Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    ampedmotodiva            07-03-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
I just have to brag for a second or two...

Sometime last summer, someone on WakeWorld asked how hard it would be to find a pull in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I believe Aaron posted a few pics of his pull behind one of the water taxis. I was pretty stoked about that because I went to Cabo with my family a couple of weeks ago, and I had every intention of bringing my board, but my sister talked me out of it at the last minute.

Upon our arrival, we were hanging out at "The Office" around 6pm, and two boats with towers began cruising up and down the coast with wakeboarders in tow. Because I was a little too shy to approach them, I waited for my boyfriend, Arun, to arrive a couple of days later. When he did, he asked the couple for a pull, and before we knew it, we were wakeboarding in Cabo! Of course, I can't say much about the wake, but they were riding a 2003 140 Hyperlite Premier, and we couldn't have asked for more! Arun landed some awesome tricks - pretty good for not wakeboarding since March! I also must say that Rafael and Jessica were so kind, and they invited us to their bar, The Aqua Lounge, afterwards. It's a sick place, for anyone who's looking for a local bar on the main tourist strip in Cabo.

Anyways, I thought I would share a few of these pics with all of you. I hope you enjoy!

Arun 360 (Cabo)
Arun Raley (Cabo)
Arun on Wake (Cabo)
Rafael & Jessica (Cabo)
Anne-Michelle & Arun (Cabo)
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-03-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
Awesome AM!!!

It is more the just the "experiance" than the actual ride, I remember it like it was yesterday. Paradise in Paradise. CONGRATS - Give poon a hello for me, hope all is well!!!
Old     (zee)      Join Date: May 2001       07-03-2003, 10:46 AM Reply   
Anne-Michelle, we went to Cabo a couple months ago and had dinner at the Office one night, we also saw some people riding off shore there. Was it an I/O with a tower? Did you guys hit Squid Roe or The Giggling Marlin? Cabo is awesome :-)
Old    ampedmotodiva            07-03-2003, 10:53 AM Reply   
Hey Aaron! Yes, it was definitely an experience on that little boat, but the fact that it had a tower was pretty cool! We had an awesome time down there, and I can barely wait until we go back! Luckily we have a couple of timeshares, so it won't be too long until we return!

Hi Leslie! There were two boats with towers on the water while we were there - one was a white boat with a white tower, the other was a white boat with a black tower. Both couples know each other and they're awesome. We got their contact info, so when you go back down there you'll definitely have to give them a call! They only started boarding a couple of months ago, but they're addicted already!

It's pretty cool to know that you can meet people with the same interest in board sports all the way down in Cabo!
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-03-2003, 12:37 PM Reply   
I think I want to back in a couple of weeks and maybe lose my passport while I am there, so I can't come back. Hmmmmm......
Leslie: We went to Squid Roe, that place gets a littel out of control........ pretty funny watching some of the people there.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-03-2003, 2:30 PM Reply   
Did you get any waves Arun?
Old    norcal_99            07-03-2003, 2:44 PM Reply   
Arun, Did you get a tan?

Glad to see the knees are holding up.

AM, Stacey says "Hi"

Old     (wakeon)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-05-2003, 12:12 AM Reply   
NICE!!! I love Cabo.
Wish I was there right now!