Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       07-10-2007, 4:37 PM Reply   
So I finally got my wife back on my board after a pretty nasty face-plant at the end of last season and she is now loving wakeboarding. I am thinking of getting her a board since mine is a little too big. Does any one have any suggestions? She is 5'3" 120lbs and can't do much other than just ride. I want to get her something nice and it has to be "pretty", but not overly expensive in case she has another bad fall and calls it quits for the season. Thanks!
Old     (wake_nurse)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-10-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
I have last season's Hyperlite Divine 134, just traded up for a LF Angel 134. The Divine is a great beginner board, plus the graphics are, uh, pretty (I think so at least).

I've had several faceplants this season, just makes me more determined to get back on the board and ride!
Old     (amber_nicole)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-11-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
hey! if you check out www.ride cwb.com they have some PRETTY boards but some are alittle high.. check it out!
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-11-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
Stick with CWB the boards ride like no other. Best warrenty out there. Try the lotus
Old     (amber_nicole)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-11-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
thats what i have lotus131 it rides awsome! and it is PRETTY!!!!!!!!!
Old     (wakechick4life)      Join Date: May 2007       07-11-2007, 1:46 PM Reply   
same here
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-11-2007, 7:25 PM Reply   
What a thread in this section that someone isn't pushing LF????? Say it ain't so.

But I am with everyone else on here. I was former Hyperlite and Blindside, but I put the Sapphire under my bindings and I am not looking back. Love it!
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-11-2007, 10:21 PM Reply   
hey Cade,
glad to hear your wife loves wakeboarding! If you want something thats not pricey, but pretty, have you tried looking at used boards in your area?? I always sell my used boards because I keep them in good condition, and it can be a great way to get a good package for a low price.

If not, Id say go for an 06 model. Try to get a beginner friendly board (LF Diva & Angel, HL Divine & Eden, Ronix Krush but only 07 model) I dont know much about CWB boards, so I cant say about those. Of the boards I mentioned my favorite would be the LF Angel, then the Ronix Krush. Both are very lightweight and very good boards to start progressing on.
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       07-13-2007, 6:17 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the replies! I have been trying to find a used board for a reasonable price, but not having too much luck, so if anyone has one for sale please let me know!
Old     (amber_nicole)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-13-2007, 8:24 AM Reply   
there is a allison girl that is selling 2 boards on here. her headline is looking for a board? she is like 3 below u under girls that ride!
Old     (wakechick4life)      Join Date: May 2007       07-13-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
i have my bella 124 for sale but it might be a little short for her. If your interested just send me an email and i'll send you pics.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-13-2007, 3:37 PM Reply   
Check out this link

http://www.miamiskinautiques.com/cgi-local/webcat/products_page.cgi?action=view&item=07LFDivaWFusion &reset=2592

this would be a great package for her, I recommend the 135 size. The price is really good also... I highly recommend that dealer, they have really good customer service and are very good at helping you with warranties and stuff... not to mention they're really nice people

Hope you find something your wife will like!
Old     (nhu1978)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-22-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
On a good day i'm 112 lbs and 5'3". Hahaha... I ride the '06 CWB 131 Lotus. It's a really smooth ride with or without the fins. Great beginner board and will advance with your wife. If you need the specs/info. you can go to the WakeWorld homepage and look under "Equipment/Reviews" That will help with what size she'll need, cost, and what other info you want about almost every board out there. Good luck!!!