Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (pyroskater00)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-08-2005, 3:06 PM Reply   
any suggestions....water only no lead or any that
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-31-2005, 6:02 PM Reply   
i have a 1999 super air nautique 210 also... (same hull as the 02') so i would also love to know wats good
Old    ag4ever            02-25-2005, 1:08 PM Reply   
I have an '02 SANTE, and a landlock. I am a total newbie when it comes to surfing of any kind.

I tried stock ballast, with the front tank full, starboard tank full, and port empty, and it was not big enough for me to surf w/o the rope.

I have about 600 pounds in lead I will use next time I go out to see if I can find the sweet balance of weight. (I know you said no lead, but you will need more weight if it is additional sacks or people.)

I ride on the starboard side also so that helps with the CC prop rotation.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-03-2005, 12:57 AM Reply   
I have the little LF Skimskate, but have no problems to surf this with only the driver in the boat. We use (the star & port) tank both full and a 540lbs sac in the ski locker.
Off course, the more weight (people) on the starboard side gets better. But this setup already works for me.

Oh yeah, when taking out the ski locker sack and put on the back seat it gets alot better. But mostly we don't botter the hastle.

(Message edited by Laptom on March 03, 2005)
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-07-2005, 9:33 PM Reply   
I used to (just sold my SAN) put 2 large sacks in the port side locker (filling the locker to capacity), a large sack on the port side bench, and a small one on the floor. It would put the rub rail at water level and produce a really good/steep surf wake.

In order to weight the starboard side, I would load it the same but it did not require the small sack. Bottom line, it takes a sh*t load of weight to produce a good surf wake. You just have to play with the weight and the speed (I found slower "9.5" worked better) to see what works for you.

The same setup does not work for everybody. Bigger folks or smaller boards require bigger surf wakes. It sounds like you folks aren't using enough weight. I went through the same frustration. Try slower speeds too, most folks talk about using 10-12 even 13 mph with their boats or setups.