Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-14-2004, 8:00 AM Reply   
Does anbody have any experience with this brand of boats? I have seen these to adds on boattrader

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/4/74258484.htm

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/3/3/74184833.htm

But I cant find any historical information about the company or boat quality ect.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-14-2004, 10:24 AM Reply   
A guy I know had one. He was always trying to get me to pull him. He traded it on a 2000 X-Star about a month after he bought it. I never did ride behind it though.
Old    d_fresh            07-14-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
It is an orphan boat company. They are a bass boat company that tried to break into the wake boat market. My neighbor had one, and I was just getting into boarding. Also his wife would not let him add weight, so I cannot say how good the wake was. The fit and finish is not very good. They are below a Moomba type boat, as far as bang for buck.
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-14-2004, 2:40 PM Reply   
I had a couple of friends that had these boats, and from what I heard I would stay away from them. They company from my understandidng is out of Arkansas where I am from, and i'm pretty sure they did go out of business. We pulled one of these boats in on the 4th. The other friend that had one only had it for about a year. On his when you put one sac toward the back, everyone would have to go to the front of the boat for it to get on plane. Both of my friends would agree I think to stay away from them.
Old    tribal            07-15-2004, 7:46 AM Reply   
Yeah I rode behind one and it was a real issue to get it up on plane[bring a good book]
Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-15-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
If I remember corectly George Fowler who was the original owner and founder of Supra started this company back in the mid/late 90's. Made in Northern Arkansas by a bass boat company. Entry level price point boat at the time. Have only seen a couple and was not impressed. Never have driven or rode in one.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-16-2004, 11:33 PM Reply   
I had a 2000 model. I put 1000lbs up front... 1000lbs in the back.... had to drive about 23mph to get a cleaner wake. It does have a little curl... If you are on a tight budget... it may do the trick... fit and finish is very basic... the gel coat seemed fine... no cracks... an I had 1000 hrs on mine and some serious double ups... It is a value boat... you get lots of options for the price... but I would have to say to get a more main stream name and go 2-5 years older if you want to compare in the same price range... just my opinion