Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-15-2009, 4:19 PM Reply   
Well as many of you know, its been pouring in norcal. and since i cant be out at the lake, i figured id take advantage of it, when ever it rains, the base ball field by my school floods. about 60 feet long, 20 wide and between 1 and 2 feet deep.
I decided to skim board it, im not very good at it. ive only ridden a skim board half a dozen times, but this is the video i came up with
the camera shakes around alot, but thats what you get when your 10 year old sister films
Anyways. not to much action going on, a few surface spins, and a few shove it ATTEMPTS. i landed one or two near the end but the battery died so that wasn't caught on film. and i wont be surprised if you don't watch all of it. laughs
Im going back tomorrow, if i get any better video ill share, but this is what happened today.

just making the best of it!

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-15-2009, 4:24 PM Reply   
i just watched that video again, and i thought to my self

"god im clumsy at that thing"
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-15-2009, 4:57 PM Reply   
killin time brotha, im doing the same. just stripped my cr 250 to the frame and started polishing!! you need a winch.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-15-2009, 5:25 PM Reply   
Hey dude props for getting out there and giving it a go. Maybe try a longer run up, more speed means more of a ride, but then again it also means falling on your ass if you get it wrong.

I haven't been out skimboarding for a while but used to do it quite often, could go the whole length of my mates pool and step off at the end back in the day...
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-15-2009, 6:52 PM Reply   
haha you guys got it, im going to buy a winch once i move out, when im at the beach and run and throw the board down before i jump on it, but when i try it in deeper water like that, something always goes wrong
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-15-2009, 7:14 PM Reply   
i forgot to mention. that was the first board i made. my other one has more of a rocker and is a better shape. i still need to glass it. but im hoping it works WAY better. the nose digs in the water alot. and so does the tail when doing shove its or riding switch