Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    waterdog2            09-26-2004, 3:50 PM Reply   
Found board floating today at elsinore, very distinctive markings.
Old    waterdog2            09-26-2004, 4:07 PM Reply   
If you can describe it shoot me an e mail. Dont give discription here.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-26-2004, 6:29 PM Reply   
Waterdog - I was out there this morning, I can I.D. the board, but you should be getting an email soon from the owner. We spent 2 hours this morning looking for it, checking with people going back to the ramps. Really cool to see your post!
Old    waterdog2            09-27-2004, 4:03 AM Reply   
still no e mail.
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-27-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
There were a couple people in a white/navy SAN that lost their board out there yesterday.
Old     (erica_b)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-27-2004, 8:26 AM Reply   
The board is mine guys. Thanks for being so honest... that's really cool. We looked for it forever, but I never thought I would see it again.

The board is an '03 Liquid Force Substance 136 (Navy Blue with White) It has blue and yellow Bellmonts on it. It's got a few stickers too... all white. They include a wakesports, a malibu, a volcom, and a skin girl.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-27-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
Major props to Waterdog2 for attemting and hopefully succeding to return the board
Old     (erica_b)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-27-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
Oops... I just noticed that you asked me not to describe it here. My bad. I just got so excited that you found it that I didn't really read the rest of the posts. I'll shoot you an email with my phone # so we can get in touch.

Thanks again.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-27-2004, 8:41 AM Reply   
The SAN was us (Troy Lindstrom, Thane, and me). We were helping Erica look for the board, fell unnoticed off the back of their VLX.

Erica - Right on!

Peter - You couldn't be more right! Waterdog2 rocks! Thanks for helping a rider out!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-27-2004, 9:43 AM Reply   
Waterdog2: Thanks for being an honest guy.
Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-27-2004, 11:31 AM Reply   
Awesome, awesome post. I love hearing about situations like this. I am on Elsinore all the time and it's great to know that good people like WaterDog2, Erica_B, socalwakepunk and so on are at the same lake. I just picked up my new Malibu last week and whenever anyone wants a pull let me know.
Old    akman            09-27-2004, 11:50 AM Reply   
Jeff, (waterdog2)props to you for posting and doing the right thing, in this day and age it would have been way to easy to pop that thing on Ebay to make a few bucks.

Erica.........HOW STOKED ARE YOU!!!!!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       09-27-2004, 1:10 PM Reply   
Erica, I did not hear if it had zip ties on the bindings or not? That would have been a dead giveaway it was either yours or Thanes!!!

Jeff very very cool of you to post that!!! Major Props!!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       09-27-2004, 3:11 PM Reply   
Just curious how did the board get lost in the first place? Left on swim step? Flew off rack? Or did Erica hit a huge double up like she did behind my boat and then the board flew off in the Santa Ana winds? Might be a reminder for all of us to keep it from happening again.
Old    waterdog2            09-27-2004, 4:34 PM Reply   
Glad to help. No thanks are necessary for giving someone thier OWN BOARD back.I expect everyone on WW would do the same.
Old     (erica_b)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-27-2004, 5:02 PM Reply   
Jon French-

Yeah... the Santa Ana story is a lot cooler than what actually happenned. I was the last to ride for the morning, and when I was done, I just threw my board on the engine cover, and we floated and hung out for a half hour or so. We decided to make a fun for the bathroom, and we started off right across the large rollers from a Tige that had just passed. We think it must have bounced off right then, before any of us noticed it still back there. My own fault for not putting the board on the rack right away.

Oh yeah, and I finally got some new overlays for my Bellmonts, so I no longer rock the zipties. I kind of miss them though.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-27-2004, 5:22 PM Reply   
That is so cool. I didn't think there was any chance this board would show up. This site rocks!!!!

JT..... Your Blue 2001??? Nice!!
That bruise on your profile...I got one just like it after about 20 "3" attempts.

Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       09-27-2004, 10:10 PM Reply   
LOL been there done that. We had something similar happen. I guess this could be a lesson for others. Last rider of the day, threw board on rack "quote, remember to tie down board before we take off" and we hung out for 45 minutes or so. Then took off, well luckily I was only cruisin 20 to 25 and we hit a couple of rollers. Board flys off and hits buddy in head. Nice little gash later and everybody learns lesson. New rule....board hits rack board gets strapped in!!!!

Erica we know the truth, those damn Santa Ana winds!!! Lucky you didn't go with your board!!!

Wakeworld Post: Found wakeboard with double up girl still attached, please claim. She keeps bitch*n about the lack of snow in SoCal!!!

(Message edited by rock_n_boardin on September 27, 2004)
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-27-2004, 10:30 PM Reply   
It warms the cockels of my heart to read this post, good work Jeff. I hope you got rewarded with a tray of your favourite frosty beverage.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-28-2004, 4:26 AM Reply   
I live real close to San V, so I load up my racks at home. Never get over 35-40, but I am sure there have been comments as I pull up to the lake fully loaded (racks that is, not me!). I put the boards in while standing on the ground, then do the straps once I get into the boat. Well, one day we are launching the boat and my girlfriend asks why there were no straps on one of the 4 boards. I guess I missed that one at home, but amazingly, the board stayed on for the ride. I am going to assume that will be my only lucky time that will happen. I make sure now that I check, especially after the bucks I have speny recently on bew boards and bindings for myself and my GF.

Way to go waterdog!!
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-28-2004, 7:51 AM Reply   
troyl, yeah that was my blue 2001 on Sunday. You'll see me in it on weekends. On weekdays, I'll be in a red 2004 SAN. I knew I had seen your boat on here (WW) but wasn't sure. I'll say hi next time I see you. Awesome boat by the way.
Old    waterdog2            09-28-2004, 4:20 PM Reply   
Erica b is once again the proud owner of a 02 LF substance. Glad to help, see you on the water.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-28-2004, 4:34 PM Reply   
sniff, sniff, I just love this place!!!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-28-2004, 4:54 PM Reply   
Yay Jeff!

Yay Erica!

Yay Beer!
Old     (xstar_mike)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-28-2004, 7:56 PM Reply   
You had me at "hello"...
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       09-29-2004, 8:54 AM Reply   
Now THAT'S the wakeboarding culture at it's best! Very cool waterdog2!