Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (ryane)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-26-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
OK so here is the deal I need some advice. My wife rides a 2006 133 murray. SHe has been riding 132s for a while. I need some advice on a 134. She is pretty good at riding. she busts tantrums backrolls front rolls off axis 3s exc. THat is a pretty wide board and she is only 110 lbs. 5"1. Do you guys think that it is to big.
Old     (ryane)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-26-2007, 11:20 AM Reply   
What board do you all think would be better
Old     (jon_m)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-26-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
she can do all that and still doesn't know what size board to ride?
Old     (ryane)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-26-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
with the marius its really wide. its a lot of board to put under that body. I personally think its only 1 cm bigger which isnt crap. however I have never ridden that board to begin with. Does it ride big? Small? I know its slow. and she is use to a faster board but most of the people here have ridden cwb for a while so i want opinions.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-26-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
I would say it is a bit big. but with those skills, she would probably adjust ok.
by the way, awesome profile shot! waaay too many of those guys in So Cal.
Old     (ryane)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-26-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
has anyone on here around 5'2 110 tried this out
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-26-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
I have ridden that board & I think it will be just fine for her. The little extra length/width is just going to create an incredibly stable platform for her. The board rides a little larger because of the width but it still is a very short board. Honestly, i think the Marius would be a great board for her, its incredibly smooth, has great landings, is edgy and quicker than many give it credit for, not to mention the ridiculous amount of pop it has. If you can try & hook up with Brandon & Chuck, they ride BV weekly and its possible they have a Marius you could try out. If not, they will know where to get em close to you.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-26-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
Im about the same size, and I will be riding a 137 this season (not marius). If she can ride like that i think she will appreciate the bigger pop and softer landings a slightly bigger board will provide though I doubt she will notice a big difference from a 33 to a 34