Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    cwb123            07-16-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
i guess my other question was too difficult to answer,
so i will rephrase the question:
is it possible to fit a 61"x18'' fat sac in a rear storage compartment
i know someone is going to read this in the next five minutes and i would like a simple yes no answer
sorry for the impatience
Old    foobysmacker            07-16-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
rear storage compartment of what? your truck?

Seriously-- is this in a V-drive, direct drive, IO... what's the mfr/model of the boat?

Also, what's the capacity of the sack (either in gallons or lbs.). Not sure if it's a simple flat bag or something that might expand taller. Do you have the height of the bag when it's filled?
Old    cwb123            07-16-2004, 11:31 AM Reply   
sorry cliff
its a mobius lsv (v-drive)
the sacks say 61'' long by 18'' wide and i am guessing about 12-14 high when full
about 700 lbs
thnx
Old    foobysmacker            07-16-2004, 11:41 AM Reply   
hmm. I'm sure an LSV owner would be much better qualified to answer this question as the LSV is longer than my boat. I have a Sanger V210 21' V-drive.

For comparison, though, I'm installing some 40x19 bags in my rear lockers. They leave some room for the battery and other stuff that can't move as my lockers are about 52" long I'm guessing. Not familiar with the LSV but I doubt a longer boat would give you more sunpad/locker space over more passenger room-- so I'm guessing the bag is too long at 61".

The 18" wide should be fine as would be the 12-14" height. Haven't done the math but that sounds more like a 500-600lb sack to me.
Old    cwb123            07-16-2004, 11:46 AM Reply   
thnx cliff, also anybody else that has a mobius lsv couls help
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       07-16-2004, 9:05 PM Reply   
When the dimensions of a sack say 61" X 18", the 18" usually means it is 18" in diameter when it is full. That means it would be 18" high when full. Just a reference for when you are measuring how much room you have in your boat.