Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Melissa)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-26-2010, 4:46 AM Reply   
We taught my stepkid how to ride this weekend!

Her mom tried to teach her how to waterski last weekend, with no success.

This weekend we took my stepdaughter (from now on referred to as SD) to a competition (INT League - Charlton) and once she saw the other little girls ripping it up, she wanted to try it, too.

So we strapped her into my board, I gave her a few pointers, and after only 3 tries, she was up and went half way around our lake!!!! After an hour she still didn't want to stop! And by the end of her run, I couldn't believe her her form! She looked like a mini-pro - she was standing tall and everything! She only 9yrs old.

After her "set", she grabbed the rule book from the comp and started checking off tricks to learn so she can compete in August. That's my little wake-chick!

I can't even tell you all how stoked we are!

Pics to come...
Old     (Melissa)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-26-2010, 6:55 AM Reply   
Here are the pics. I'm sorry for the crappy quality...

First time up, she was a little wobbly.

This was an hour later. I told her to keep the handle to her hip, tuck her butt and keep her chest up. She actually listens very well.

Her first video haha! Its very shaky, so don't watch if you're prone to motion sickness.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-26-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
That is so awesome! We taught 3 new people to wakesurf this weekend. It is a great feeling to see someone learn something new. Sounds like your SD has a great attitude and will be throwing down in no time!
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-26-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
Nice.