Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-11-2012, 10:55 AM Reply   
There was a thread a while back about the best slams ever. I tossed my hat in for Danny Harf in the Boombox Extra's when he slams into the gap on the rail. I couldnt find the video anywhere online, looks like the boys at wakeboarding mag answered the call. Man everyone in the vid looks like little kids!!! Video has to be like 01-02????

http://wakeboardingmag.com/videos/20...ny-harf-crash/
Old     (coda281)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-11-2012, 11:26 AM Reply   
damn, never seen this one before, that mustve hurt so bad
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-11-2012, 11:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
damn, never seen this one before, that mustve hurt so bad
Still makes me tense up when I see it coming....

I had a similar fall - came up short, gutted a rail support.... two broken ribs and a broken thumb (from trying to catch myself).

Quote:
Video has to be like 01-02????
I hope it wasn't that long ago... because that means I'm getting really old.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-11-2012, 12:03 PM Reply   
judging from that xstar i'm going to say it was pretty close to that era. Do ya'll remember the crash that he (i think it was danny) had in the video pre pop, or counterfeit this, don't remember which one. where he hit the kicker or something and landed on that floating dock that everybody was hanging out on. ( i know its vague, i don't remember the movie or who exactly it was haha.) that crash was awful though.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-11-2012, 12:08 PM Reply   
that was a gnarly slam for sure
Old     (VTWakeboard)      Join Date: Oct 2011       06-11-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
ouch one of the worst. Sippi maybe counterfeit this were he went over the back of the wall ride and landed on a floating dock?
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-11-2012, 12:29 PM Reply   
yea that's it, that must have frickin hurt! i just remembered the crash, and i thought it was harf haha. that was a good dvd, i might need to break that out and watch it again...
Old    9Drozd            06-11-2012, 12:33 PM Reply   
This one was pretty gnarly as well. skip to the 0.25 mark.
http://youtu.be/BQC2TZEOYV4
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-11-2012, 12:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sippi View Post
judging from that xstar i'm going to say it was pretty close to that era. Do ya'll remember the crash that he (i think it was danny) had in the video pre pop, or counterfeit this, don't remember which one. where he hit the kicker or something and landed on that floating dock that everybody was hanging out on. ( i know its vague, i don't remember the movie or who exactly it was haha.) that crash was awful though.
Rathy(I think) got destroyd up at Radar on a rail. A lot like that Danny one but he hit his back and got hurt way worse then Danny.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-11-2012, 12:56 PM Reply   
Oh yea i remember that too! that's the one where he got sent off in the ambulance, i got those two confused, i was thinking harf got sent off in the ambulance but your right. that was ridiculous! he squared the raised up section on the rail with his back, its a miracle he's walking today actually!
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-11-2012, 1:00 PM Reply   
That was awful, but the Rathy crash at Radar was even worse.
In slow mo, you can see the water getting shaken from his hair......

Philip Soven in Relenless and Gator (vs rock wall) in Wake the Beast are among the worst I've seen.
Old     (shredthagnar)      Join Date: Oct 2011       06-12-2012, 6:01 AM Reply   
Hah that xstar looks like a miata compared to the new one hahaha
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       06-12-2012, 8:02 AM Reply   
Glad he was ok after that. It would have been such a shame to lose him. He was inches from medica disaster there. Phew! Sonja has always been a babe.
I am really proud of how Danny Harf has grown up. I remember seeing this just after it happened and thinking he wasn't 'all there' mentally (not after the slam, before it). He had a kind of stoner vibe about him that he's absolutely shaken as he has grown up. He's now a leader in the sport and in the business community around wakeboarding. Good for him. He's a terrific athlete and figure in the sport.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-12-2012, 8:50 AM Reply   
Crazy slam, awesome boat, sick video. Thanks for posting.
Old     (garythedog)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-12-2012, 3:25 PM Reply   
damn that was pretty crazy kinda reminded me of this shredtown vid the fact the he bailed Hard yet still went for a second pull was pretty impressive.

Last edited by garythedog; 06-12-2012 at 3:30 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-12-2012, 6:34 PM Reply   
That sudden a stop had to knock the wind out of him.Also shake him up quite a bit.Lucky he didn't get hurt worse.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-12-2012, 11:39 PM Reply   
saw a guy at my local li'l wake park at antelope point marina lake powell hit a rainbow slider with a funbox on the side (now filled in). he fell from the top of the rainbow and landed on his upper back and head (helmet on thank goodness) on the corner of the box, bounced into the water and immediately started convulsing and stuff. He ended up being ok in the end, but Scary!
i missed getting footage of it by like 5 seconds.