Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-05-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
My bro picked up my boat today at the plant. Wont get to see it until Sat so he sent me pics. Got some big plans on AudioBahn Flame subs in plexi box under LED's

Old     (ridnlow)      Join Date: May 2005       10-05-2005, 10:00 PM Reply   
Thats looks really good! Defintely would like to see more pictures!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-06-2005, 8:45 AM Reply   
Love the 21V!! Supra has really stepped it up this year on the interiors. Tell us how you like the new foam in the seats. I thought it was a little hard sitting in one in the showroom. The billet acecents on the dash are a huge improvement as are the stainless cupholders. Awesoem freeboard on that boat w/ the storage to boot. Sick boat!
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       10-06-2005, 8:46 AM Reply   
THose are really cool flames. I didnt know that supra offered anything like that.
Cool boat post more pics.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-06-2005, 8:54 AM Reply   
Beauty... show some pics once you get it all set up.... I do like the new pattern they put in the vinyl for 06. Looks even more plush.
Congrats!!
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-06-2005, 9:08 AM Reply   
Nice Chris! Tell us more, options?, etc, etc.

Old    zboomer            10-06-2005, 9:14 AM Reply   
Flames seem to be the rage this year, and those look awesome! Nice ride man.

Seems every 21V I see around here have boring colors, glad to finally see one like I'd order it!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-06-2005, 9:48 AM Reply   
hey easy on the insults boomer... we can hear you....
kidding
Old     (suprasteve)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-06-2005, 10:18 AM Reply   
Boomer the flames are new for '06 and personally, unless u'r boat is gonna be black or red, the flame will look stupid IMO. Imagine a blue boat w/ lets say a black or white strip. Or better yet, a white boat w/ a black strip and that flame decal.

IMO, my fave supra decal is the S looking like it's breaking thru the fence.

back on topic....good choice on the boat, now get us some interior pics. Audiobahn is the way to go. Check out their 6.5" marine speakers. the highest RMS rating i could find on a 6.5 speaker(120w RMS).
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-06-2005, 10:23 AM Reply   
Thanks Riders!

NAW - 340HP w/ETX exhaust, Wakeboard Prop, PP, Duel battery w/Isolator, Docking Lights, Heater, tounau front cover, 4 channel amp and Roswell 4 speaker/light bar. On the Trailer I went with swing tongue, LED lamps, Diamond Plates. I did not go with the wheels cause the standard match my 05 F250 Sport better, although I really like the optional wheels so much better this year. The one thing I wanted but could not get was the LED "S" on the light bar. I Cant believe SC is missing out on the sale of this option.

At the dealership we will do a Full Road Cover, Matching Speakers Covers, Move Cabin speakers to factory 4 channel amp, Install 2 channel amp for tower speakers @ 2 Ohm, Install 2x10 Subs in Downfire Plexi box with a mono amp. Lots of LEDS, Sirius, Upgrade to 2200lb GG Bags.

Old    zboomer            10-06-2005, 4:02 PM Reply   
Diggs, no offense. I like the toned-down rides, but prefer my boats to be bright colors. My SSV was red, so I dig that red 21v. :-)

I've NEVER seen a 21V locally that's bright colors, and was beginning to think they didn't freaking make one! I realize it's trends we're seeing, the trend lately is more down-toned, earthy colors, but I still like bright.

SupraSteve, totally agree. Wouldn't look right on most colors, but it looks cool on the red. I also like the "S" busting out graphics.

Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-06-2005, 6:31 PM Reply   
SupraSteve - not just black/white/Red. I shot this pic at the Plant day after LaborDay. This Boat made me switch from the Claw to Flame graphic. Nick has been trying to get me to go Orange for 2 years now. Based on this orange boat I bet the flame looks great on Yellow, Too!
Old     (bennettag10)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-06-2005, 6:38 PM Reply   
i still think its best on red
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-06-2005, 6:43 PM Reply   
Thanks Brett. Thanks SC for using Ford Red too!
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-06-2005, 8:05 PM Reply   
Nice!

Would love to see pics to see how much they changed the interior from 05...
Old     (suprasteve)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-07-2005, 6:41 AM Reply   
That yellow looks mustard yellow. I thought the yellow they use to use was more brighter than that? I like how that have the paint on the 20ssv extend above the rub-rail line.

and for some reason i dont like that flame decal w/ that color of yellow. might look sweet if the colors were swapped(mostely black w/ yellow line). oh well, to each their own opinions/likes/dislikes.....keep posting pics of them though!!!!
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-07-2005, 6:59 AM Reply   
I think that is the orange 20SSV I have sitting behind me in our show room now, and not yellow. Those flames look even better on black with red stripes, just opposite of Chris’s boat. I have one I will try to get some pic’s posted of. Those flames are killer and look even better on the water in the sun!!!
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       10-07-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
Hey Chris, Congrats on the new boat! I have been lookin at the 21v Supra and the 06 looks good!! I just want to know how the wake is. So after you ride let me know. Or take pics of the wake. Thanks and have fun on your new boat!!!!
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-19-2005, 6:59 PM Reply   
Picked up at AquaMarine of Anderson today! I really like the looks of the new style Bemini. Makes me want to put those flames on the truck

Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-19-2005, 8:14 PM Reply   
Nice ride man and truck looks good
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-23-2005, 8:53 PM Reply   
Well I got the first 3 hours break-in on the motor today. I dont think the weather got up to 50F. My Daughter, Sarah, 15, drove about half the time. The front tounau cover with the heater makes all the difference in the world. I really like the new dashboard! I was thinking about a tricked out convertable top that snaps to the windshield and the tower, and following the lines of the windshield/tower. What do you think? Soon as the weather breaks we'll ride.

Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-30-2005, 5:10 PM Reply   
Nick gets first Ride behind the 06. The perfect pass worked great. Im using the longer 600lb bags in the rear with the GG bag upfront. Wake was great but the 15mph cross wind gave us problems today. This boat is the best driving wakeboard boat ever made

Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-30-2005, 5:19 PM Reply   
Nice boat and wake!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-31-2005, 1:08 PM Reply   
wow, that looks like a SICK steep STEEP wake, looks like something I'd like to ride!
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-31-2005, 1:11 PM Reply   
man that wake looks like it boots ya!! waaay steep.
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-31-2005, 7:49 PM Reply   
wow, wake is sick. How fast were you riding?
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-01-2005, 2:54 AM Reply   
Eric - I wish I could ride like that but thats my son, Nick. He rides all the way out at 22mph. He is on my 05 State 141 board in the above pics. I ride one in at 21.5
Old     (billybobfl2001)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-01-2005, 5:03 AM Reply   
How do you like that bimini? It looks like it is way up there. I wonder how much shade it really will provide being that high?
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-01-2005, 10:53 AM Reply   
sweet boat Chris!! i am liking the Supra 21V more and more...and that wake is sick!! Congrats

someday, someday i'll be able to get one.. hopefully!
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-01-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
Bill Benton - I like the bimini alot. Compared to the other bimini offered, this style...
Looks cleaner, does not hide the tower speakers, better sound from tower speakers, 2 less straps to hum in the wind, rear attaches to tower is more stable, tows better on trailer, THE BEST IS NO OBSTRUCTION WHEN YOU SWING LOADED BOARD RACKS IN ALL THE WAY TO GET IT IN THE GARAGE. As far as the sun screen, I dont know yet. Its so late in the year and cold but I think its gonna do fine. Highly recommended!

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-01-2005, 6:31 PM Reply   
Damn!!! That boat is sick to the max!!! The wake looked great to. Great choice in colors and graphics can't go wrong with that set up.
Old    kvanderg            11-03-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
Question? I am thinking of trading in my 2005 Luanch 22ssvGG on a 21V and want to get it right.

The 600lb bags... are they smaller or bigger than the GG bags a guy could order in the back? I know you mentioned you are running the GG bag in the centre.... how many lbs. is that?

Where were you running the wake plate?

Also... was the checker plate on the trailer, standard, optional or aftermarket?

Nice boat... nice wake... looks like an old man like me could hurt himself on that wake :-)

Sorry if I have asked any duplicate questions... too lazy to read the whole thread word for word :-)

Thanx.

KV
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-04-2005, 6:51 AM Reply   
KV,
He took the original stock front locker bag that is rated around 600# (actually can do about 650#) and put that in the rear compartment. He then order another one of those and put it in the other rear compartment. These bags are longer than the gravity bags so they will extend up under the seat to move weight forward. He then ordered a Gravity Games bag for the front locker. It is rated at 1000#, but will actually hold a little more. I think 1150#. You will not get it totally full without lifting your front cushion a bit though... Might not have to fill the back bags either. A lot of us run our 21V's like that. I run my wake plate at 3/4 up. I think Chris runs his at half. Just changes the steepness and lip and cleans it up. People also tend to ride a little closer on the 21V. 65'-75'
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-04-2005, 7:41 AM Reply   
Yep, what Diggs said. A good way to upgrade that center bag is to get the factory center bag for a 24SSV. I think that bag is rollin' like 1100#.
Old    kvanderg            11-04-2005, 9:13 AM Reply   
Guys... thanx for the time and effort to answer my questions. I am a bit of a newbie... so just to clarify:

1) Sometimes you fill just the centre bag and not the rear bags?
2) What is the boat speed with that rope length?

I am not nessecarily thinking of trading off my 2005 22SSVGG because it is not capable of throwing a very similar wake; however, the interior is nicer on the 21V and more freeboard=less water getting in the boat and less water getting on the spectators (early & late season concern). That and the wake pictures I have seen always seem taller and steeper on the 21V. Wish I could have actually rode behind one last summer

I actually think the 22SSV is a nicer looking boat than the 21V... but a guy has to go with utility on the important stuff... if not... he's just posing.

How does a guy post a picture? Lazy once again i guess

KV
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-04-2005, 11:01 AM Reply   
KV,
I had all the same dilemnas as you when I purchased the 21V. I was really decided on the 22SSV, but switched last minute. The 22SSV looks much sleeker, but had no storage and that was a huge factor for me. Both throw a great wake. The 21V is very steep and has a lip at the top. I generally run my ballast full (front and back) all the time. If you do this you really need your passengers in the bow or at least sitting up by the driver to move weight forward. I generally run at 22 - 22.5 and will run at 70' including handle or at 75'. It seems close, but it really is optimal.... I am not the best wakeboarder, but the better guys that have ridden have found it better in also. I got some die hard (other manufacturer boats) guys that feel they need to be riding at 80' or 90' and they find out that the wake is not very clean out there or shaped optimal and wide as sh&%.... These rope lengths probably change some as you take some weight out of the boat..... good luck
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-04-2005, 3:35 PM Reply   
KV - I too used to have the 22SSV and you cant beat its style and its wake is very comparable. However the 21V is by far my favorite boat. Its so much more bigger and comfortable for my crew. Also something unique to me, I think it is the best driving boat for tounaments because of its turning radius and just easier to drive all day.

Reguarding the GG bags, Diggs and NAW are correct. But last year I ran the same weight 2x600 in the rear in my 05'21V that were shorter & taller. Nick and I already prefer this years bags. I changed to the longer bags because of McFly and Matt Browns suggestion about getting the weight a little more forward. They were right (so thanks guys). KV - all bags are full & the only time you see me let any water out is when we are done. I think its so funny to here my Daughter, Sarah, whose only 15, whisper to me about how little the wake was behind xyz boat when she rides behind the other brand at our events.
Old    kvanderg            11-05-2005, 2:44 AM Reply   
Thanx for all the info everyone.

Just to prove I'm not that lazy... I figured out how to shrink and post a pic.

Cheers

Old    kvanderg            11-05-2005, 11:33 AM Reply   
Just 5 more questions:

1) Would the bag combination you guys are running in your 21V's (long 600# pair in the back and a 1000# GG in the front) work on my 22SSVGG?

2) Would it make that big of a difference?

3) Would it be too much weight for the hull... as far as keeping the nose out of the water?

Before anyone jumps on this one... I know how to drive and keep the nose out of the water... but I like to ride too... that means the wife or a buddy has to drive. They are really doing me a favour (as the wife pointed out) by driving... so I am not allowed to complain (as the wife pointed out). I hope she doesn't read this or I'm in trouble :-)

4) Is there a checker plate kit a guy can order for the Boatmate trailer?

The rubber stuff is falling off my Boatmate trailer.

5) Can a guy order a chrome or stainless swing away hitch for Boatmate trailers?

My brake fluid reservoir was leaking on delivery and the paint is already being eaten away. I am pretty sure that once the paint is gone... rust will soon follow... but I'm no rust expert.

Instead of being a stickler to the Supra dealer about the Boatmate trailer... I would rather just get a non-painted swing away hitch and save being a stickler for more important matters... a guy has to know which fights to pick

If I keep saying Boatmate... maybe a Boatmate rep will chime in and help solve my Boatmate problem... just like how the great folks at Roswell Wake Air chimed into a thread and send out free repair kits for swivel board racks...I have an email address for Roswell if anyone is interested

Thats alot of typing... have to go lay down now.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-06-2005, 6:06 AM Reply   
It would make a huge difference and could handle it but I don't think those bags would fit in the 22
Old    kvanderg            11-06-2005, 7:31 AM Reply   
Good point...

I should probably start my own 22SSV thread and see what people have tried.

Thanx.

KV
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-06-2005, 2:23 PM Reply   
yes you can order a stainless steel swing tongue for your boatmate.
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-06-2005, 9:12 PM Reply   
Hey Chris,

How are you and Sarah, have you made it out to So. Cal. lately? I guess I should start by asking if you remember me (Sean Jackson) and the time you two came out on my SAN at Lake Elsinore. Anyways, sorry for the highjack, just thought I would say hello.

The boat looks sweet!
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-07-2005, 5:09 AM Reply   
Sean - Thanks. Sarah is doing great, in fact she just made honor roll so for a "Great Job" I booked us tickets to ride at Bear Mountain Jan 5th. Hows Elsinor in Jan?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-07-2005, 10:52 AM Reply   
Vince, the Gravity games bags will fit in the 22. 1000 in front and 600 in rear, btu when full the rear compartments will be opened a little as well as the front walk-thru cushion.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-07-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
The GG bags will fit in the 22, but the config the 21V guys are running will not, (i don't think). They run up under the seats in the seating area. I believe those are blocked of on the 22.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-07-2005, 11:50 AM Reply   
That is what I was talking about. They will probably L up against the back wall putting alot of weight on it.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-07-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
yeah i know what you were talking about Gene. That was in response to adam curtis's post....
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-08-2005, 5:14 PM Reply   
I got to ride first time today. Water 52 Air 65 and sill above our 100F rule (water + air temps gotta be above 100f) Wake was Great. Perfect pass really works good too. Here is a pic of Nicks ride today.

Here is the 2x10 DOWNFIRE SEALED SUB BOX. Its 24x12x12 Clear Acrylic. Still has protectant covers makes it green for now.

The regular 2x10 will not fit unless it is raised about 2 inches because of the hull starting to curve in toward the center so I picked the DOWN FIRED box and modified the right rear corner of the box to make it fit.

Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-10-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
Cold, green, but all to yourself.

Be sure to e-mail me or give me a call (909)234-9957, I would love to go to Bear with you guys. Do you have lift tickets or just your plane tickets so far? I should be able to get lift tickets for you (free of course).

Talk to ya soon, SEAN
Old    kvanderg            11-11-2005, 8:51 AM Reply   
Does anyone with a 2006 Supra 21V have any good comprehensive interior pictures they could post?

My dealer is telling me the interior has changed from last year.

No 2006 website, no 2006 boats that I can sit in and no 2006 boats I can water test... wouldn't mind actually seeing something before I order.

Any help is much appreciated... thanx.
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       11-11-2005, 2:45 PM Reply   
i just stopped by my dealer & looked at the new 21v. the interior is the same, they just changed the brand of vinyl they are using. its supposed to be softer.