instead of crying in the corner. Hope he doesn't drop the soap.
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-11-2004, 9:48 PM Reply   
PIXI you just totally raised the bar on the biggest jackass scale.
Old    obsurfer            10-12-2004, 12:59 AM Reply   
Pixi please start your own web page,because I need a good laugh every once in while. And you wouldn't even need a clown suit. Just post your wise wisdom.

(Message edited by obsurfer on October 12, 2004)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-12-2004, 6:11 AM Reply   
One word....TRASH!!!

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-12-2004, 6:21 AM Reply   
Ridiculous....

PIXI, your just plain sorry... and btw genius are you aware this site logs IP addresses???

To those involved I would suggest you contact Dave, have him trace/log the IP address & email address that was used to register this chump on the forum!

Print out the post PIXI's post came from, the IP address, etc, It should only further prove your point what "tools" these guys are...

-= peace =-
Old    shortyb            10-12-2004, 7:23 AM Reply   
wow....he is right you are one gigantic TOOL...
Old    pixi            10-12-2004, 8:48 AM Reply   
I did state my side in an appropriate manner and then all of the guys started jumpin on me. I am not going to let them talk crap like that to me sorry. You all are just the same as anyone who talks.I have a full set of teeth and I dont have a mullet.I dont work at McDonalds and yes I still believe that none of this would have happened if either sides would have kept there testosterone down and not talked shi!. And so you know cous is short for cousin duh so cal boys!And another thing I dont even live in CA lmfao and I guess we will see what really happens. I just had to defend myself and the big bad pirates this story has gotten out of control making geoff look like an angel he was not hunted down and it takes more than 1 person to start a fight. That is my whole point
Old    swass            10-12-2004, 8:58 AM Reply   
A few quick points:

1) "This is my last post you all make me laugh." Liar.

2) It sounds like you were not there (since you live in another state), so you're taking the word of the one who was charged with a crime.

3) 1 + 2 = no credibility for Pixi.

Go away.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-12-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
Pixi, Cous is short for Cousin. Wow Thanks for that , up until now i was completely in the dark on that one. DUH!!

Anyway you say you dont live in CA right. Then am i to assume you were not at the lake that day either? So how do you know what actually went on there? You heard your side of the story from your "cous". Im thinking he may be a little biased in what he told vs. what actually happened.
I agree that your Cous was probably provoked by Geoff, because i dont think people just beat the hell out of people for the fun of it. But that said unless Geoff said to him " come over here and lets fight", your cous should have kept things in check and let it go. Im sure his buddys that were with him that day probably encouraged him a little but it still was no excuse for what happened. And the courts will see it that way as well.
Old    lunaraven            10-12-2004, 9:18 AM Reply   
I think people should be more carefull with talking smack both in real life and in forums.
Much like the anonomous invincibility people feel on the internet its amusing when people shout at me in traffic with their windows rolled up, it is equally pathetic to brag about the money you make, your boat, your status on the internet (BTW I'm rich and handsome).
Your COUS needs to learn that he cannot do such things before his temper leads him to accidently kill someone or get killed himself.
PIXI you were a little provocative in your first post with your giant purple font and the comments at the end, people dont want to have to go to the lake and worry about being assaulted. Words do not warrant fists to the face, a return of obscenities would be fine but ignoring the ignorant is usually the best policy....
Old    pixi            10-12-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
I wasnt cussing in my first post and i said the cous shouldnt have hurt him as badly. I said it was only one side of the story. they started jumpin on me for that.When I said that you should not talk shi! because you dont know who or what your talking to and what will happen I said that because its the truth I even said that to "cous"... you dont know if they would pull a gun on you or what will happen. I didnt think it was that offensive really everyone here got offensive on me because I was the first person with part "the other side of the story".I didnt get bitchy or start talkin the guys started to jump on me
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-12-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
Trixi,

You need to read Swass' post again. Especially the last couple of words.

Old    swass            10-12-2004, 9:41 AM Reply   
"You all are giving your opinion on something that you didnt see." And what are you doing?

I believe the prevailing point people are trying to make is that there is no rationale for going all the way across the lake to find people who had already removed themselves from a volatile situation, board their boat and start throwin' punches. It doesn't matter what was said - there's no excuse for that. Period.

You were attacked because of your indefensible position and your method. You made yourself look foolish, at best.

(Message edited by swass on October 12, 2004)
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-12-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
well said Jeff
Old    whitechocolate            10-12-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
PIXI, Please tell us the other side of the story. When I look back threw your post's you dont seem to explain anything or present another side. Daves W's orignal story and Gramps Oct 6th post was the most information we had been given.

So go ahead give us the other side.

(Message edited by whitechocolate on October 12, 2004)
Old    pixi            10-12-2004, 9:55 AM Reply   
my point is this story has gotten bigger and bigger more gets added to it as it goes down the line.It was a bad situation that shouldnt have gone that far but like i said before.. dont open your mouth unless you are prepared for what might happen.If Geoff would have beat the guys ass do you think it would be this big of a deal?No... THEY WERE NOT HUNTED DOWN THE PIRATES DIDNT GO ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE LAKE TO FIND HIM .Its a bad situation but I had to defend my cous because this story has gotten out of hand.He wasnt the only one in the wrong and I kinda got pissed that everyone portrayed him to be this monster which he is not. But we could go back and forth a million times and still not see eye to eye...There is no point to keep going. For the record My cous is not a bad person he is not a loser and this incident was not his fault only. Now if you all can just keep that in mind before judging him and talking crap about him.I realize some of my comments were cruel my anger got the best of me just like it did in this situation.

(Message edited by pixi on October 12, 2004)
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2004, 10:00 AM Reply   
"I may have only heard his side but why would he lie"

Because he did something REALLY stupid, and now he's in deep

You know, most sane people would probably offer an appology when they f-up like this.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on October 12, 2004)
Old    swass            10-12-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
Yeah, he's a fine, upstanding citizen who would never lie to avoid looking like an ass to family members. I'm convinced.

AGAIN: "You all are giving your opinion on something that you didnt see." Did you see it, or not?

This is silly.

Old    whitechocolate            10-12-2004, 10:08 AM Reply   
Pixi: Is there another side to this story? Because if there was/is I would think you would want to show us all how wrong we all are and how your firends "The Pirates" are being accused of somthing they didnt do. All you have said in your post is they were not hunted down & dont open your mouth unless you are prepared for what might happen. Is this the other side of the story we have all been waiting for?
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-12-2004, 10:11 AM Reply   
We still haven't heard the story, what provoked the "pirates" to hunt down Goeff. By the way the correct spelling of cousin is cuz'
Old    deltahoosier            10-12-2004, 10:32 AM Reply   
You know guys....I learned something hear today. (doing my best Kyle from SouthPark)

If you beat the crap out of someone, you may end up in court and go to jail and loose your house.

On the other hand, it may be a lesson for people on the water to keep their mouths closed and stop yelling at people and check themselves because with some people words hurt as much as fists and they will lash out and beat you down.

With all things being equal, everyone needs to chill out on the water and enjoy. Hope everything works out and people get what is deserved.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-12-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
For the love of Christ thank you Jason....I was waiting for someone to point out the correct spelling.....

That is just not a shot at Pixter but anyone who seriously used Cous in a sentence...

E.J.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-12-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
Here's what I think:

I would never board someone's boat to beat them up, regardless of what they said to me. I do, however, realize that there are people around who would. I am well aware that few people are as calm and level-headed as I. I believe that these "animals" are much more common that one might think. Therefore, you cannot lock them all up. Instead, you must learn to deal with them.

I cannot begin to imagine the events leading up to the violence. Both sides are very quiet on this subject. I will say, however, that IF anything was said to the effect of, "Come tell me to my face!" or some other challenge; while I would not participate in such violence nor would I condone it; I would not feel particularly sorry for the verbal antagonist.

I mean, how sorry can you feel for the person who pokes the pit bull then gets bitten?

Like I said, I have no idea what ACTUALLY happened. I just thought I would posit this circumstance to illustrate that, while there may be no legal defense for answering words with physicality, there are situations where a beating can be blamed as much on the victim's own stupidity as it can on the perpetrator's animal nature.

Once again, for the slow people, I'm not saying Geoff "deserved" a beating. I have no idea. I am just responding to the irrationally unconditional statements of some posters who know very little about what actually happened.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-12-2004, 11:50 AM Reply   
Oh, and while we're on the topic of spelling...

It's LOSER!

"Looser" is not even a word! Swass, how could you have missed it four times?!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2004, 11:54 AM Reply   
Loooooooser!
Old     (cboom12)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-12-2004, 11:57 AM Reply   
Rod, AMEN!
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-12-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
Thanks. That's better. As far as I'm concerned, three or more 'o's in a row eliminates it from the English language and then you can do whatever you want!

¡GOOOOOOOOOOOL!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
Taco, could you please explain to everyone then what possible words could be said that would make it acceptable to board another persons boat and apply a beating? How irrational is it to say that that a beat down under these circumstances is unacceptable?

"I believe that these "animals" are much more common that one might think. Therefore, you cannot lock them all up. Instead, you must learn to deal with them."

How do you suggest we deal with them? Put them behind bars. That is where criminals belong.

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-12-2004, 12:10 PM Reply   
"Why don't you come on my boat and do something about it punkie!!!!"

How does that sound....

E.J.
Old    swass            10-12-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
Oh, I saw it, ST; I could spend all day editing WW posts. I do it in my head - it's good practice.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-12-2004, 12:18 PM Reply   
How about, "I dare you to come over here and make me, tough guy!"

Like I said, I would not be baited by such words but there are MANY people who would, given a sufficiently hostile situation. The law cannot be so vague as to attempt to determine what somone may have "had coming to them," however, I can. If someone says, "I dare you to hit me," and gets a punch in the mouth, I'm not going to shed a tear. The law might punish the one who was stupid enough to take that bait, but I wouldn't concern myself too much with this interaction between idiots.

The way to deal with them is to not provoke them. You can't expect to just go around issuing verbal challenges and not have someone take you up on it.

Like I said though, I have no idea if that's what happened. There are always those people out there who would beat you up because they thought that you "looked at them funny." Victims of those people have my utmost sympathy.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2004, 12:21 PM Reply   
Sorry, not enough.

Where, then, do we draw the line?

"Well he said go ahead, shoot me"

Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-12-2004, 12:22 PM Reply   
sounds like something I would laugh at EJ
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
BTW - My concern is not about feeling sorry for the victim, it is about keeping these "animals" away from the rest of us.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-12-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
http://www.americanangst.com/dingfries.html
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-12-2004, 12:43 PM Reply   
Your actions, whether verbal or physical, have consequences. You cannot expect the system to protect you from everything. We do not live in a magical utopia where all the violent people are in jail and all the good people live in harmony, yelling at each other without resorting to physical violence.

Be smart. If you start a confrontation and keep pushing until it escalates to physical violence, most reasonable people would probably say, "That's too bad but that fool had it coming." I guess the law says, "Who threw the first punch?" It must though because it has to have well-defined criteria.

These "animals" are probably 90% of the population. Consider that the average IQ is supposedly 100 and think about how many stupid people there are. Unless you advocate locking up the majority of the population, eugenics, sci-fi anti-violence pain implants, or something like that; you just have to realize that avoiding violence is largely YOUR responsibility.
Old    spoon            10-12-2004, 12:49 PM Reply   
Statistically, 1/2 the population is below average.

(Message edited by spoon on October 12, 2004)
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2004, 12:50 PM Reply   
It is up to us, as society, to stand up against these animals. If we accept them, as you seem to be doing, then, yes, 90% will behave like animals.

If we speak out against this sort of violence, then we will have a better society.

I have no idea what your neighborhood is like, I'm guessing my neighborhood is closer to 5-10% criminal/animals. If you start now, maybe you can help yours. I have been on the water now for over 30 years. Seen all kinds of yelling and . I have never witnessed this kind of violence there, or anything that would warrant it.

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
BTW - IQ/stupidity has nothing to do with disposition (kindness/meanness)
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-12-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
Look at the possibilities:

1. Animal yells at human. Human ignores it. No problem.

2. Animal_1 yells at animal_2. Animal_2 yells back. This goes on until one of the animals, scared of the law or physical violence, retreats.

3. Same as number two but one animal throws a punch. Whatever...two animals fighting. If that's how they work it out, fine. I may try to stop it but I'm not going to start assigning blame unless I am forced to as a member of a jury.

4. Animal attacks human for no reason.

Number 4 is the only one I really care about. I have gone through my entire life without being the victim or perpetrator of violence. Except for number 4, I don't need anyone to protect me.

Notice that the "humans" above never yell or throw the first punch.

My point is that one could probably go around provoking 90% of the population into initiating physical violence. Are you saying that we need to lock up all of those people? If so, maybe we should get rid of the concept of entrapment so that cops could go around, under cover; prodding people, taking a punch, and then locking them up.
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-12-2004, 1:11 PM Reply   
Karma Baby, That's all I gotta say.....
Old    spoon            10-12-2004, 1:13 PM Reply   
I disagree Jeff. There is a direct correlation between stupidity and "meanness". Any research into a given prison population would reveal sub-par intellects predominate.
You don't hear of many brawls at mensa meetings.

(Message edited by spoon on October 12, 2004)
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2004, 1:18 PM Reply   
Taco, this is the second thread that you and I have actively participated in. I notice that in both instances , you have taken an apathetic stance (http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/191699.html?1095960135)

I think you are WAY off with your 90% estimate.

My point is that we should not put up with this on our lakes, in our sport, anywhere.

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-12-2004, 1:21 PM Reply   
Now I have done it….posted on a thread that will fill up the mail box….

Note….I was not saying that I think what happened here is right. In fact, I will say outright that I think it is wrong and assume that it will be worked out by our legal system.

I am much too old to become involved in a physical altercation if there is not a threat to myself or my friends/family. That stuff can be left for the school yard. Someone could say any of the above to me and I would, like you say Duane, laugh at it.

I retract my last post….it was written in haste and half joking. To make light of this situation is in poor taste. The fact stands that I think the story we hear is sad and should not be acceptable in our society.

E.J.

(Message edited by Deuce on October 12, 2004)
Old    swass            10-12-2004, 1:21 PM Reply   
That's what happens after eating fish tacos.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
O.K. Joe, I stand corrected.
Old    mhill            10-12-2004, 1:36 PM Reply   
I’m not trying to make an argument in order to defend the violence in our society today, but I honestly believe that a little thought into our actions beforehand could prevent the majority of it. It’s very simple to blurt out profanity or give a stranger the finger without knowing that strangers current state of mind. Is this stranger drinking alcohol or using drugs? Could they just be having the absolute worst day of their lives and looking for a reason to go off on somebody? I mean you just don’t know anymore what people are going to do; you have to expect the worst. It’s disgusting and sad that it’s come to this, but its fact nowadays.

I have a 5 year old son now, and it’s amazing how quick a child can change your attitude on how you deal with situations. I almost never go to the lake without my son and would never want to put him or my family into a situation where I would be forced into a physical confrontation with someone in front of them. I just don’t put them at risk, I don’t give people the finger when they cut me off or ruin my water. I don’t scream at people or swear when someone pisses my off, I just be the bigger man and let it roll of my shoulders, trust me it’s not easy sometimes.

Without even knowing the whole story, I hope the guys who entered his boat get hit and hit hard through the courts. There is just no reason for a situation to reach that level no matter what words were exchanged, but we do have to be careful these days, and unfortunately this thread proves it.

Think before you act.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-12-2004, 1:40 PM Reply   
Michael,

VERY WELL SAID,

NOW CAN WE END THIS POST PLEASE!!!!}
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-12-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
I'm sorry but if it went down like was mentioned with rollers being thrown down the course, who would have said the first words? Does anyone think thet Geoff threw rollers & then told the X-9 to eat $#!T ? HELL NO!! Those guys came up to him & gave him a load of attitude/name calling(real big fellas). What's he supposed to do? He fires off a salvo of his own. So now we are even, a nice little verbal diatribe for each side. Next step - walk away & each side claims victory, simple enough. This is where you are able to distinguish the quality of all sides involved. One responded by leaving well enough alone & the other jumped on the others boat & beat the ass of an individual who DID NOT FIGHT BACK!!! To top it off, these dick holes were bragging about it to their ho's the next day.

Now we got a family member defending this type of action, but with families like this the old saying applies, "Low class is better than no class." PIXI, how can you defend the people who resorted to violence & in all likelyhood initiated the verbal contact? "Sticks & stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me", anyone remember that $#!T? I swear to God, some peoples kids...

Geoff, I don't know you, but I support you. This doesn't need to be a part of anyone's lake experience. Please, for the love of all things holy(!), take this as far as you can. Let them know that this is not accepted. Also, see if you can get BillJ to testify for you. If the legal aspect doesn't work out talk to the local shops & get a boycott going.

PIXI- suck it! no one disses Jeff like that!!! Not on my watch.
Old    akman            10-12-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
Salmon Taco............you gave away a lot of lunch money in grade school didn't you.......
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-12-2004, 1:50 PM Reply   
Jeff,

It's not so much a matter of apathy as it is of priorities.

In the other thread, I was just disagreeing about the importance of the promotion and expansion of wakeboarding.

In this thread, I am saying two things:

1. Do not get excited or make unqualified statements about hypothetical situations. This is a hypothetical situation because all we have is hearsay.

2. Do not concern yourself with trying to change things that are an undeniable force of nature. Instead, try to live in harmony with them. You cannot change the nature of the beast.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2004, 1:58 PM Reply   
Tell me which of my statements were unqualified with regards to the article as published?
Old    deltahoosier            10-12-2004, 1:58 PM Reply   
I tell my friends and I try to live by it... If you are going to start yelling, you better be ready to fight. Both are dominance traits and both are violent and agressive. I say if someone starts yelling, they deserve to get yelled at back and or challenged to fight. I believe they are both violent and people have an honerable right to come back in either fashion. Some people handing things verbal, some physical. I try to choose verbal, but, am very well aware I may have to back it up with my fist or face. I act accordingly.

With that being said, I do not agree with someone hunting someone down and forcing a situation. The person who continues the agression by chasing someone down is in the wrong. If the two have words and they leave, it is over. If the two mutually decide to stay and continue the agression, they both deserve the consequinces whether it is verbal or physical.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-12-2004, 2:08 PM Reply   
Rod,
Nice boat by the way.

I certainly hope for your families sake you dont go around with that attitude. It sounds like your a stand up guy but if you go around expecting to get in a fight if you have words with someone, then you are no better than the thugs that beat up Geoff.
My god you have to look at the bigger picture. You have a wife, Maybe a family? You as a husband and father can not afford to get into a fight, and either get beat down or get sued for your assets. How are you going to explain to your kids that you lost your house or all your money because of a fight over words??? Think about it. Let the young teens and 20somethings go at it if they want but a memo to all Fathers/Husbands, it just aint worth it.

I love that color of your boat!!!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       10-12-2004, 2:21 PM Reply   
"memo to all Fathers/Husbands, it just aint worth it."

Amen, the last thing I want to do is have to turn my assets over to some punk loser. It's a lose lose situation for people with something to lose. Either you get your a** kicked physically or financially. Either way the punk with nothing to lose wins and gets the last laugh.

Now if you have to defend yourself, then by all rights kill the son of a b*tch who "unprovoked" boards your boat to do you or your family harm!!!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       10-12-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
"It goes to show everyone ... dont talk sh!! because you never know what or who you are talking to and what is going to happen."

PIXI congratulations for crashing and burning on a scale never before seen and probably not to be seen again on wakeworld. When your cuz gets out of jail you might want to give him that same piece of advice. The next time he pulls such a stunt the other boat might be packing something he is not prepared to deal with. Then we will all have something to talk about!

(Message edited by rock_n_boardin on October 12, 2004)
Old    akman            10-12-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
Erik, I agree......our society today is SUE happy.

Getting into a fight and possibly going to jail, losing your possessions, risking injury that could lead to missing work and or losing a job from not being at work is pretty dumb.

I look forward to everyday with my wife and I can't imagine how she would feel if I was killed, injured or paralyzed for being selfish and stupid.

For me fighting is a last resort, someone would have to have done something to my family or broken into my house with me in it.......and if that's the case they better be prepared to die.
Old    pixi            10-12-2004, 2:38 PM Reply   
jonathan if you read closely i did say that to my cuz and thank you for someone finally knowing my intentions with that saying!
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-12-2004, 2:41 PM Reply   
holy crap I can't believe I'm still reading this
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-12-2004, 2:42 PM Reply   
yay Pixi is back......don't talk sh...smack....don't board boats and pick fights. Case closed, well not really we have a court case which I hope the guys get what they deserve. Geoff best of luck on the recovery no one deserves that. Hopefully there is no next time to show that both sides did learn their lesson.
Old    lunaraven            10-12-2004, 2:46 PM Reply   
People should be more hesitant before hurling insults and obscenities at people over minor offences. Its frustrating and contagious when someone shouts at you with venomous rage, often its not appropriate to the scale of offence or at times not even directed at the right person. When I see stupidity at the dock or wherever I will joke about it with my buddy later rather than engage the idiot.
Enough nasty words can get almost anyone swinging fists under the right circumstances...
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-12-2004, 2:49 PM Reply   
I would be very surprised if this went into a courtroom other than for a plea. I assume that there will be a small civil settlement that should cover any medical. That dollar amount could become a bit bigger if the insurance company comes after their full payment......

Again, just assuming....but would be very surprised if someone is going to be posting the transcript from a jury trial sometime this March/April....

E.J.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-12-2004, 2:49 PM Reply   
sorry I forgot the
after yay Pixi is back

Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-12-2004, 2:49 PM Reply   
well that didn't work out as well as I planned but you guys get the point
Old    whitechocolate            10-12-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
I dont know if this changes things. but no one has talked about it

This is what gramps 2nd hand info said happend.

The other party was tied off to the Slalom/Wakeboard course dock filling fat sacks when Geoff's boat came into the area at more than non wake speed causing rollers to go down the course. They became angry, exchanged words and then as Geoff was leaving drove erratically almost causing an accident again exchanging words.

Its the "driving eratically and almost causing a Accident" part that no one has talked about. We have all agreed that to throw blows over words is a No No, But what if someone almost drove over your boat or rider or used there boat to cause harm to you or your crew? Does this change or explain this type of behavior?

I have seen several people in this thread say that they would use violance or a weapon If they or there family is directley threated or in a self defence type situation.

}
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       10-12-2004, 3:25 PM Reply   
This is the way I see things...

Grant brings up a good point in his last post. There has to be something more here, than just words. I find it really hard to believe that there was an incident like this over just a couple of "f u's"....
For this so called "pirate" to actually take time out of his day to hunt down this other boat over a verbal shouting match isn't adding up at all. Nobody is that lame imo...
So that brings us back to the same question that has been asked over and over on this thread, what really was said, or done by Geoff to bring on this sort of retaliation? Did he almost run thier boat over? Did he throw something into the boat? Or, did he just say somthing to the sort of "blow me?
I'm sorry if I offended anyone here, but I do find it really hard to automatically point fingers at these guys that did the beating. It had to be motivated by someting other than words.
And my next question is, what was going on with the "bro's" that were on Geoffs boat while he was taking this beating....nice to have someones back.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       10-12-2004, 3:25 PM Reply   
Grant, I might have read that wrong, but I thought he was talking about the X-9 driving erratically almost causing an accident. Could someone clarify that for us?
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       10-12-2004, 3:58 PM Reply   
PIXI:

Since you were there and we've already heard a first hand account from one side of this dispute, can you write us a blow by blow (no pun intended) account of what happened from your point of view?

Old    akman            10-12-2004, 4:10 PM Reply   
As Geoff was leaving the wakeboard course the X-9 drove aggressively towards Geoff causing him to change direction to avoid an accident.

I agree it sounds like there should be something more than just exchanged language and fingers, but having been young and dumb myself I know it doesn't take much.

When I was 22 I chased down a car on the freeway and threw a crescent wrench at the guy for almost causing me to get into an accident. I had a bad day and just exploded for no real reason other than I felt he was being unsafe.

When you are already in a bad mood it doesn't take much to put you over the edge....
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2004, 4:12 PM Reply   
Then it sounds like assault with a deadly weapon, also.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2004, 4:13 PM Reply   
I mean the X-9 pirates. Gramps, that would be illegal use of plumbing supplies.

Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-12-2004, 4:27 PM Reply   
If the judicial system wasn't so much of a joke lately they would kick the X-9 off Cali public lakes for life, and ship the X-9 up here to Washington for me. I'll trade it in for a Team 210.
Old    deltahoosier            10-12-2004, 4:32 PM Reply   
Eric,

Thanks for the props on the boat.

I very much live by that attitude. Read the text and keep the emotions away from reading it. I am a very stand up guy and am pretty much non confrontational (shock to people from the political debates). I do not look for fights and have only been in one my adult life and that was because some little white trash guy started to pick on some kid on the basketball court. I did not like the kid being picked on myself, but, that is a different story.

What I am saying is... if I am going to start yelling at someone I fully expect them to take it up to the level of a fight at it's maximum. Simple as that. It may only pass as a couple of words, but, I very much have to consider it as going all the way and decide if it is worth it. I check myself accordingly.

Now some people may claim that leads to only bullies getting away with things. I contend someone yelling as someone is bully as well. Most people only yell at people if they feel they can do nothing to them, right? In a case like this, if someone is in the wrong, you get the numbers and tell the authorities.

Yelling at people is just as aggresive as punching someone in my book. It is abusive and dominating. At that point, I feel both parties have the right to come to a mutual situation to settle their honor. If it is a yelling match so be it, if it is fist fight so be it. I personnally choose to talk about it first or just let it go, but, if I was being aggressive and someone wants to go to blows about me being agressive and abusive to them, then I have to expect it. It is a simple system and it works. People do not mess with me and I do not mess with people. That is why I try not to be abusive or aggresive to people.

I think if a lot of people lived by the thought they might get the beat down or have to settle up honorably, there may not be as many A-holes out there.

Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-12-2004, 4:37 PM Reply   
First I can't believe I just took 35 minutes to read this thread.

Second, I don't understand why they can't suspend the X9 from the lake pending further adjudication. This is not protecting the public at a public lake, this is endangering the public. So if some guy was accused of rapping someone at the park, until the courts convict him he would be allowed to hang out at the park?????? I would hope not. I realize this is an extreme example, but give me a break.....suspension is legal if based on pending adjudication at most public places. Any news of late from the San Diego government?

Pixi - please provide us information on what Geoff said/did?

ie. that would justify boarding another person's boat and beating them up and then laughing about it later?

(Message edited by tcluv85 on October 12, 2004)