Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    upupnaway            08-15-2003, 9:16 PM Reply   
My brother learned to ride on tuesday, after I have been trying to convince him to try for a year. This video is clips of his second run of the day, no rest or recovery in between faceplants. I have no clue how he survived the day. I have never seen anyone take this kind of punishment.
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=8528
Old    jarrod_holley            08-15-2003, 9:42 PM Reply   
WOW! he took a pretty good beating
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       08-15-2003, 10:56 PM Reply   
The last one was the best!!!!
Old    rdierolf            08-15-2003, 11:37 PM Reply   
i really hope your brother wants to try wakeboarding again
Old    grantmi1            08-15-2003, 11:43 PM Reply   
damn
Old    upupnaway            08-16-2003, 3:55 AM Reply   
It is hard to believe, but he does want to come back out.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-16-2003, 5:13 AM Reply   
good stuff! i like the 'triple diple directing,' right before he smacks his body down for a full on PLANT!! at least he was up, my husband took our friend Rob, and he never even got up,,,now he won't even talk to me, cuz then i went a few months later and got up and outside the wake on my first time,,,he's so mad,,!
so let your bro know he is doing better than MOST! have fun!
Old    west_sider1            08-16-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
he was going like 15 mph it looked like he was landing on a nice soft pillow
Old    bassboy8855            08-16-2003, 11:14 AM Reply   
wow... well, its nice to know someone is just as good as me!
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-16-2003, 11:15 AM Reply   
I have a friend who is a rather large tall strong guy. He was trying to get up for a good hour, durring this our tower was creeking like crazy, and he actully had the boat almost at a dead stop. He was using the boat board which is a 141cm board. On his last pull, he was gettin up, and the handle broke! all we say in the boat was the rope commin back towards us, so we all jump out of the way. we look around, no handle..., we look at him and he is holding it up in the air.
Luckly Jeff at Cope And McPheters traded it in for a new one with out a fuss.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-16-2003, 3:35 PM Reply   
OUCH! I'm glad I was driving most of the time - but watching this tape makes me hurt for him all over again. Can't believe y'all went to Vegas three hours after this footage was shot.
Old    lakesideluver            08-18-2003, 6:48 AM Reply   
and lizard reappears, youve missed out on a hell of a season there..... we have had so much fun with my rave slider and im landing backrolls and 360s now
Old    sdguy            08-18-2003, 8:54 AM Reply   
Weclome to wakeboarding
Old    fng03            08-21-2003, 10:50 AM Reply   
I have to say, soreness aside, it was more fun than I'd have thought; and the punishment I took in Vegas was far worse. My second time out was better, so maybe there is hope...

PS - Hey Bryan; if that looked like a "nice soft pillow", you must have had some brutal sleepovers as a kid!
Old     (aaron_l)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-21-2003, 11:23 AM Reply   
Mike is close to landing 360s
Old    lakesideluver            08-21-2003, 12:06 PM Reply   
*trying* was supposed to be in that post, i wouldnt even say im close to landing 360's
Old    leslisa            08-21-2003, 12:14 PM Reply   
Wow! This reminds me of me . I'm still trying to stay up and it's been a month.