Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       04-04-2009, 10:57 PM Reply   
Project Mobi is here:
I've posted up a couple of time's about getting this boat, but I FINALLY got to bring it home and even took it out for a quick ride on friday. I've decided to go for the murdered out look and so my plan this summer is to slowly customize things to turn Mobi into a OG wakeboat. haha Without further adew (sp?) hereeee's Mobi

we spent the whole day cleaning/wiring/playing. The previous owner did not clean the boat once in 2 years as far as the interior goes so its just got a layer or residue on the vinyl that will be gone by Sunday!

Upload
Dang she looks good behind my truck!

Upload
Cleaning the seats. The puppy wants in on the action as well...

Upload
These amps were just sitting on the floor (seriously) under the seat so we built a wall, carpetted it and mounted the two amps on it after hiding the wires by wiring them through a hole in the board. Still have easy access for tuning them.

Upload
We removed the ski pole there because it was just in the way and something that never gets used and was just taking up precious landscape. I took a small piece of tinted lexan and trimmed it out to fit in the circle were the whole was and then screwed the trim ring back into place over it flush mounted.

Upload
Removed the LS sticker on the back and planning on adding some graphics/wrap later on. Just thought it looked much cleaner without them.

Upload
Removed the factory board racks and took them to the paint shop to be painted black to match the tower.

Upload
And finally the theme sticker for the boat that was on it when purchased from the original owner and I dig it.

Thats all for this week. Still gots LOTS of cleaning left to do and going to shine up the outside tomorrow with the buffer wheel, redo the apolstery on the rear lids, and maybe get a quick ride in.

Thoughts?
Opinions?
Criticisms?
Pics of other murdered out wakeboats?
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-05-2009, 5:49 AM Reply   
She looks great! You gave me a couple ideas too. I have been searching for something to cover the ski pole hole. The lexan, will it break when someone steps on it? I may have to try that. Nice trick using the original trim ring to make it look nice.

I am also installing an amp, sub and tower speakers in the next couple weeks. Your amp rack looks nice. Did you attach the amp rack to the boat at all? How about the sub?

The 'murdered out' look is great but I think it can be overdone pretty easily. I would just tint the windows (but not too much it looks so silly to have to look over the windshield cause it's dusk and you can't see crap) and continue to keep your accents black.

The boat looks super clean w/o the accent stickers and I would leave it. Unless you really really have another 2500 to blow on a wrap. :-)

How about a new prop and some ballast instead?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-05-2009, 10:11 AM Reply   
The boat looks great, all I can suggest is to either swap out that bimini (black tubes, black canvas) or at least get the tubes painted. It is very noticable behind the black tower. And is that your garage? It looks pretty decked out! Other than that, just make sure you post some progress reports!
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-05-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
get a black tower forward bimini from your local dealer and paint the arms black.......you will be much happier with the tower forward than the standard one you have now.....
Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       04-05-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
thanks guys!

Mikey - The lexan won't break, its the stuff they use in the Nascar winsheilds, also, its only a 3in section to the force per sq foot required to snap that would be way more than some fatty stepping on it.
The amp board is mounted to the boat directly below the headunit and screwed in with L brackets to the flooring as well. The SUB I have in the boat is under the drivers area and is not mounted, however it is secured on 4 sides to ensure it won't bounce around.
I'm really ballin on a budget so a 2500 wrap is out of the question but a buddy of mine in town has a vinyl shop and wrap's his WRX about 3x a year so I may try to get him to hook me up with some stuff later down the road. I do like the simplistic murdered out look.
I have a triple ballast system in right now, just purchased the triangle bow sac and 2 fat buddies to keep in the lockers, that should be enough for me.
I would LOVE to get the Z5 rack but my moomba dealer quoted me a 2200$ price, so I think i will hold off on that or make my own.
The shop is actually my fathers glass company and he has all the tools/etc.. that I need so I just spent the day there to do work.

I'll post up again in a few weeks when we get more accomplished!
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-05-2009, 11:21 AM Reply   
These are fun threads to follow, look forward to seeing more progress...
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-05-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new boat. It looks good. I think that boat would look SICK with a white tower and no decals. A stainlees rubb rail would be sweet too. Just my thoughts.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-05-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
i know the z cargo is expensive but the tower forward should only be $500-$600
Old     (smith86)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-05-2009, 5:15 PM Reply   
hey ive got the z cargo on my supra. (came with it). its def a worth having on the boat. as well as really expensive.
post up some more pics im curious to see how the murdered out is gonna look
Old     (warwagon)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-08-2009, 3:31 PM Reply   
How doe's the 4.0 Tacoma like pulling the boat? I had an 01' that didn't want to pull my Mobius and really love the new ones.
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-08-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
scotty

check out monster tower. they got new cargo rack now. i dont know that its as nice as the z rack, but its still fairly well built.
Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       04-08-2009, 9:11 PM Reply   
The 4.0 pulls OK, I definitely wouldn't pull with anything less. I know the older Toyota's have the smaller motor and don't do as well pulling this much weight. I pull about 15 minutes to the lake a few times a week and it does fine on the highway.

9mpg if i'm easy on it, with REAL gas.
7mpg if i'm no easy on it and use eth.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-10-2009, 6:47 AM Reply   
What did you clean the seats with? 2 years of just 303 and I'm getting a build up. I wonder if Simple Green will be enough?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-10-2009, 6:54 AM Reply   
"Gangasta Wake Boarder"??????
Upload
Riding Dirty LOL
Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       04-10-2009, 6:54 AM Reply   
Mr Clean Magic Erasers are a life saver. I have been taking it slow and scrubbing every square inch of the interior, but it comes out perfect.

I initially use a light brush with some tuff stuff interior cleaner to get the top layer (loose stuff) and then just use water soaked eraser and some elbow grease. I'm not sure how long it will last but it definitely looks like NEW right now!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-10-2009, 7:06 AM Reply   
"Ridin Dirty" Are you f-ing serious........

That little teacup chihuahua in the second picture really seals the deal. By the way murdered out is all black, not just black accessories.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-10-2009, 7:10 AM Reply   
Question is "Ridin Dirty" the condition of your Carpet? Because if that's what you intended then the name is great.
Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       04-10-2009, 8:14 AM Reply   
Nubu - That's a 6 week old pit, and i know what murdered out means, i'm just going for the 'style' as mentioned in my original post. It's all for fun.

G - baby steps G, baby steps. these pictures were taken on day 1 and i haven't started cleaning the floors yet.

Man, didn't realize we had such haters on here.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-10-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
scotty should have known real gangsters roll with pits not chihuahua's.

I'm just busting your chops by the way.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-10-2009, 8:24 AM Reply   
Well. I think the boat looks badass. Especially with that black tower. I think it's bad luck to change the name of a boat anyway, isn't it?

Upload
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-10-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
Nice boat and pretty pit, looks like mine when I got himUpload