Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-16-2012, 8:32 PM Reply   
So i will try and upload some videos in a little bit, although i have a mac and the videos are on my andriod phone... so i dont know if ill be able to upload them or not.

I am primarily working on two inverts right now, a toe front flip and a tantrum and am just having the hardest time. I have the rotation on both of them all day long, but just cannot seem to stick them for the life of me.

On the front flip I get all the way around to the board and then slide out every single time.

On the tantrum i know the flip and how it should feel, but it seems like the line tension is pulling my arms up and turning it into a whirly type motion...

I am not afraid to take a hit, i'm just sick of not landing them.. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys/gals.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-16-2012, 8:44 PM Reply   
arm, not arms, can't backflip with two hands....
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-16-2012, 10:16 PM Reply   
I don't quite understand what you are saying by the line tension pulling your arm up, you mean like mid-rotation? Make sure you are squaring up to the wake enough, the only reason I can imagine your arm moving at all would be that you are spinning more of a one-handed HS frontflip, if that makes any sense.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-16-2012, 10:35 PM Reply   
I cut in, do the trip and wait to initiate the flip, I feel like I am squared up. Although, it may be that I am not squared up enough, that would make sense. I don't know.what is happening, I just know that I keep landing switch with the handle in front of me and eat it. Almost like landing blind, but with the handle in front of me, not behind.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-16-2012, 10:52 PM Reply   
So landing blind as in your back is to the boat with the handle in front of you, making the rope wrapped a bit? Or are you going revert, as in your back hip is now facing the boat when you're landing? And if you mean TS front roll and not TS front flip, which I assume you do, then its a fairly easy fix. You have to almost over rotate a front roll to get back over your toes, and you will feel like you're going to fall right onto your face as soon as your board hits the water but your line tension will keep you upright and carving away from the wake. The way I was told was as soon as you start to finish the flip and you see the horizon, do a crunch to get your shoulders over your toes. If you stay standing upright your weight will be over your heels and you'll slide out and end up on your butt. Videos will sure help, and good luck.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-17-2012, 9:16 AM Reply   
i am landing revert when i do the tantrum, but i am not handle passing...

I am working on the videos, the problem is, the videos on my android wont up load so i will have to get knew ones on my go pro when i try later this week.

The toe front roll* is the trick i am trying, and that is some great advice so thanks man! ill try that next time i go out.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-17-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
When you square up for the tantrum are you looking straight back like a standard back flip, or are you looking over your rear shoulder maybe? If you're spinning, you're either looking where you shouldn't or you're pulling the handle instead of keeping it at your side. A lot of people push the handle up near their head on the tantrum.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-17-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
Blind or revert?
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-17-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
revert... idk how in the world it keeps happening man... lol, it could be that i am bringing the handle up towards my head unconciously. i just feel like the rope is pulling my arm up towards my head every time. i dont feel like that should be happening, it doesn't look like there should be that much of a struggle you know?
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-24-2012, 9:27 PM Reply   
Buy a trampoline. The money you save in gas will pay for it in about 2 tricks. Getting comfortable upside down will help. make sure on the tantrum after squaring up, your are looking at the far wake by doing a back bend, not by turning your head. It happens all the time, as soon as people jump, they want to turn and look at where they are going instead of putting their head back and kicking their feet over it.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       07-25-2012, 2:36 AM Reply   
I made this for my sister when she was learning tantrums. Does yours look like this?
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-28-2012, 8:25 AM Reply   
Will: it looks exactly like hers except i rotate all the way to my feet...

Cody: I use my buddy's all the time, can throw both of these like nothing on a trampoline. i never thought about that last bit....

Thanks for the advice guys, i really appreciate it.