Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    daniel_g_smith            09-13-2004, 1:32 PM Reply   
somebody tell me what you think about the 2004 hyperlite temet.
Old    e_smooth            09-13-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
It sucks balls there is not enoughf pop and its too lose a slightly larger fin might help but you would be better off on a tfd it has better pop
Old    daniel_g_smith            09-13-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
thanks if there are any other opinions they would be greatly appriciated
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-13-2004, 4:43 PM Reply   
I hate to follow up such an informative post about the Temet, but I'll try.

Its a great board. My first impressions of the board were that it tracks really well and wasnt too quick or too slow. The fins are a little big for my taste. Every knows you edge with your board and not your fins. Smaller fins would help the release, not that the release is bad. To me, and I'm not a Hyperlite guy, its the best board they make.

My only complaint is that it took a while to dial in my toeside backside spins. I'm sure it was fin configuration that I wasnt used to. After a while, everything was peachy.
Old    e_smooth            09-13-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
EVERYONE HAS THERE OWN TATSES BUT IT IS ONE OF HYPERLITES WORST SELLING BOARDS THIS YEAR AND IT CANT ALL BE GRAPHIC
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-13-2004, 5:17 PM Reply   
hahaha - please see thread "cant say no to 3 stage" lol
Notice they changed the name from belmont to temet, sales dropped, now they call it murray, I bet sales will be fine.
Rides good in my opinion, consistent edge, like tool said, fins kinda big for my liking, I like to ride finless... or without added bolt on fins rather seeing as no board is really "finless" these days
Old    daniel_g_smith            09-13-2004, 5:49 PM Reply   
I have been riding a Cwb prodigy platinum and i can do hs 180s ts 180s and grabs i can also do hs fs 360

do yo think i will benefit from this board or do you thing it will screw me up because i hear is is kinda slick while riding
Old    e_smooth            09-13-2004, 8:56 PM Reply   
what do you like about your prodigy what dont you like what do you want out of your new board?
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-14-2004, 5:10 AM Reply   
i know i may be slightly biased, but it is a great board. we have people try it every week and make converts from 3 stage boards to it all the time. it tracks really well, but at the same time is really easy to butter around. the landings are really soft.
the board is very consistent and predictable. to be honest i have never heard anyone say that "it sucks balls", but e smooth does sound very knowledgeable, so who knows.
Old    boofhead            09-14-2004, 5:34 AM Reply   
I ust brought the 04 but dont get to ride it for another few weeks. Whats this about needing smaller fins? I thought it came with 0.8's which are tiny anyway?
Travis - does it need much in the way of fin adjustment?
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       09-14-2004, 5:50 AM Reply   
I've been riding a belmont for about 2 years. My bindings are in for some warranty work and I've been riding my buddy's Temet. WHOA! I am hooked on it. It was very loose in the beginning compared to the Temet, but after you get used to it this board rocks. I agree with everything Travis has said.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-14-2004, 6:10 AM Reply   
they were sending it with .8's, which i think most people will like, but, they are starting to send some out with 1.1's "tighten" it up a bit. personally i would stick with the .8's, but its all personal preference
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-14-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
I had one for a couple of months, super smooth board, everybody that rode it loved it. Forgiving and soft landings, best board I have ever ridden. Can't go wrong with one IMO.
Old    e_smooth            09-15-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
Everybody we have try says they dont like it my opinon is just that for the amount of rocker it has it should have better pop it is a looser ride but i think a looser slower ride goes better with a three stage, becuase youre already anticapateing a slow ride I just think the tfd is a better representaion of what a continus rocker can do its fast and smooth with good pop.
Old    r_dub            09-15-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
E smooth, I have never ridden the temet, so I dont have an opinion on that. But I can tell you what really "sucks balls", and thats your grammer!
Yes, your grammer "sucks balls" dude!
Big naste harey smelle stinke balz
Old     (bec)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-16-2004, 5:33 PM Reply   
The hyperlite Temet is one of the best boards i've ever ridden. I think there awsome boards! Great pop, awsome rocker and good fins.
Old    kbsmith88            09-16-2004, 6:46 PM Reply   
I got the 132.7 biolite a month ago and have come to love this board the most out of the ones I have ridden(03' 137 Byerly, 03' 138 parks, and a 98 el nino.) No it isn't the popiest board out of the 4, but it's definately the most consistent. I haven't come of the top of the wake feeling outta control once, and the landings are smooth as butter. I can see how people used to a tight feel would find cons in the fin configuration but for me, a fan of the built in fin feel, it hasn't hurt my riding a bit. Tracking wise, I have yet to have it slip out on edge. Speaking of edging this board is fast on the water. The a-sym construction in my opinion isn't "a gimmick" as most people like to make accusations of. Has it made me a pro at switch? Not quite, but I can tell a difference. the slightly tigher feel has given me the confidence to try more switch riding, and in that way I have progressed. From that, draw your own conclusion.
Old     (mpayette)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-16-2004, 8:11 PM Reply   
I have begun riding with a LF DLX 03: very loose, good pop, not heavy but... not to predictable.

Went to TheBoardingSchool, and tried a Temet 04.

It is very easy to ride on and learn. Very easy to ride switch (asymetric board). You are not afraid to run switch with this board. Tried it on my LF DLX and 3 nose jobs on the same set with the same config and same bindings

Very predictable and you can make mistake and you will be able to recover.
I find this board a lot more heavier and more difficult to have a good pop.

You need to work more with your legs to jump, that a fact.

I hope the Murray 05 is less heavier than the Temet 04