Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-23-2003, 10:02 AM Reply   
I am curious. I see all these people drueling over the parks board and I see tons of parks boards on board racks. Yet, every good rider that I know, who had tried the Parks board, says it sucks.

So, I am curios. Are there any very good riders out there riding the Parks board (other than Parks)?

BTW, if you need/want to get pissed at me for asking this question, that is fine too. :-)
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-23-2003, 10:06 AM Reply   
well I suck, and I didn't like it much, so what do you think about that?! just kiddin'
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-23-2003, 10:12 AM Reply   
Thane, your profile picture is a sweet shot for a guy that "sucks".
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       06-23-2003, 10:15 AM Reply   
I think it's alright. It's not the best board I've ever been on, but it's a suitable substitute while I'm waiting for my subjekt to come back. Look at Chris Williams and I think Jason Callen too. They rip and they're on Parks boards.
Old    flipside            06-23-2003, 10:16 AM Reply   
I'm flat out a beginner, and I hated every second of riding this board. It is so dang slick. Unless you work HARD to keep it under ya, it'll slide right out. And, finding that edge that'll stick is a HARD thing to do.

I had thought about a parks board, and I'm so glad I didn't get one. I'm getting a Belmont this Wed.

FlipsidE
Old    flipside            06-23-2003, 10:18 AM Reply   
Maeghan Major rides a parks board, and she is a very good boarder!

FlipsidE
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-23-2003, 10:19 AM Reply   
i am not too great, but i have one and before it delaminated I liked it a lot. it doesn't spin fast, but pops well and lands soft.

my question in return is, how many times did the people who didn't like it ride it? the first time I rode it I really wasn't impressed, but the next time out I 'figured it out' and really liked it.
Old    flipside            06-23-2003, 10:21 AM Reply   
Tim,

I could really see how it would be a board that you have to "figure out." The first few times I tried to cut on that board, it slid right out from under me. But, when I finally found that edge...when those fins on my heelside finally caught, that thing STUCK to the water. It just took me a while to figure that out.

Either way, I don't think Parks was too happy when I got back in the boat and told him that I didn't like his board.

FlipsidE
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2003, 10:22 AM Reply   
k if you no your basics a parks is great i came off a finless premy and loved it just don't have teh money for one. so yeah its a good board and very stable just needs smaller fins out of teh box. but i only do hs w2w and some grabs. so u can say i suck if ya want. but i m better then all my friends with high doller boats
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-23-2003, 11:09 AM Reply   
I rode the Parks for two weeks last summer when it came out (riding about every 3 days). Not sure how people say that board is loose becuase it edges like no other. I tried really hard to like this board. My problem is that it was too tight for my style. I hooked up great in the water, but that was the problem I saw, with the angled fins it seemed to want to stay in the water and not release from the wake cleanly. (As a point of refrence I ride a finless Premier.) So put me in the column of Parks can ride the yell out of it, but I'm not Parks and it's not for me.
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-24-2003, 4:25 AM Reply   
I went from the motive to the parks at the end of last year. I love the board because it edges like a mother and it's easy to break loose. I think it is great to ride boards like Parks or 3 fin boards with the center fin removed because if you don't edge you'll slide out. It's pretty easy to know when you are not riding properly. I am not an awesome rider and can only do HS/TS 180's, grabs, and attempting backrolls but it has helped me. I thought about strapping on the motive many times when learing the HS 180 because I kept sliding out but I stuck with it on the parks and I'm glad I did.
Old    whitechocolate            06-24-2003, 3:08 PM Reply   
I had heard form people that the Parks Board was loose. I bought one anyways, I was pleasently suprised to find that was not the case. The board sticks well Just as other people have stated when you find the Egde its not a problem its just a small adjustment. I could see it being a loose board if You were used to riding somthing else and didnt ride it long enought to find out where the Edge is. I have ridden a few boards and they al seem to have there Sweet spot, This board is no diffrent. One thing I must say is the Fin's on this board are sharp as hell and work good for putting holes in you Seat's. I wounder if the performance would be less if I was to dull the tip of the fin's