Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-24-2005, 4:52 PM Reply   
so this coming season i wanna start doin some comps. one problem, i have NO clue what level i am. im 15, about 140 lbs. (if that has anything to do with it), i can do an indy grab, a 180 (one wake), clear the wake, ollie, ollie 180, nose grab. thats pretty much it. im guessin that'd put me at the lowest category. but is it not enough to a point where i'd be wasting my time? i just wanna see what you guys think. and if you think its not enough to compete, would you let me know what tricks i should be able to consistently stick before i embarrass myself? i've been riding since like second grade and cant do anything...im just ready to step it up and go somewhere with wakeboarding. thanks
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-24-2005, 5:47 PM Reply   
Novice?
Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-24-2005, 6:03 PM Reply   
thanks, but do u think im gonna need some more tricks up my sleeve?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-24-2005, 6:13 PM Reply   
no dude, that's they beauty of a grass roots contest, they make a division for virtually everyone. Just go compete, you'll probably meet some really cool people that you can ride with, and the more you ride the more stuff you can learn. Don't worry about how many tricks you have.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-24-2005, 6:19 PM Reply   
i dunno nuthin, but according to this page, if you're inrolled in college, you could participate in Collegiate Nationals:

http://www.americanwakeboard.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=130&Item id=1

the same page also mentions that mens novice level is 1 invert or less.

so here's the plan: study hard, practice wakeboarding, get into college and go to the nationals!

oh yeah, don't forget to have fun doin it all!!

Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-24-2005, 6:52 PM Reply   
no no no no wait wait wait wait just one minute...... if your competeing your never wasting your time unless YOUR not having fun! So long as you can cut from one side of the wake to the other, theres always a place for you in a comp (if you can't i'd say at least learn that one the week before the comp)... but you get the point. I'd say you'd be in novice and i'd say that will be just as rewarding in the 'having fun stoked' feild as if you were advanced/pro/outlaw whatever! I admire the confidence to go out and do it, alot of people are just too scared with no reason what so ever to feel that way. Stage fright and shyness are the devil!!
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-24-2005, 6:52 PM Reply   
Yea... you can compete at Nationals.... its next week at OWC and i'll be there.
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-24-2005, 6:53 PM Reply   
Grant- you are a Novice rider, and exactly what Thane Dog said, grassroots events have a division for everyone. Just go out to have fun and meet new people- check online in the Events section here or your local shop or in 2006
www.intleague.com
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-24-2005, 6:58 PM Reply   
Paul, it's collegiate nationals next week, and unless he's in college at the ripe old age of 15, I dont think he will be competing...Just thought I might clear that up.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-24-2005, 7:01 PM Reply   
yea... your right, im an idiot
Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-24-2005, 7:12 PM Reply   
thanks guys, im prolly gonna go watch a comp first tho and see how things are run. ill be sure and let yall know how it goes. if theres anything else i should know, dont be shy to post. thanks
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-25-2005, 11:00 AM Reply   
INT IS HELLA FUN!!!!!

do that
INTleague.com
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-25-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
Grant, Its a blast just go and compete. You will be glad you did for shure
Best of luck to ya!!