Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-12-2012, 4:55 AM Reply   
Seems i'm moving from NY to Baton Rouge! glad to be heading back to the south!

Anyway, I know of False River and Tickfaw.. Any other good places to ride?
Anywhere to live on the water around Baton Rouge?
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-12-2012, 5:18 AM Reply   
Unfortunately there isn’t anywhere to live on the water unless you make your way towards Mandeville or Madisonville but in baton rouge the most water your going to live on is a golf course pond,

I’m a grad student at LSU, and I ride with the LSU wake team on the intercoastal which is 5 minutes from campus. Its a really deep canal with really long straight aways. But your other options are what you mentioned.

If your ever looking to ride let me know I’ll be around here for the next couple of years!
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-13-2012, 7:00 AM Reply   
Dave,
thanks Intercoastal sounds Great!
Be there in a few weeks.. lets meet up and ride.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-13-2012, 10:42 AM Reply   
there is tons of water AROUND baton rouge just not in actual baton rouge. Amite river is in prairieville and goes into tickfaw, diversion canal, lake maurepas. False River is absolute crap. do not, whatsoever ride there unless its at sunrise or late evening.... and even at those times its crappy. people will debate this with me but trust me dude... its nothing but bulkheads and people who try to make excuses and say its okay to ride their. don't believe them. they are full of ****.

amite, intercoastal, tickfaw, blind river, and diversion canal are the best places to ride in baton rouge. aside from the intercoastal, most of the water is a 30-45 minute drive from baton rouge. check out Rukus Board Shop and let those guys tell you where to go to ride. they've basically pioneered wakeboarding since it first hit Louisiana.

i just moved from baton rouge to atlanta so i'm outtie, but i can put you in touch with some really great guys to ride with. everyone rides with everyone down there... just gotta open up to them and don't be afraid to talk to people. i never had a 'crew'.... thats how laid back the riders are out there. just let the good times roll. hit me up on here if you have any other questions...
Old     (fbgm)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-30-2012, 5:22 PM Reply   
Im trying to find some people to ride with when i head up to lsu in the fall. Im not very good by any means whats so ever, and im assuming the people on the lsu wake team are pretty good. But it would be nice to go out every now and then.
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-30-2012, 8:25 PM Reply   
Message me when u get back. My boat is in Mississippi now but should be here in BR later.
Old     (mikejones)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-31-2012, 5:55 AM Reply   
We ride Diversion/Blind River, 30-40 mins southeast of Baton Rouge. Lots of glass, anyone is welcome to come ride.

Brad, if you're looking for a pull before your boat gets here drop me a line.
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-31-2012, 6:28 AM Reply   
MJ
I'll send you a private message. I'd love to join you one day. and see where that is.
Old     (fbgm)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-31-2012, 8:44 PM Reply   
Yea ill have to message you when i get up there for sure.
Old     (mikejones)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-01-2012, 3:38 PM Reply   
Glad to have you anytime! mpabreo@gmail.com is the best way to contact me as I only check this forum every couple of weeks.
Old     (J720)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-03-2012, 4:16 PM Reply   
I'm in Baton Rouge but have a camp on Sam Rayburn in TX. I'm down to meet some locals!