Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (robertm)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-04-2010, 8:09 AM Reply   
Im thinking of getting the new ronix district 137 , im 155lbs and 5'7 would that be a good size range for me . any tips on this.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-04-2010, 8:18 AM Reply   
Yes, that size should be fine. 137-140 would be a good range for you.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-04-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
That is a perfect sized board for you. I'm probably going to order a Ronix Mana 139 in the next day or too. I wish the one had molded fins but I could go with the one with the new slider fins Ronix put out. Decisions Decisions...
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-04-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
Robert: You could go either way. The district feels smaller than it is (due to its shape) most people size up when they ride it. People who normally ride a 134-135cm board will jump on the 137 and people who ride a 139-140 board will jump on the 142. I'd think you'd be much much happier on the 142.

Kyle: If you want molded fins because you ride cable/rails go with the bolt on slider fins and the sintered base. It'll last longer with the slider abuse.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-04-2010, 2:52 PM Reply   
kristian- that is just what i wanted to hear because I really prefer to go with the one over the mana. The sintered fins are such an awesome invention. I rode a one the first year it came out and probably went through 15 fins on the cable. It got pretty pricey lol
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-04-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
Kyle: Had the same problem with my Frontier, ended up using wakeskate shanks. But the new slider fins are way better.