Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-07-2010, 2:40 PM Reply   
http://www.hiphopcars.com/category/themed-cars/

how are lucky charms and Live Savers hip hop?
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-07-2010, 3:25 PM Reply   
I got a better one. My friend and I passed this car on our way home one day.

Racial Stereotype Win!

Upload
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-07-2010, 3:49 PM Reply   
Awesome: IMO there was a few that Hit the Racial Stereotype. But NO "RAIDERS" Donk WTF. Im sure there is a Raiders donk out there some where. Raider Nation = Ghetto
LOL Church's Fried Chicken,
And No "Kool Aid" donk I guess we have to settle for Hawiian Punch,
They need a "Colt 45" donk and a "Newport" Donk.
But here's a thought if Black people have their Donk's I would say that Lifted 4X4's are White peoples version. IMO they look the same LOL
Upload
Upload
Old    ajmac            01-08-2010, 4:56 AM Reply   
There are some good ones at
www.youdrivewhat.com
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-08-2010, 8:12 AM Reply   
Hmm...

Upload
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-08-2010, 11:11 AM Reply   
http://www.1usamotorsports.com/

Pretty cool web site of a shop that built some of these... uhh... things.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-10-2010, 10:55 AM Reply   
LOL!!! Saw someone with a Mello Yello car over the summer - dumb - last week driving by the State Drug Impound Lot, the car was sitting in there. Guess we know how he got the money for that build.
Old     (bullydog)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-10-2010, 2:09 PM Reply   
Hey Grant, isn't the black monster truck ocho cinco's? If it's not his he's got one just like it.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-11-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
Andrew: I have no idea who's truck it was. I took the pick's from this W/W thread below.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/754433.html?1263063698
I think it's ironic how some people can see the DONKS as useless and stupid and make fun of them (Like I do) but some how see a Crazy lifted 4X4 as a cool useful vehicle. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       01-11-2010, 10:22 AM Reply   
This corporate advertising on your car thing is new to me. I have never seen this before and find it extremely odd that someone would want to do that.

Grant, I don't understand why you are always bashing on lifted and diesel trucks.

I think what you have done to your boat is awesome and I am always looking forward to your next project.
BUT
Have you ever thought that some people think it is useless and stupid to have a direct drive wakeboard boat with more leds than the time square new years ball?
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-11-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
Grant, my lifted Ram takes us into Pismo, the Desert, into and over some areas a stock height truck could not. Granted its not that much of a lift, but it allowed me to put my 37s on while still giving me full functionality of my bed and letting me get my dirtbikes and quads in and out on my own..

Upload
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-11-2010, 10:36 AM Reply   
Some people DO actually use their trucks for truck stuff, others don't.

Some people use their wakeboat to wakeboard, other don't.

To each their own. That's why there's variety. Grant's got an Escalade because he likes to be carressed by butter soft leather and talked to by his navigation. I've got a diesel because I like to haul multiple dirt bikes while towing a trailer into the deep snowy, muddy woods.

Whatever.... I do kinda agree that a lifted 4X4 is a white man's donk. I still think they're cool. Just not going to do it to mine. However, I also think donks are cool for the work that goes into them. You've gotta give them some respect for doing something different as much as it makes you laugh.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-11-2010, 10:59 AM Reply   
NOOOOOOO!!!
Upload

I can understand and appreciate jacking the car up and pimping it out. But when you theme it to Sweet and Lo or Skittles, that's where it gets weird.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-11-2010, 11:47 AM Reply   
You can appreciate that? Thats the dumbest thing I have ever seen.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-11-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
Jon: I guess Im poking more at people that have lifted trucks that are more for show than what Isaac and Evan and others use their trucks for. IMO a lifted 4X4 1 ton diesel that does nothing more than drive up and down El Camino is just as usless as a DONK. I can see how a lift can help you in sertan terain. It's the DONK style 4X4's that im laughing @

Issac: Im a old Pismo vet. I used to haul a motor home and tow 25 foot enclosed trailer behind it. My brother had a stock Ford F-150. If the beach was all tore up the RV and Trailer would get stuck. Guy's with lifted 4X4's would offer help. 1/2 the time they would get stuck trying to pull me out and make such a mess of the sand they would pull me into the trenche's they got stuck in and make thing's worse LOL. The tires like what you have on your truck would just make things worse. If people would air down and knew what they were doing it would work out, but most of the time it was a joke. My brothers stock 4x4 F-150 with normal tires would out pull most of the crazy lifted monster truck style trucks. Their was no need for the lift and crazy tires we could take his F-150 almost everywhere at Pismo and Glamis.
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-11-2010, 1:00 PM Reply   
lol...come on G...are u really picking on people who do non practical things to their toys? Everyone needs a boat stereo that can be heard on the next lake and every stock part has been pimped out...not that there is anything wrong with that

and I admit I own a lifted truck for no other reason than I can and I like it.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-11-2010, 1:11 PM Reply   
haha Paul. Sorry, that is definitely NOT what I meant. I meant I can appreciate customizing a car... the Lambo is an atrocity and very disturbing!!! I do NOT appreciate that!!!
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-11-2010, 1:31 PM Reply   
The lambo is photoshopped.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-11-2010, 2:07 PM Reply   
^^ And it is not even a decent photoshop job at all...
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       01-11-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
By Brian Miller (brianmiller) on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 1:00 pm:

lol...come on G...are u really picking on people who do non practical things to their toys? Everyone needs a boat stereo that can be heard on the next lake and every stock part has been pimped out...not that there is anything wrong with that

*grabs popcorn,waits for overly misspelled responce*
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-11-2010, 2:44 PM Reply   
*chuckles at irony of misspelling response*
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
*grabs popcorn,waits for overly misspelled responce*

*wonders if Ricardo spelled "response" wrong on purpose*
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-11-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
I think most of the lifted truck guys are just butt hurt because they drive a white persons version of a DONK. LOL
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       01-11-2010, 3:24 PM Reply   
I was getting a jump on G.......thats all......really.I was.......
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-11-2010, 3:29 PM Reply   
I can see the next "Bling Blong" project..Adding some pontoons under it to lift it up off the water!!
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-11-2010, 3:30 PM Reply   
I can see the next "Bling Bling" project..Adding some pontoons under it to lift it up off the water!!
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-11-2010, 9:01 PM Reply   
I just spit my popcorn our at Traces response!

(Message edited by newty on January 11, 2010)

(Message edited by newty on January 11, 2010)
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-11-2010, 9:13 PM Reply   
"I think most of the lifted truck guys are just butt hurt because they drive a white persons version of a DONK. LOL "

Yeah, especially the ones with the rebel flag and "The South will rise again" stickers on the back, while cruising down the street listening to rap.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-11-2010, 9:19 PM Reply   
LOL - rule number one on wakeworld, when commenting on G's spelling, be suure to youse correkt grammer
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-12-2010, 5:25 AM Reply   
Bling Blong!!!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-12-2010, 12:32 PM Reply   
Jeremy - Welcome to Fayetteville Arkansas.