Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (bglisooey)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-17-2009, 9:40 AM Reply   
Anyone looking for a trailer should check out Boatmate Trailers out of Maryville, Tn. Their trailers are well built, their prices are good and their service is unbelievable. When a shipper canceled on me at the last minute Owen at Boatmate drove 400 miles out of his way to deliver my trailer. WAY BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY.
Old     (jclay5)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-17-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
I agree I beleive boatmate makes one of the nicest trailers on the market. I have toured their factory right next to skiers choice factory and they really have a fine product.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-17-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
Thumbs up for Owen at Boat Mate. I ordered one
for my new 210 they tricked it out and it fits
the boat perfectly.
[IMG]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/mypics003.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/biminitop003.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/New210004-1.jpg[/IMG]

(Message edited by mhunter on March 17, 2009)
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-17-2009, 4:45 PM Reply   
What's a good base price for one.
Old     (waketn)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-18-2009, 8:33 PM Reply   
nice trailer! A buddy of mine just picked this up for his I/O. Its a Phoenix. He said the sales rep was awesome to deal with. Thinking about getting one for my boat!Upload
Old     (rwb_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-20-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
Can't go wrong with Boatmate and Owen is great! Here are some pics of what they did for me on the XSTAR.

Upload
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-20-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
...agreed, they are simply the best trailers for our boats, imo. Fit perfectly, well built and very sharp.

And the company is a pleasure to work with.

Upload
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-20-2009, 3:26 PM Reply   
`you guys have some pretty straight ballin' trailers uh.

mine is so boring.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-20-2009, 3:30 PM Reply   
anybody want to get rid of your old trailer?
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-20-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
That triple axle is smart. My dual-ax (which I ... I ... I like, but ... these I LIKE) has oil-filled hubs with a window. What are these hubs? One of mine is misting oil. The mist oil has settled out on and coated the chrome and then grabbed all the road grime it could until things look like I've got anodized rims.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-20-2009, 5:10 PM Reply   
My Boatmate is nice, but I've been having some problems with it.... Jerry from Boatmate and I have come to the conclusion that maybe the bowroller is too high. I have a very hard time getting the boat all the way up to it, no matter what the position of the trailer in the water is. Looking at the bunks, it looks like the boat is lifting off the front of the bunks a little. This Spring I'm gonna lower the bowroller down 1" to see if that helps. Also, they use thin steel to mount the bunks with. I can't understand that. 2 of the bunks on the trailer have pushed forward a 1/2" and that may have something to do with the loading problem. My boat is a 24' Launch 24SSV Gravity Games and it seems like the trailer should be a little more sturdy. It's also VERY tongue heavy compared to the other boats I've owned. Maybe a 3rd axle would help balance the load.

Upload
Upload
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-20-2009, 8:34 PM Reply   
John, I have had some serious problems with my boatmate trailer too. And mine looks just like yours! Pretty sure its the exact same trailer. Mine is an '05.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-20-2009, 8:34 PM Reply   
^^^p.s. -- ain't bashing, just sayin'
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-20-2009, 9:09 PM Reply   
What size boat Jason?

I'm not really bashing either because they're working with me the best they can. What sucks is that to change the level of the roller on mine, I have to drive 45 minutes to my camper, park the boat at the dock, drive back to the camper, drill the hole, cut the ears down with a bandsaw, mount a new roller, load the boat. If it's not enough, do it all over again going lower. Then after it's all done, I'll have to take the trailer to a paint shop without the boat. The boat will have to sit in the water for at least 3 days while the trailer's being repaired.

I've got better pics at home of the bowroller that's crushed and the bent bunks. I"ll post them up later.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-23-2009, 5:22 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-23-2009, 7:21 AM Reply   
what do you guys do with your old trailers?
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-23-2009, 10:45 AM Reply   
I bought Rahn's old X-Star trailer...

I have to admit the Boatmate trailer for his X-star is the nicest I've seen!
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2009, 6:02 PM Reply   
those bunk mounts look sketchy as hell. Good luck. It sounds like boatmate is standing behing their product.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2009, 6:03 PM Reply   
behind I mean . Don't wan to get flamed for bad spelling
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-23-2009, 6:40 PM Reply   
Looks to me that you maybe pulling the boat up to far on the front roller. I maybe mistaken but on mine, the eyelet does not stop against the roller.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-23-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
I agree with scooter, the bow eye really shouldn't hit the roller. Check to see where your transom sits at the end the bunks, should be even.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-23-2009, 8:59 PM Reply   
Transom has less than a 1/2" of bunk showing. It needs to be on that far. The trailer came with the Boat Buddy II, but that was destroyed pretty quick.

Before anyone makes a comment, this is my fourth boat. I've been boating for longer than 20 years. Started with my Dad and his fishing boats when I was 12. It's not a loading issue, it's not a driver error, and it's not a ramp problem. Jerry from Boatmate and I seem to think (over the phone without him looking at it in person) that the roller is too high. Hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like the boat is lifting off the front of the bunks to be able to get far enough up to the bowstop.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-23-2009, 9:01 PM Reply   
those bunk mounts look sketchy as hell.

Why would they use metal that thin, standing straight up to support a 4,000# + boat? By the time you add fuel, gear, and stereo it's got a few hundred pounds more.
Old     (tenn162000)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-29-2009, 4:31 AM Reply   
What's a good price for a new no frills trailer? My trailer is like 9 year old for a Toyota Epic Boat and I can't decide if I want to pay someone to completely redo the trailer or consider buying a new one.

What about a used trailer? Where do you find them at? I am sure that would require moving bunks, etc. but who knows anything about this stuff?
Old     (bobbyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-29-2009, 8:08 AM Reply   
I wonder if they will start making a nice alum trailer?
Old     (waketn)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-29-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
Phoenix makes a nice aluminum trailer. Saw on under an X2 the other day,,nice