Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old     (wake2wake103)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-27-2004, 11:28 AM Reply   
I just thought it would be interesting to see what your favorite baord company was(ex.hyperlite)
.So listm
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       03-27-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   
cassette
Old    c_dub_bizzle            03-27-2004, 8:31 PM Reply   
cwb. The people at the factory are really nice.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-27-2004, 9:45 PM Reply   
I'd haveta say CWB as well. I like where they're going.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-27-2004, 10:10 PM Reply   
They all make wakeboards so they are already cooler than most companies in the world off the bat. I think CWB has definately reinvented themselves and did it by making great product! Whereas some co's like Hyperlite & Liquid Force will keep a promodel for a 2-4 years, CWB constantly tweaks the shape of the ABSOLUTE & others to make it better each year. Hoopty!!!!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-27-2004, 11:07 PM Reply   
Integrity!!
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-28-2004, 12:14 AM Reply   
I like DoubleUp
Old    lachlantait            03-28-2004, 2:47 AM Reply   
jobe
Old    wkbrdjesus            04-05-2004, 6:44 PM Reply   
Hyperlite fo life... as if anything else comes close}
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-05-2004, 6:46 PM Reply   
cwb, with gator boards a close second
Old    cdubs            04-05-2004, 7:49 PM Reply   
hyperlite has thier deal together. i rode for cwb and two years straight i went through 25 boards a year. i had one session where i dock started then didnt do anything till the dub then broke my board on my first hit off the dub snapped in half then went back to the dock and mounted up a brand new board out of the wrapper and broke it first dub again without doing any wake jumps. then at a tour stop two years ago my inserts ripped out during my pass so i went back to the dock to fix it and narrow my stance to different inserts cuz thats all i could do and start me over where i had to drop the handle and next trick they ripped out again so i was done. that wasted a florida trip. it got annoying when they couldnt build a board right so then they started building me custom boards built thicker and that sucked cuz my deck weighed 9 lbs. i ride a hyperlite for months and slide them down to the foam on rails and they still dont break on the biggest dubs.
Old     (bean521)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-05-2004, 7:55 PM Reply   
CWB
Old    xxplosive            04-05-2004, 8:14 PM Reply   
liquid Force... cool sounding name lol Liquid is a tight azz word
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-05-2004, 8:27 PM Reply   
I like DoubleUP and Blindside.

CHRIS WILLIAMS, you forgot to mention that Hyperlite boards weigh 8lbs!

Just playin', man!
Old     (ddoubleu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-05-2004, 9:14 PM Reply   
liquid force
thats all i need to say
Old    wkbrdjesus            04-05-2004, 9:46 PM Reply   
HYPERLITE... cool sounding name HYPER is such a sweet word
douche bag
Old    maverick_gear            04-05-2004, 11:01 PM Reply   
i like any company that comes out with a fun shape my favorite shapes are the 04' premier the randy harris and the billy mckee. pretty much all of jobes boards are siick too
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-05-2004, 11:27 PM Reply   
reppin Double Up to the fullest, sweet boards, and a totally sweet company to ride for, they really hook it up and are a great group of guys. if you havent been on one, check one out
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-06-2004, 1:14 AM Reply   
i love my premier and my jobe alpha...
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-06-2004, 6:21 AM Reply   
I am now a GATOR board convert.......their board shapes resemble the all too familiar Hyperlite line, but seem to weigh 20% less. And they cost less.
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-06-2004, 6:53 AM Reply   
GATOR! Gator boards are bad!

I agree with ToolFan!!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-06-2004, 8:52 AM Reply   
See double U Beee currently. However, I have no brand loyalty. I'd ride a crusty piece of buffalo poop if it felt good under my feet!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-06-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
Damn... Cdubs post is alarming. I've never heard of anyone snapping boards like that. That's nuts!
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-06-2004, 9:41 AM Reply   
J-Rod, that's cuz no one as big as him goes as big as him. I'm surprised he doesn't break more HL's, but he may not be telling the whole truth on that.

I've been switching between my Parks and my Absolute depending on the wake, but I'm like Blabel in that I'll ride whatever brand as long as it feels right. I like what Gator has been doing lately though.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-06-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
I like the CWB and Liquid Force... Then hyperlite since i got one of those
Old    shaggydan22            04-06-2004, 10:02 AM Reply   
O'brien since 98'
Old     (oulaxster25)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-06-2004, 10:54 AM Reply   
I have not riden anything outher than Liquid Force and don't want to. I take that back, I have riden a CWB, was not too impressed.
Old    duncans            04-06-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
I have no brand loyalty but each manufacturer has at least one board I'm interested in trying. Are there ever any demos/events where all or most of the manufacturers show up with demo boards for people to try out like they do for snowboarding or skiing?
Old    maverick_gear            04-06-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
toolfan the reason the GB line looks like Hyperlites is because Hyperlite stole the shapes from badass(herbie Fletcher) and GB baught the Original Badass Molds...
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-06-2004, 2:53 PM Reply   
I'm not into the whole "what-shaper-stole-which-design-from-who" scene. So I didnt add any detail to my post. I have heard about 362 versions of stories about which shapes come from whoever.

The bottom line is GATOR is the shizzle. I you like Hyperlite, then you will LOVE GATOR. Gator is CHEAPER AND LIGHTER. and I have never seem one break, but it can happen to any board theoretically.
Old    hpdvs            04-06-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
Cassette is by far the best company out there
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-06-2004, 3:40 PM Reply   
Define "Best."
Old    sbvfive            04-06-2004, 3:42 PM Reply   
How many times do we have to hear that Hyperlite stole the shapes from herbie fletcher? Toolfan is 100% right. We know already, give it a rest. It makes sense that a good shape will pop up in multiple boards companies. The two molded in fin, single center design is tried and true....every company has their version. Granted Badass and herbie fletcher had it first, but it was a logical step. Look at surfboard designs, pretty much all surfboards have the same basic shape with the thruster setup. Or look at snowboard designs, you don't see burton telling newer companies to go to hell for using the hourglass shape. Basically, herbie fletcher did the sport a huge favor by originating that design. We all owe him. But each comany that uses his design is doing it becasue it is a good shape, not to be a damn theif. Get over it!

To answer the original question, I currently have boards by Liquid Force, Hyperlite, and GB. They are all good boards, each in their own way. I know that my above post seems like I am defending hyperlite, but believe me, I am not. I have plenty issues with the company and the direction that they are steering the sport right now. The point is that I like to support companies that do good for wakeboarding. GB does that, LF does that, and even Hype does too, although I question their motives lately. Sorry if I hijacked the thread....
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-06-2004, 3:46 PM Reply   
Good post Scott
Old    maverick_gear            04-06-2004, 4:26 PM Reply   
sorry to frusterate you regulars but there are still others who don't know the story..

don't get me wrong i totally dig hyperlite and there whole program i have no ricky G so right now im riding a 04'Prem 136 and love it.

you have to admit though its one thing to see a molded fin and make your own version of it and develope it on your own. its another thing to make a deal with another company to press out there boards then once you have there shapes copy them almost exactly and hold there molds while not producing product for them to sell in essence putting them out of business for the season.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-06-2004, 5:44 PM Reply   
i have had all liquid force boards over 3 yrs. from trip to helix to balance to substance. all great boards. my friends have either double up, blindside or liquid force which are also awesome boards. I think all the companies have their own good boards. The only company that I do not like is hyperlite. Even though theie boards are good I think they are way overpriced and overated. People should stop worrying about riding Park's board and start making there own style. My friend says it best "a $500 board does not make you a good wakeboarder, it is the rider not his board"
Old    sbvfive            04-06-2004, 5:49 PM Reply   
Maverick, I understand your standpoint, and I know about hypes strongarm techniques. They are like Microsoft. Maybe you share some of my hyperlite frustration. Let me ask you a few questions about hyperlite?

1) Have you noticed that hyperlite has lately been way too motivated by money?
***Giving Ruck a "pro" model that wasn't designed by him. They don't have to come up with a new shape, dont have to buy new molds, and get all the kiddies to buy a board becasue Ruck endorses it.

***The slider base--It is supposed to be for sliding, and I ride a premier at OWC and destroy it in 2 slides. Then I get another and destroy that one too. HOWEVER. I slide a 2000 belmont with its measly standard base and it is still going strong. Is the slider base a way to get some cash??

2) Welcome, the video. In my humble opinion, the video sucked ridiculously. No riding, just a bunch of BS. The so called strongest team in the industry, and the video didn't showcase their talents. They all gapped an a frame once or twice each and hyperlite promoted it like it was going to be amazing.

I don't know, you tell me. My opinions aren't set in stone, I just have an uneasy feeling about hypes intentions. I trust Gator and LF way more. And I was down with hyperlite forever, since like 98. The past year, my allegiance has really shifted to whatever company A-makes the best products, and B-supports the sport the best. Lately that has been GB and LF, not hype.
Old    sbvfive            04-06-2004, 5:52 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, I forgot. Anyone broke a pair of Hyperlite Pro Model Bindings Lately??
Old    maverick_gear            04-06-2004, 7:27 PM Reply   
i totally thrashed my o4 byerlys, the BOA's are working beautifully but tha overlays tore out at the screw in points. im waiting on those getting fixxed and have a pair of Vandalls and RG1s on the way.
i totally agree with your opinion i pretty much ride what is fun regardless of who im working for or whatever. i would rather pay for a ricky G, Premier, or LF team, than ride anything that doubleup would give me i just don't feel good on any of there boards.
i was at radar while they shot welcome and the video didn't do it justice in the least. i felt the format is a cool idea but everyone partied so hard they were to haggared to ride there best.
Jib Base is a total joke regular base is way better you never stick to the slider on the old base.
i like GB alot they have a cool feel and the best people with them i.e. Brian allred, Rob hyatt Ricky G, bisch, leslie. they defunetly have room to grow with line organization and brochures team video etc but with Rob and bisch now online it will only be a matter of time.
LF seems to be doing good too but i keep hearing rumors about blowing budgets and goin out of business again. i like most of there product with the exception of the new bindings. i definetly think they should have put more time into them b4 goin to market. the baseplates are great but the inner stitching is weak and will without a doubt be a warranty nightmare. if it would have been me i would have used the same baseplate and overlay with a more traditional softer underlay just like everyone else has while developing the new material to be ready for market.
Old    maverick_gear            04-06-2004, 7:33 PM Reply   
as far as ruck on the old premier i don't think its too bad of a thing really its a kickass shape and eric loves it. they made his setup a little less expensive enabling more kids to afford his stuff. not a terrible move. plus ruck is one of the chillest cooles humblest guys and i don't think he minds a hand me down shape he seems to really dig it.i see where you are coming from tho.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-06-2004, 7:53 PM Reply   
bottom line, the most important factor in the shape of any board is rocker. You can take an absolutely horrible board, tweak the rocker a bit and it will make a world of difference. Liquid Force knows what works as far as rocker, nailed it with the trip and have just slightly tweaked that same rocker on every other model. I would have to say my favorite board company is Liquid Force.
Old    sbvfive            04-06-2004, 7:56 PM Reply   
Maverick, good info! I didn't mean to disrepect Ruck, I was actually trying to say that he deserves more. He is worthy of a self designed pro model.

Good to see that I am not lost in terms of the slider base BS.

I also agree that GB is going good places. They are doing good for the sport.

Let me know how Ricky G's promod boots work out for you. They look sic.

As far as LF, I just bought the transits. I love them so far, so I'll update on the durability.

As far as welcome. I agree. Good concept, poor presentation.

I had Hoped that LF was over their $$$ issues. Time will tell.

Keep the opinions coming. it is good to hear from someone who knows their sh&t. Peace Mav

And how did you manage to land a spot at radar for the welcome shoot???
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-06-2004, 8:48 PM Reply   
yea, the binding issue. My hyperlite 3060's broke after 2 weeks. will never buy hyperlite bindings again
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-06-2004, 9:41 PM Reply   
2) Welcome, the video. In my humble opinion, the video sucked ridiculously. No riding, just a bunch of BS. The so called strongest team in the industry, and the video didn't showcase their talents. They all gapped an a frame once or twice each and hyperlite promoted it like it was going to be amazing.

I totally agree. That was the worst wakeboard video I have EVER seen! WTF were they thinking when they put that together? They must've all been on the pipe. I've seen amature videos on Wakepics that are MUCH better than the piece of crap w/ a Hyperlite label on it.
Old    sbvfive            04-06-2004, 10:11 PM Reply   
Joe, I definetely hear you. Good to see that I am not crazy. Sold my copy on ebay within 45 minutes of owning it. WTF is damn right!!
Old    maverick_gear            04-07-2004, 12:18 AM Reply   
my best friends dad who is a regional sales rep for a huge roofing company and made a mil a year and had to be one of the coolest people who i respect most told me one day that it doesn't matter what you know its who you know. i started to apply that in life and i have had some pretty cool oppertunitys because of it. its funny how small the world really is actually. i have a buddy who moved here from florida like 3 years ago and i taught him how to wakeboard and he told me about this girl who he used to go out with and how her younger cousin was some awesome rider. her last name was webb...
so needless to say my buddy went out with JD's older cousin and grew up and went to the same school as JD and so on. when i met JD at radar i told him about my buddy and he was blown away.

Leo don't let a stupid pair of 3060's make your mind up about Hyperlite bindings, 3060s are very problematic, did hyperlite not fix them? i screw up lots of Hype bindings and they are always fixed promptly and i can't find any others that fit my foot as good so far. im checkin the VS01 and RG1 but for now im stickin to my byerlys.

ya scott let me know about the durability on the transits, my buddy mikey ennen rides for LF but i haven't talked to him lately to ask about his pairs.

I feel GB is definetly great for our sport they are really going in a good direction for us. kinda ads a cool diversity to the sport.

Ruck probably does deserve his own shape but if it ain't broke don't fix it. and like thane said a small change in a board can make a huge difference. as i've seen with peoples take on how much better the GB Ricky G rides than the Premier and the differences are very subtle. i have yet to meet someone who has ridden an RG and not liked it better than an ERA/old premier
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-07-2004, 3:22 AM Reply   
Speaking of board shapes, I start to wonder sometimes weather some shapes are designed for what people want to hear (hence selling more), than really for the better ride of the board? Sometimes less rocker is a good thing, the flat spot can be shorter, you don't always need molded fins..........

(Message edited by kristian on April 07, 2004)
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-07-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
I think that all the time Kristian!

I laugh every time I see Hyperlite's "Scale of Pop". Oh look, if I get the Parks board I will soar like an Apache Helicopter but if get the TFD, I will glide like an C-130.

Their ads are definately inviting to say the least.

Their can definately be too much rocker. But 1000's of newbie wakeboarders will buy them every year, banking on reaching new heights.

I feel like a dooshbag, I use to own a Parks.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-07-2004, 8:01 AM Reply   
cwb
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-07-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
I think I see what scott was trying to say about erik getting a hand me down board. If it's going to be a pro model, that pro should be able to design what they want and basically have some sort of customized shape. It's great that erik loves that board but I feel like if you're going to have a pro model, you should have had a hand in designing it. To me, it just isn't his true pro model.

The interesting thing about that board (in my opinion, at least) is that it's hardly a pro model. If that design was ganked from herbie, then all of those lines ranging from "I designed this board with the best characterisitics from all of the boards I've ever ridden" To "this shape was inspired by our byerly line and our belmont line" is completely BS. I guess that's my main issue; they're trying to take complete credit for that shape when in reality, they tweaked something to "personalize" it and that just made the board worse. Whatever, I suppose, I just wanted to get my two cents in there because I totally agree with scott's opinion.

As far as the rocker thing goes, I agree with that too. Up until last year, I was riding the first trip, which had something like 2.2 inches of rocker...it's a really flat board by today's standards. I was still able to ride that board from 99 better than most with their latest and greatest shapes. If you know how to edge and you know how to pop, you should be able to ride almost anything. Granted, you may have preferences, but the decks should still be rideable (or that's what i've found).
Old    sbvfive            04-07-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
Kristian, you are so right. That is what I am talking about. Just becasue a board is a new shape, or has .1 more rocker than last year, 10000 newbies will buy that shape because the hype catelog said they can ride like parks if they do. When in reality, it really doesn't matter. It is not right for the sport.
Old    maverick_gear            04-07-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
I actually really liked the parks i freekin soared on that thing, but i would never ride it in public.

Basically all newbies that want a high performance beginner board need to look at:
Motives
Trips/Balance
Ricky G
ERA
Billy Mckee
im sure there are others but these are the main ones i think of YOU AGREE??

The trip has to be one of the best boards ever HANDS DOWN! i love that thing!
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-07-2004, 10:55 AM Reply   
If you have the Ricky G on the list shouldn't the premier be there as well?
Seriously, I'd add the DU Pure Ride to the list. That shape is awesome, and it comes at a great price.
Old    unskillfulrider            04-07-2004, 11:01 AM Reply   
hyperlite is by far the best company out there, by far
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-07-2004, 11:04 AM Reply   
Why is it the best?
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-07-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
Because it's by far the best (twice!) that's why! Duh
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-07-2004, 11:24 AM Reply   
because they can brainwash you and force you to answer questions with open-ended responses
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-07-2004, 11:29 AM Reply   
Mav, this is usually the list I give to people wanting to learn, but still want a board to progress on to more difficult things:
GB Ricky G
Hyperlite Motive
Hyperlite Era
CWB Tattoo
CWB Pure
Double up soul
Double up summit
BS Mckee
Liquid force Evo
Liquid force trip
Jobe Lyman
O'brien custom
Joyride Blackbeard
Joyride Dojo
all easy to handle shapes, but can still handle the tough stuff easily.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-07-2004, 11:46 AM Reply   
da moose is definately the best
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-07-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
Is it still cool to ride with the Parks boots?
You know, Zane's hair is receding. Is it still cool to ride the Absolute? ha ha

I hear what you're saying Scott about the marketing crap, but that's what good business' do well. Everyone talks about the Parks board. What about the new Byerly shape?

Old    lunaraven            04-07-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
Hyperlite may have stolen a board design and made some crap videos and have condescending marketing but IMO they are good for the sport because they are financially strong and were the only company last year that shipped their line to my city so I assume they ship to other remote areas of the world such as Sri Lanka. I have a Premier a Motive and a Catalyst wakeskate and I like them.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-07-2004, 12:06 PM Reply   
Its you that makes the equipment cool, not the equipment that makes you cool.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-07-2004, 12:25 PM Reply   
Its you that makes the equipment cool, not the equipment that makes you cool.

BOOYA!
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-07-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
Hey Chris W how many hyperlites did you break last year.
Old    maverick_gear            04-07-2004, 12:50 PM Reply   
Hyperlite Financially STABLE!!! HAHA!! look at H.O.'s history....
i totally agree you make it cool, thats why riders get hired, but you have to admit alot of the gear put out there by these companys really suck and is not cool. im not isolating this to any company. they all have some ghetto looking riding or feeling stuff. its all personal preference and thats why the product has to be diverse but there is still some hands down ugly nasty stuff being put out. Majority of hyperlites stuff rides good and looks good cause they have the most money.
Old    david_jackson            04-07-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
k hyperlite all the way they have the strongest team by far and are always coming up with amazing designs and ideas and i was at wake x and my byerly nob broke after 3 months of riding i called them they were flown to me the next day with a new set now wut a company liquid force is in second place
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-07-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
david jackson, they actually don't come up w/ a lot of the designs. The Premier was stolen from BadAss. Scott Bouchard has been shaping for Byerly since Wake Tech days.
Old    boneman            04-07-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
back to the subject of the Jib Base.
I have a brand new 04' Premier 136 DNA.
I've only taken it for a test run loop around the OWC and no sliders hit, and the base has a bubble in it along the rail. I'm not sure I'm a big fan of Jib Base or not. My 03'Premier DNA had the tacky bottom aswell, and that was cracked before I even rode it (Hence the new '04 I now have) besides the point. Now I have a new 04 that I haven't even had behind the boat yet since the lakes are still froze with a bulging bottom. I guess I'm just not too happy about the whole Jib Base situation, and felt my need to vent. Still a Hyperlite fan though!
Old    unskillfulrider            04-07-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
hyperlite is by the best, by far
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-07-2004, 4:26 PM Reply   
Brandon, can you define "best?" I'm just curous, what makes HL the best?
Old    sbvfive            04-07-2004, 5:56 PM Reply   
Brandon, can you define "best?" I'm just curous, what makes HL the best?

J-rod, that is a damn good question!!

Tony, pick one of the premiers and slide that one, and keep the other one for the boat. Because the Jib base will break on you! See my posts above for some proof.

Maverick, once again points to you for a good answer. Hyperlites stuff rides good because they have the most money. They are like the yankees!! I wish GB had the same budget as hyperlite, then we would see some real good stuff!!
Old    c_dub_bizzle            04-07-2004, 6:23 PM Reply   
this is almost kinna hypicritical. Anyone who has a (board name here) right now would think that company rocks! but if they had a different board company they would in retearn totally think that board is the best. So to say certain board comapanies are cooler isn't exactly the way to put it.
Old    david_jackson            04-07-2004, 6:28 PM Reply   
it is the best because the best ride it if parks danny erick jd chad shaun scott and brian thought another company was better they would ride for them instead liquid force is still good tho
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-07-2004, 7:42 PM Reply   
First of all, punctuation is your friend. Second, I guarantee you that the majority of those guys would ride for whatever company offered them the most money (provided that they got a say in board design). Why do you think they all ride for Hyperlite anyway? You would think that a lot of those guys would actually get more exposure riding for a smaller company because they would stand out more. It seems to me that Hyperlite takes good care of their top riders, and everyone likes stability. Most companies out there would offer any one of those guys their own pro model. Almost every company is capable of making a durable board weighing at or under 7 lbs. The only other factor then is respect for the company...

You need to know that I'm not at all trying to knock Hyperlite or their riders. (For example, I can't imagine Shaun riding for anyone else.) I'm just pointing out that you can't necessarily judge the quality of a wakeboard by how many people ride it.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-07-2004, 8:04 PM Reply   
this thread is full of ignorance.

on the flipside:

"you can't necessarily judge the quality of a wakeboard by how many people ride it."

excellent statement.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-07-2004, 8:41 PM Reply   
FYI, in the past, Byerly said that he would NEVER ride for Hyperlite. Hyperlite flashed a lot of money and lured him.

My point? If Liquid Force, or even DoubleUP, flashed him the green, he probably would have gone w/ them. Hyperlite just got first crack.
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-08-2004, 12:06 AM Reply   
Thane, I'm going to respectfully disagree with you. By your logic, almost every board made by hyperlite would be better than any other wakeboard ever made, because they've sold more of them. And I think that you would tend to disagree with that statement. My point is this: Most pros are good enough that it doesn't really matter what they ride. As long as they have a reasonable amount of respect for the company, they're going to ride for whoever makes them the best offer. They know they'll have a pro model within a year anyway, so it's no problem if they don't like any of the company's shapes.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-08-2004, 12:12 AM Reply   
Where did Thane say that?
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-08-2004, 12:36 AM Reply   
Wow. I'm stupid. Sorry Thane. For some reason I thought he was being sarcastic. I guess I missed the meaning of "flipside." Granted, I've been writing a philosophy paper all evening so my head hurts. Good night all.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-08-2004, 11:24 AM Reply   
Silly Tyler.