Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (schuey)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-22-2012, 2:51 PM Reply   
I know the Mastercraft X7 is essentially a ski boat with a bit of ballast, a tower and some X graphics. But if you throw in a few fat sacs and weight it with 2K+ will it throw a decent wake?
We are looking for a boat that will throw a decent slalom ski wake and when weighted properly will also throw a half decent wakeboard wake. Experience/pictures/opinions welcome! Thanks
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       04-22-2012, 2:54 PM Reply   
NO. If you want a ski wake but also a good wakeboard wake, I would suggest the X-14v, 205v(X-1, 03-05 X-2, original X-Star), 205 direct drive if you want a direct drive.
Old     (F150Axis)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-22-2012, 3:35 PM Reply   
I agree with Jason, the X7 is basically a glorified slalom ski boat. My old man has a buddy that has one and all he does is run a slalom course.
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-22-2012, 5:59 PM Reply   
X14 V is the perfect boat for what you are describing as the other guys said. The X1 would give you a skiable slalom wake with a nice wakeboard wake.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-22-2012, 8:12 PM Reply   
My university team used to get an X7 every year from Mastercraft for our water ski and wakeboard team. We used to load it up with the factory 700lbs and two 750lbs bags on either side of the engine plus one in the bow, then people, and we didn't get nearly enough wake to justify the ridiculously increased gas consumption. It was also ridiculously crowded when you weighted it. We later convinced our skiers and Mastercraft to let us switch to a v-drive and came to the agreement that the X-15 would be the best crossover.

Old:

New:

Only pic I could find of the weighted X7 wake, not much to write home about.

Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-22-2012, 8:16 PM Reply   
You know what's funny... ask the slalom guys and they will tell you the X-9 isn't even a good ski boat. That's why MC replaced that hull with the Prostar 214 / X-14.