Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    dertbiker2000            09-13-2004, 1:44 AM Reply   
hey guys whats up.
I'm off to germany on a mission trip for 6 months through (ywam) a christian mission organization. ANd i was wondering if there are any fellow german amigos? that wakeboard and would like to see what a good ole American can whip up on a wakeboard (let me tell ya not much)!!
I will be holed up in Munich, Germany and should have some time off during the christmas holidays! ALthough it might be cold, and yes i am hoping to snoboard the swiss alps, i was wondering if anyone who reads this post could help out a fellow wakeworlder. I remember how 1 dude wakeboarded in iraq, and i thought it would be awesome to board in germany ( OR EVEN ONE OF THE SURROUNDING COUNTRIES!!!) i should be also visiting france, italy, spain and hopefully amsterdam as well, GOd willing. sO hit me up here or at germanyhereicome@hotmail.com. I am leaving tomorrow the 14th of sept and should be there untill april. thanks- t
Old    beach_boy            09-13-2004, 4:43 AM Reply   
hey....
I'm from Austria! (it's the country in the south of Germany )

I think you won't have much chances to be on wake in this month!!

but the Austrian mountains are the best for snowboarding!!

greets from austria!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-13-2004, 6:22 AM Reply   
Dude, I spent a week over in Germany in June. Munich is AWESOME!!! Make sure to check out the cable park, river you can surf, and i forgot the name of the mountain (snowboarding). But also hit the Haufbrau House, etc.....
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-14-2004, 7:01 AM Reply   
There are cable parks all over Germany (44 to be precise) so you should bump into a few on your way
Old    buttacup            09-14-2004, 7:26 PM Reply   
Good luck Travis! And I hope you attempt your backroll out there

Lynsey
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       09-15-2004, 5:44 AM Reply   
I'm in Berlin right now! Can't wait to go back to CA in a couple of days!
Old    dertbiker2000            09-17-2004, 2:44 AM Reply   
AWESOME GUYS, yeah i didn't realize how cold it will be here, i definitely want to hit up the alps fo shizzie!! umm kristian do u have any idea as to a website where i can check out the locations of the cable parks. <lyns... howz nor cal life treatin ya. <hope my spelling is ok, the letters are different on a german keyboard wierd o well
<i am so excited to be here. thanks travis
Old    skippy            09-17-2004, 5:18 AM Reply   
Travis

all the links in 1 place www.wasserski.de

they even have a couple of clockwise cables for the regular riders (but I'm not sure where they are)

have fun...
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2004, 2:12 PM Reply   
Travis, try these guys; www.hydrofoiling.de . They ride all year round!! I have been with them and they are awesome wakeboarders and skyski'ers. I rode with them last winter (our boat was winterized) and it was crazy (2 degrees above 0 (water and air)). They had to break the ice in the harbour to let the boat in the water, but the water was glassy!!! Perfect, they have hot water in the boat etc. So they are prepared, bring a good steamer or a drysuit and you can wakeboard behind the boat in december in Germany!

Tommy
Old    absolutofft            09-18-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
Austria is pretty good, but my favourite resort in Tignes, France :-)
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       09-20-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
I talked to a guy at a shop in the center of Berlin and he said the closest cable park was about 45 Kilometers away from Berlin. He called it Cableboarding.
Old     (wakejens)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-21-2004, 11:38 AM Reply   
travis,
you can board year round in minden/hannover ( is in the north of germany )with us. super air nautique with heater, but the water is very cold, so you need a drysuit or big neo. some pics you see at www.wakeboardfreunde.de look at termine, you see the boat ready for winter
good sites are www.wakeforum.de or www.wakeboard1.de
from germany
jens

(Message edited by wakejens on September 21, 2004)