Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jd7bball)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-21-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
I'm riding behind a '07 Mobius LSV. It came with factory Gravity III ballast system and the wake plate. what length should my line be, how fast should I be riding and what is the best combination of ballast and trim???
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-21-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
70-75 line length.
I would think 20 or a little faster would be a good speed.
And since I don't know how everybody reads there gauge for the plate mine is barely above the back line towards the back of the gauge. But I run way more than stock ballast....So you could try closer to the middle of the gauge.

One bit of advice....when you find a good spot for the plate,DON'T MESS WITH IT ANYMORE....Or you will be screwing up the wake all the time.

Or at least that is my experience with my 07 LSV

I know I confused you . But maybe it will help?
Old     (jd7bball)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-21-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
thanks jeff, right now im riding with a 60ft rope plus the handle, being towed at 21.5 with 50-60% wake plate and all the ballast filled. im just having problems floating my airs and grabs.. i dont know. any suggestions on improving my ballast??
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-21-2010, 3:33 PM Reply   
A friend of mine back in Kansas City has one. I can't tell you exactly how we weighted it other than to say it was slammed. Don't know where we had the plate either... I can tell you that boat has potential for a great, steep wake.
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-21-2010, 3:57 PM Reply   
I like 75 feet, 22.5, wake plate right in the middle, bags full.
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-21-2010, 5:16 PM Reply   
Sorry for the low res pic

http://i49.tinypic.com/2rdjj10.jpg

(Message edited by brainrinse on February 21, 2010)
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-21-2010, 5:43 PM Reply   
Well I put 750's in the back and run a triangle sac on top of my seats in the bow. I had to upgrade my prop also.

If you can find a cheap fat sac or two,Put it in the walkway or on top of your seats in the bow. The LSV likes weight in the nose.
You can always go a really cheap route and just buy bags of quickrete and put it in a plastic bag and wrap it in duct tape and put under your cushions. A cheezy but cheap way to get extra weight. I used to run a couple under the bow of my old Nautique.

d powers your wake looks good, I know my speedo's are off so I just go by rpm since I use ez-cruise and we ride about 36-38.5k rpm???
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-22-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
Dizzy, its all personal preference...

I have the 750's in the back of my 08, and put ~800 in the bow/middle on top and front of the integrated 400, some of my crew ride at 70 while some ride at 75, one guy rides at 80... 20-24 mph

you just have to play with the plate to get the wake shape you want... the more plate, the more of a lip/peak the wake has if I remember correctly, I don't mess with it all that much...
Old     (jd7bball)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-22-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
thanks you guys.. yeah i remember the wake size get pretty ridiculous when I have a few people riding the nose of the boat. thats really the only time I can pull off a back roll. So I will try and get a couple fly high cubes and the pump and weigh down the front. we'll see how that works.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-22-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
03 moomba LSV
60' plus handle
21.7mph
plate only 1/4 of the way up
upgraded rear sacs(450s i think)
stock center locker sac
no body in the boat but driver