Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-20-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
We are in the market for our 15 year old daughter a new board. I think she has settled on the LF Minx Bindings, but she can't decide on a board. She is 5'1" and around 115-120lbs. Would a 134 be too long? She is planning on going to a wakeboard camp this summer and really wants to learn to flip. Would a diva board be a good choice for her?
Old                02-21-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
A 134 would be fine but smaller might be better i find i like smaller boards im 17 and i have a 130, i've tried a longer board and i didnt like it as much. i'd say 134 at the max. and the diva would be fine, any beginner board would be good. If you know anyone who is willing to let her try out different sizes that could help your decision too.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-21-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
134 would be ok... havent tried the Diva but Ive heard good reviews.
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-21-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
Thanks for your suggestions! Have a great week!
Old                02-24-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
well the suggestion that i can give to u is that i ride a 134 and i am learning to flip and im only 5'2" and i carry around a lot of excess board. it is going to be easier for her to flip down the line with a shorter board. I talked to some pro about my board and im going to probably start riding a 130 or so... but i also heard some good news about the diva. your call but just trying to help u out.
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-24-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
Thanks
We will check out some 131's and some 134's and see what's the best fit. She has decided on the cadence board with minx bindings. We'll check those out too tomorrow!

Thanks again!
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-01-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
I ride the Cadence 131 and I love it! I am 5'2'' and weigh 90 lbs and think it is the perfect size for me. I used to ride a 125 and it was great to learn all my 180s, but with the 131 Ive progressed so much quicker, can jump higher and land softer. I think she could go for the 134, it depends on what she prefers... smaller boards are easier to move around and bigger boards have more pop and softer landings. With the 131 I found the perfect combination for me, but I am 20 lbs lighter than your daughter.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-02-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
If you're daughter is going to a camp this summer with experienced, pro coaching, you may want to hold off on what board you buy until you listen to their recommendations. My wife is 5'4" and 120lbs and she's been riding a 138 for years....she's stepping up to a 140 this year.
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       03-02-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
Has she ridden before? Also is she planning to ride before she goes to the camp? If she is then getting a board now would be good and i agree with what everyone else said a 130 would probably be fine. But, if she isn't going to ride much (or at all) before the camp i'd hold off because most camps have a big selection of boards for her to try out and then she can figure out what she likes best.
Old                04-04-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
I'm new to the forum, so I might late in posting this info. I'm 5ft, 110 lbs, and I ride a 135 board pretty easily. When/if you decide to buy, check out the board wizard on wakeworld.com. You can type in your size, gender, etc..and it gives you some board recommendations. Then you can read reviews on each board, etc. Hope this info helps and she enjoys camp this summer!