Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old     (propkiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-17-2003, 3:30 PM Reply   
I am looking at putting a tower on my 2002 Larson LXI, but due to living in the burbs I cant store the boat at my house, if I put a tower on it can I still use the factory cover?
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-17-2003, 7:11 PM Reply   
Mark,

If you have a cover that snaps over the bow and cockpit areas you will likely need to have it modified for the mouting points of the tower. If you have a full cover then it depends on the tower and your cover.

Many towers (like our Monster Tower - shameless self promotion) are designed to fit under the standard factory boat cover. Some towers may be toughter to get under the cover becuase they still sit up pretty far when folded.

Check out http://www.worldwakeboardcouncil.com/links.html for a pretty complete list of companies that build towers, and search these board for comments as well. There are a lot of great towers out there you'll definately find one that fits your needs.

Bill

Below is a pic of a tower folding to go under a factory cover.

www.MonsterTower.com

Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-18-2003, 9:09 AM Reply   
I have always bought covers that were made for the tower. On my Super Air Nautique, and on my previous Air Nautique, the cover was a standard catalog item. If you are adding a tower to an existing boat you may need one to be custom made.

The basic issue is that the cover needs to separate in order to wrap around the tower mounts. The cover has velcro closing slits holes for the tower to poke through. The rope that goes around the edge of the cover also needs to take apart at the tower, and the cover has a velcro pouch to contain the knot where you tie it back together.

I do NOT recommend attempting to cover the tower (well, that monster tower folds down pretty flat, so that might be OK). A friend of mine has an Air Nautique and a cover that goes over the whole mess with the tower folded down. It keeps the tower clean, but what a pain it is to deal with.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-18-2003, 10:59 AM Reply   
On my 'bu, the cover did not come standard with tower slots. I did however, pay a local cover shop to modify it. they put slots in it with snaps to hold it tight, and then lifejacket style clips on the rope in order to allow it to be snugged tight at the back of the boat. works great.