Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-11-2013, 9:59 AM Reply   
To make a long story short, I have the following equipment in my boat:

Syn Micro powering a SS10B sub
6 cabing speakers, XS 650's
4 Rev 8's on the tower
2 HT6 amps to power the interior and tower speakers

I was thinking of using one HT6 to power the interiors and one HT6 (bridged) to power the four Rev 8's..... this way I can use the head units fade control to control the volume in the cabin vs the tower.

Should I be doing something different? Previously mentioned to me was to run a pair of Revs off of each Amp and some of the cabin speakers. In doing this I will loose the ability to control the volume level control so I will probably need to add a 420 eq.

Any help would be appreciated....
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-11-2013, 10:29 AM Reply   
You will want to bridge one HT-6 into 3 ch mode for 300x3. To 3 of the REV8. Then the other HT-6 will get two of the channels 5/6 bridged for the last rev 8 for 300x1. And then the remaining 4 chs will run the XS-650. Bow off chs 1-2 and the last two pairs in parallel off chs 3-4.

This will give you great power across the board. You just want to make sure you have the RCA correct when running the amps. The one in 3 ch mode would have one RCA into it with the button pressed for 2 ch input and ch 5/6 input off. The other would have 2 ch input pressed in and ch 5-6 input ON. You would use a Y adapter at the amps to put the tower RCA into the 1-2 input on the tower amp and the other rca into the ch 5-6 input on the other amp. Then the boat RCA would go into ch 1-2. This way you only need 3 RCA to the amps. Tower, boat and sub. You will still be able to use fade as well and easy upgrade to a 420 later.

You can call and talk to Simon or Rob or Gyver at the office if you need some help. 877-938-7757

Tim
Wet Sounds

Last edited by wetsounds1; 07-11-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-11-2013, 10:50 AM Reply   
Thank you Tim,

You Sir are a champion, I will call if I need help
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-11-2013, 1:41 PM Reply   
Gotta love that type of customer service
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-11-2013, 1:51 PM Reply   
Doesn't get much better than that.

Remember guys, there's always someone there to answer the phone if you're in a jam. They're all great people to deal with.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-11-2013, 7:47 PM Reply   
I have Rev 8's running same set up off a HT-4. Bridged 300 watts each and the scream!! Great power for the 8's!!