Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-06-2003, 2:01 PM Reply   
Just wandering if there's any sliders at Lake Norfork in AR. My friend thought he saw one a few weekends ago.
Old    dustin313            08-07-2003, 8:59 AM Reply   
yeah in east pigeon there is one
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-07-2003, 11:39 AM Reply   
Where is east pigeon? I know where pigeon creek is, is it anywhere near that? What kind of slider? Thanks, I would love to check it out and give props to the builder next time I'm down there!
Old    dustin313            08-07-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
i bet he already has a prop for his boat.
it is right by cranfield campground. It is about 4 feet of the water. it has wood on top with sloped sides. It is pretty cool except it needed more weight to hold it down. every time i went to hit it it would spin. it needs more anchor weight.
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2003, 6:10 PM Reply   
Dustin are you riding as much now days? I thought you quit for a while. We'll be there this weekend are you gonna be on the water?? If so, we need to hook up and ride. We'll be in a solid white wakesetter vlx.
Old    dustin313            08-07-2003, 7:44 PM Reply   
quit.....never... just don't ride tournaments anymore. Haven't rode alot this year ......knee injury.. I'll be in a red and black launch out all weekend
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-08-2003, 5:51 AM Reply   
Yeah, I don't ride tournaments either. I've seen that launch out before. I had a pretty bad injury last year too...ankle! Where will you be riding??
Old    dustin313            08-08-2003, 6:32 AM Reply   
its hard to say it depends on how crowded the lake is. Sometimes i go way up past woods point. float creek usually sucks on weekends. today i will probaly be in buzzard after 5. and u?
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-08-2003, 6:39 AM Reply   
Jim, how long into the fall do you guys ride? I don't get down to Norfork nearly as often as I would like. We are going to be heading down in Oct for sure and probably earlier if I can make it happen. Would be nice to hook up with some of the locals. You guys have an awesome lake.
Tony-yellow and white wakesetter
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-08-2003, 7:35 PM Reply   
I don't know dustin. We usually ride at float...you're right that sucks on weekends. Sometimes buzzard. I think we're gonna try some place different this weekend. Some of my friends are already down there. I have to work tonight so I won't be there until early sat. morning. Yeah we definately need to hook up and ride sometime Tony. There's not a whole lot of people really really into wakeboarding at Norfork so it's nice to have somebody come in from other places. I'm going to Orlando the first weekend of October but we'll go after that. Maybe I'll see you out this weekend Dustin....I want to hit that slider! Later
Old    dustin313            08-08-2003, 10:37 PM Reply   
hey tony i'm from st.louis. I moved down here about four years ago mainly cause of the lake. Do u ever ride the kaskaski in IL? I use to ride there some. I'm good friends with Gus from Stateamind. He was just down. ......Jim i went to float today yeah it sucked..
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-09-2003, 3:52 PM Reply   
Anybody go to bull shoals lake? Going on Labor Day. Going to stay in Jimmy Creek...'03 Black and White Launch SSV post if you want to hook up
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-11-2003, 8:39 AM Reply   
Dustin, I usually ride on the IL river or the Quiver River, I have heard great things about the Kaskaski river but have never been there. Gus was at Tablerock Lake this last weekend, we had the last INT tournament of the year. I've known Gus since back in his early days of Bud's Place, we get to ride together a few times a year.

I will let you guys know when we plan on getting back down that way. Would love to spend some time with some of the locals.
Old    dustin313            08-11-2003, 2:16 PM Reply   
tony yeah my friends were there also the gray 22v. I've known Gus since the Buds place days. i bought a surf tip board from him. Hopefully he will come back down this summer. holler if u are ever here.