Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old    the_skeptic            05-31-2005, 10:29 PM Reply   
Hello all! I have a question, I'm ready to switch over to a v-drive from an I/O. I've been looking at the Nautiques (Air 211) cause of the snap in carpet and walk through transom (have the same features on the current I/O), but here in So Cal it's hard to find smooth waters after 9am anywhere, so my question is what v-drive out there can handle semi-rough waters and still produce a good wake when needed when it is smooth. Thanks!
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-01-2005, 5:34 AM Reply   
Hey David, I would say look at the Centurion Avalanche. The only reason I say this is because from experience. I know they are other brands out there that can ride well in rough water as well. The deep V hull on this boat handles rough water very well. And the wake behind this boat is very nice. If have any questions let me know.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-01-2005, 8:55 AM Reply   
check out the supra ssv, decent ride in chop (you know none of these are going to give a good ride though) V drive should still be way better then D
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-01-2005, 9:21 AM Reply   
any inboard with a trim tab will have an advantage anyway, but big (22'+) Tigés ride smoother in chop than anything else i've been in.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-01-2005, 9:26 AM Reply   
The Nautique should be just fine in SoCal. I have a 210, and have no problem with the ride when the armada is out in force on Elsinore...
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-01-2005, 10:01 AM Reply   
I second that.

I have an x-2 and it does not handle rough water well but coming from Havasu with 4' chop it was still ok.

Go with what you like and if that's the SV211(which is super nice BTW)it will do just fine.

P.S. Love that SV211 wake!!
Old    the_skeptic            06-02-2005, 1:28 AM Reply   
Thanks all for the info! The dealership for the Nautique also has Sangers, can the Sanger V230 handle it? ($20,000 difference).

Lance, you're right on the Centurion. My buddy has one and it handled good in rough waters, but the wake sucked! My I/O does better!

Captain Insano- How is Elsinore? I've been going to Paris/Silverwood/Havasu (BML) in the early mornings to get some boarding in, and I have yet to go to Elsinore due to the rumors of how bad it can be. (Dirty, shallow, etc..) Whats your take on the lake?
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-02-2005, 6:48 AM Reply   
Was it an Avalanche?
Old     (whitlock87)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-02-2005, 7:25 AM Reply   
I like TIGE
They have a deeper V then most and they weigh around 1k more.
(The more the boat weighs, the better it will ride in rough water)

I get a smooth ride until the chop gets about 10”
The highest chop I have been in was about 16” with white caps.
Now that was a bad day
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       06-02-2005, 7:56 AM Reply   
David-

The Sanger is an excellent rough water boat. It's actually an excellent boat in all respects. If you do a search on here on Sangers, you'll find them to be a highly respected boat by all. They are often considered to be one of the best boats for your $$.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-02-2005, 8:29 AM Reply   
I have a Sanger V230 and think it rides very well in rough water. Not quite like the old I/O but close. Love the boat overall!
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-02-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
The avalanche is a good choice for rough water but I have to agree with David about the wake. I am a former owner of an Avalanche and I was very dissappointed with the wake, but it was hella fun running through the chop. If I had a choice Id say go with the SV211 but then again I have a biased opinion because I have a 210 and would never consider any other company except correct craft. Were looking into purchasing the new boat from correct craft when it comes out.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-02-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
Uuhhh, don't want to ruin it for the crowd at Els... Seriously, hafta get up early to get the good water. That or rent the channel there. Even though it's green (algae), water quality is way better than Perris (bacteria levels). It's pretty deep right now.

Nautique or Sanger, California Correct Craft is one of the best dealerships around (integrity).
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-02-2005, 11:29 AM Reply   
I just got my first 10 hours on my new Sanger V215 last weekend. I researched the same question you have and went for the Sanger and am very happy with the handling. Went from an I/O to it and had concerns due to the lake we spend a lot of time on can get rough. All those concerns have gone out the window after driving it for 3 days in a row. HD
Old    the_skeptic            06-02-2005, 11:30 PM Reply   
I've been dealing with California Correct Craft the last week or so on the Air 211 and V230. I'm lost on the Sanger, I've read conflicting reports. The v215 is better for boarding compared to the v230 and that the v230 was better than the v215. Any input??

Douglas - if you don't mind, what year and options do you have on your v230 and how much did you pay??
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-03-2005, 9:31 AM Reply   
I have an 03, bought it in sept. of o4, it was a leftover. Not many options.

Black Scorpian
Stereo, 4 boat speakers
depthfinder
front and rear factory ballast--added after purchase
PP Wakeboard--added after purchase

Including those additions I am at $39k before tax.

Love the boat, but I do think that the 215 has a better pure wakeboard wake. I was able to get a great boat for what I think was a good price and I do love the size and space.

Good Luck!