Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old                07-04-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
I have the KX 350.4 kicker amp, but not sure what kicker 6.5's to get what do you guys recomand?
Old                07-08-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
I would recommend staying away from kicker altogether. Anything that you can buy at best buy or Fry's is junk. You don't want to be running the same stuff that the 16 year old kid down the street is running. Go to a specialty stereo shop tell them what your application is and they will probably suggest something like crystal, diamond, MB quart or polk. You will spend about the same amount of $$$. Even though the max watts aren't quite as high as that other stuff; that is only a gimmick.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-08-2005, 3:03 PM Reply   
For someone to say "Anything that you can buy at best buy or Fry's is junk." is just retarded. You can buy a canon Digital Rebelxt at Best buy. Is that junk? I suppose all those plasma screens are junk to?

You won't spend the same for polk or MB Quart as you would at best buy, but You get what you pay for. Great speakers are exactly that when in the right application. Most of the time that your in a boat you don't need speakers with a perfect frequecy response. My guess is that he wants something that sounds good, and loud. Just go listen to the speakers somewhere and get the best sounding speakers that you can afford.

That max watts/gimmick comment was right on though.
Old                07-13-2005, 6:09 PM Reply   
Jeremy said it! I wouldnt even consider putting diamond or crystal in my boat. polk's are good for sound quality but there not very loud, i have all polk in my truck. The loudest custom set up i ever heard was all kicker and it hit, loud and clear. the reason that you get people at stereo shops trying to sell you some speaker that you never heard of that are suposed to be the $%!^ is because they can by them from distributors for dirt cheap and make a killing off them. then you get some sucker bragging about some system because the guy who sold it to him said it was the best. Well, your ears dont lie!
Old                07-13-2005, 6:13 PM Reply   
by the way, you already have the 350.4 so you best best is to get 2 pairs of the Kicker KS6.5's, The reason for the KS rather than a SS or RS is the KS come with titanium tweeters which will hold up to the elements. The ss and rs have a silk tweeter......no bueno.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       07-28-2005, 1:12 PM Reply   
i don't know wtf you are bashing on kicker for because they put out some of the best sounding stereo sound i have ever heard. rockford fosgate are also very good. my neighbor was sponsored by his local stereo shop to have all rockford phosgate 4000 setup in his car, sounds amazing. he has 1500 in an amp and 2 subs, and another 2000 grand for component speakers and another amp to run those.