Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-14-2008, 8:54 AM Reply   
Hey guys I could really use your help with my English paper. An since it is cold out side all I can think about is wakeboarding. So we had to come up with a few questions to put in our paper. I would love it if you could help me out so much.
Thank you for ever and ever

1. what is your favorite wakeboard company ? and why

2. what board do you currently ride?

3. what bindings do you use on that board ?

4. what life vest do you wear, any downfalls to it. ?

5. what do you like most about your set up ?

6. will you be changing anything about your set up this year, like going to the new model ?

7. who is your favorite Pro Male and Female ?

Thank you guys so much for your help.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-14-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   

O'brien wakeboards, best wakeboards on the planet.

Currently I ride and O'brien Player 143, so freaking rad!

O'brien Xenons XL, like bedroom slippers.

I was on Helium last year, but I am making the move over to Jet Pilot for this season. there are no downfalls to life jackets, they keep you up right.

ITs extremely predictable.

6. will you be changing anything about your set up this year, like going to the new model ?

This year I will be riding the Player as usual, but moving to O'brien Closed toe bindings and using the Flex line of boards as well, riding the new Local 144 as well as the R5.

I like everybody who digs wakeboarding, they dont even have to be a pro just stoked on standing sideways.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-14-2008, 9:24 AM Reply   

since I'll never be sponsored, whichever provides the best quality at the best price

05 Hyperlite Era

07 CWB Fuse

Hyperlite 5 to 10 - doesn't float very well in choppy water, but that comes with it not being coast guard approved

good pop and good ankle support

only if the current setup breaks

agreed w/ Andy, anyone who goes out there and just enjoys riding and the time out on the water
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-14-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
I am forsure many have made A's on wakeboarding related papers. However, for college level English papers I wouldn't suggest it. I found most of my teachers were not to aware of the sport and had a hard time finding interest in my topic (and many college prof. grades reflect their liking of your topic). In the end though it is your paper.
Old     (wakemman910)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-14-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
1. what is your favorite wakeboard company ? and why Hyperlite because there the best out there

2. what board do you currently ride? 136 premier

3. what bindings do you use on that board ? 3ds soon 08 murrays

4. what life vest do you wear, any downfalls to it. ? Jet pilot A-10 No down falls love it

5. what do you like most about your set up ? It has sick pop bindings are super comfy

6. will you be changing anything about your set up this year, like going to the new model ? Ya going to one of the 08 hyperlite boards not sure which one yet either Pulse,Era,New premier

7. who is your favorite Pro Male and Female ? Randall Harris or keith lyman Dallas Friday
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-14-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
I have to agree with Craig. If you could come up with some questions like "How great is Karl Marx?" and "Why is Communism the supreme form of government?" you'll do a lot better grade-wise. In English 101 I wrote about things that interested me but in English 102 I took the stance of a Grade-A-Nutjob-Robert-Downey-Jr-in-Back-to-School Communist after I saw an oil painting of Lenin and Marx in my 102 TA's office. I went from being a C student to an A student in English and I don't think it was due to writing ability.

I guess it's CWB. I thinks their boards are decent enough and their hinge tech bindings are awesome.

My "current" board broke recently. Until I find a suitable replacement, I've been riding a Hyperlite Motive I picked up for $40.

CWB Torqs

Some Ocean Pacific neoprene job. It's fine as far as I'm concerned.

Well, I guess my favorite part of my current setup (counting board, bindings, and vest) is that it only cost me a total of $200 and that's counting the $150 I spent on the Torqs.

I'll probably pick up a new (to me) 3-stage board later in the season.

I stopped keeping track of that sort of thing long ago. I guess Shapiro for male. No idea for female.

Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       02-14-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
Ronix. they make quality boards.

IBEX
RELIK
i have a old LF CGA jacket, it is pretty big
It is Poppie
Nope
Shaun Murray and Dallas Friday
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-14-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
Hyperlite. They were involved in grassroots promotion of the sport back in the early days. Sponsored kids that were not just decent on the water with skill but had good attitudes and values off the water. (not talking about just the pros but average local kids) There was a time in the early years of the sport where people actually wanted to buy one of those "Hyperlite boards" because that is what they thought wakeboarding was called. The reps were always good people too.

Hyperlite Syn-Liquid Force PS3

3. what bindings do you use on that board ? Watson open toe or Shane closed toes

4. what life vest do you wear, any downfalls to it. ? Jet Pilot...not coast guard approved and a little scarey for open water rollers.

5. what do you like most about your set up ? Predictable ride

6. will you be changing anything about your set up this year, like going to the new model ? Might try a Blur or Syn (new shape).

7. who is your favorite Pro Male and Female ? Shaun Murray-Will Christensen
Old     (wakeboardlf25)      Join Date: May 2007       02-14-2008, 6:24 PM Reply   
1. what is your favorite wakeboard company ? and why.....CWB never had any problems and always did what i expected

2. what board do you currently ride?... 08 140 plat marius

3. what bindings do you use on that board ? 08 CT Zeus

4. what life vest do you wear, any downfalls to it. ? Helium jacket with the siver city type graphic...downfalls are fades in sun and thread is coming out

5. what do you like most about your set up ? ...everything

6. will you be changing anything about your set up this year, like going to the new model ? hopefully not

7. who is your favorite Pro Male and Female ? ...keith lyman and dallas friday

Old     (liquidmalibu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-14-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
1. what is your favorite wakeboard company ? and why - Liquid Force, cause i've always used there product. i love there team video's, and they suit my style!

2. what board do you currently ride? Shane 136

3. what bindings do you use on that board ? Shane CT

4. what life vest do you wear, any downfalls to it. ? Jet Pilot... sometimes when i crash hard the vest busts open (pretty sure that happens with most vests)

5. what do you like most about your set up ? I've got the 07 setup, i love the black and green theme, with the mad liquid force (car like) badge on the front. its got mad pop, and is skatey too

6. will you be changing anything about your set up this year, like going to the new model ? maybe new vest..?

7. who is your favorite Pro Male and Female ? at the moment i'd say Dean Smith and Amber Wing
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-14-2008, 6:46 PM Reply   
Hyperlite they seem to have to most durable product
Natural
Atlas
Impact vest. Love it
The soft landings and speed
6. will you be changing anything about your set up this year, like going to the new model ? when this one breaks and it will
Murray, Friday
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-14-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
Slingshot/Gator -- Innovative and Rider Owned
Slingshot recoil 142
Slingshot drivers
Oneill boost -- downfall= nonCGA, i can swim underwater with it fine
flex flex flex
if I find a deal
Male - Watson= style
Female- Heather Johnson= rides with so much style and doesn't look girly on the water (a good thing)
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-14-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
1. what is your favorite wakeboard company and why?

Ronix Wakeboards, because of several reasons. The large flat spot is great for rails, and the boards are lightweight, and are much thinner than any other board I have ever rode. Plus the graphic's look sweet.

2008 132cm Ronix ONE

2008 Ronix One Bindings, Size 11 and molded. Feels like a spa for my feet.

Jet Pilot A-10; The buckle part often twists, and it does not float me weight well at all.

Light Weight, Responsive, Shape of the board, Pop, and Comfort.

Probably a different Jacket.

Male - Danny Harf. He's so smooth and makes everything look effortless, even the most technical tricks in the book. Plus he has signifigant value as a free rider, links tricks very well and perfoms on the rails.

Female - Emily Copeland-Durham - smooth, stylish, and classy.

(Message edited by dlwsrider on February 14, 2008)
Old     (devon591)      Join Date: May 2007       02-14-2008, 7:39 PM Reply   

slingshot- i like the way they feel

ronix vault and obrien player

obrien radons and hyperlite Eras

Jetpilot A-10, same thing as caelb with buckle

Player- dont really like it
Vault i havent used yet

i will be buying new bindings and getting a obrien R5

Favorite male rider is Shaun Murray and favorite female rider is Mellissa Marquardt
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-15-2008, 5:08 AM Reply   
1. what is your favorite wakeboard company and why?

O'brien - Stellar boards at a good price

There are a couple...which ever one is not broken at the time. Most of my riding was done on the O'brien Natual 144 last season.

Large Xenon's

XL Oneill Vapor. No.

It's fast & forgiving.

I think I'm going to add the Coda and either another pair of Xenon's or a pair of Natural bindings.

I don't really have a favorite, but if you need a definitive answer... Parks and Andrea Fountain
Old     (claudio)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-15-2008, 7:31 AM Reply   
Liquid force bc they have a good variety of good boards
07 Watson
The Shane Closed toe
I dont know
Closed toe bindings keep my feet warm in the winter
I might trade for an Axis
I kinda like them all
Old     (tmoney8)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-15-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
-Liquid force, great products, fresh boots, and a team that is unmatched in talent

- Watson 138

- Watson closed toe

Billabong Shogun non CGA, jsut picked it up so cant really tell yet. Really light and long

- how forgiving it is. Anyone can jump on it and feel comfortable, plus it has pro model potental for advanced riders.

- thought about trying the slingshot because of all the commotion on it, but dont know if i can leave the force.

- shawn watson and parks bonifay, shawn's ability to make it all look so clean and smooth, Parks' overall ability on a board. Unmatched and timeless. Watch counterfeit this
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-15-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   
Hyperlite- have always used them and never had problems.

07 State 140

State 07

JD WEBB Non-USCG

Smooth Ride

No board is relatively new

Male would have to be Rusty and Female would be Dallas Friday
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-15-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   

liquid force.....just love the bindings they now make

cwb Marius

liquid force watsons 06 ot

jetpilot a-10.....doesn't float to much

cushy soft landings!

would like a faster board but not give up the soft landings

shaun murray......dallas}

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on February 15, 2008)
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-16-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
1. what is your favorite wakeboard company ? and why. Slingshot- Forefront of the flex board industry/ technology with hybrid wood and foam cores. USA made quality innovative boards

2. what board do you currently ride? 2004 Hyperlite Byerly 137 cm

3. what bindings do you use on that board ? 2007 CWB Zeus

4. what life vest do you wear, any downfalls to it. ? Sterns neoprene vest. It is cheap and has no special features about it really, and is dammaged with a shoe goo patch-up job

5. what do you like most about your set up ? It is Byerly's board, that says alot in of itself. Flow through rail is pretty awsome, especially when teaching my beginner friends how to edge.

6. will you be changing anything about your set up this year, like going to the new model ? YES, already in the works! Slingshot Setup! Will be buying a 142cm slingshot recoil with D2 boots. Its all about the F.R.T. (Future Response Technology)

Male - Scott Byerly
Female - Dallas Friday
Old     (wannabewakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-16-2008, 9:14 PM Reply   
Liquid force, becuas the try to build what the riders want

'08 hyperlite premier 136
08 hyperlite large focus
4. what life vest do you wear, any downfalls to it. ? jet pilot baller, no.

haven't rode it yet.
yes i this will be my new model.
murray and friday