Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
I have 6 polk db651 with a kicker zx 700.5. I am using the factory speaker wire from the speakers to the factory harness. Do i want to run all 6 pairs of wire to the amp or do i use the factory plug that reduces from 6 pairs of speaker wire down to just front right and left <<---- FIRST PLUG. Rear right and left <<---Second plug

I dont know how to explain this any better. Can someone please shed some light here.

I know that since i can only use four channels on the amp the rear speaker will have to all go to one channel i think. So if i use the factory plug the amp will just see 4 speakers untill it get the harrness and then see there are actually six???
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-23-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
First, dont worry about any kind of factory plugs, the speakers wires will attach directly to the amp. The best way to configure this set up would be to wire the LT and RT bow speakers to chnl 1 and 2 of the Amp. Then wire the 2 LT main cabin speaker, in parallel (+ to +/- to -) on chnl 3, and the 2 RT main cabin speakers in parallel to chnl 4.

You will need to identify the + and - of each speaker, and make sure it will reach the amp when properly run, wire tied, and tucked up out of the way.

What sub do you plan to use on the class D amp chnl?

Are you using this amp to replace another? Sounds like you are moving the speakers from the head unit to a new amp install.

What size power/ground wire are you planning on using? What do you have in mind for circuit protection? You will need about a 50A fuse or breaker. I prefer circuit breakers myself.
Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
Thanks for the response. So if my amp ratings are:
4 ohms: 70 watts x 4 chan. + 210 watts x 1 Class D Sub channel
2 ohms: 85 watts x 4 chan. + 420 watts x 1 Class D Sub channel
4 ohms (bridged): 130 watts x 2 chan. + 420 watts x 1 chan. (2 ohms sub channel, 210 watts @ 4 ohms

What power would i be putting to the cabin speakers.
For the sub i waiting till next winter i have to many other projects to finish right now. I ran 4 gauge from battery to a dist block 8 guage to the cabin,and tower speaker amps
Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2008, 4:07 PM Reply   
Does it matter where i parallel the rear 4 speakers? Because what the factory has done is taken the 4 rear speakers and their wire and ran them to a plug and then paralleld them there. Since the other end of the plug only has Left Rear +- and Right Rear +- So if i can just use the factory plug i wont have to run as much speaker wire to the amp. Instead of running 6 pairs of speaker wire @25ft a pair i will only have to run 4 pair. Will this work????
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-23-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
Thanks for the response. So if my amp ratings are:
4 ohms: 70 watts x 4 chan. + 210 watts x 1 Class D Sub channel
2 ohms: 85 watts x 4 chan. + 420 watts x 1 Class D Sub channel
4 ohms (bridged): 130 watts x 2 chan. + 420 watts x 1 chan. (2 ohms sub channel, 210 watts @ 4 ohms

What power would i be putting to the cabin speakers.
For the sub i waiting till next winter i have to many other projects to finish right now. I ran 4 gauge from battery to a dist block 8 guage to the cabin,and tower speaker amps

The 2 bow speaker will get 70W's as they are @ 4ohm, the 4 main cabin speakers will get about 43W's ea. They will split the 85w's as chnl 3 and 4 will be @ 2ohms.

You should be good with the 4ga to 8ga, but just for $#!%s and giggles, what amp are you running for the tower and will it be run in 2 or 4 ohm?

Parallel is parallel no matter whether it's at the speakers or amp.
Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-23-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
kickerzx450.2 225x2 at 2 ohms powering 2 wetsound pro80's
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-24-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
Seth,

"ZX700.5 = 4 ohms: 70 watts x 4 chan. + 210 watts x 1 Class D Sub channel"
"kickerzx450.2 = 150W's x 2 @ 4ohms"

4ga wire will do until you add a sub to the 700.5. You may want to consider stepping up to 2ga, now, or when you install the sub. $.02