Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    wakesurge17            02-13-2004, 5:46 PM Reply   
I had my mind set on buying the ultra sucs. Then the alphas started growing on me. I also started thinking that since I share my board with my amigos, it would be nice to have bindings with laces. I was just looking for opinions on which is overall the better binding. If anyone has the alphas, please let me know how you feel about them. Thanks!
Eric
Old    tpanoz            02-14-2004, 11:48 AM Reply   
I dont know anything about them, but i do want to know how they feel? are they worth the money? I have a pair of 03 Ultras right now and they just kill my feet! they hurt to the point of i cant stay out on the water! so i'm looking for something with just as much hold and flex, Can the Alphas do that for me? HELP
Old    wakesurge17            02-14-2004, 4:49 PM Reply   
anyone?
Old    mxrcr885            02-14-2004, 5:18 PM Reply   
yea eric if i were you id get the alphas but anthony are the ultras that bad....because ive heard alot of good things for them and i was actualy gunna geta pair myself
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-14-2004, 6:05 PM Reply   
Try the Zeus dude. My feet hurt like crazy in all bindings but them.
Old    tpanoz            02-14-2004, 10:29 PM Reply   
I kind of wanted to keep a whole liquid force setup. I've heard if you loosen the Ultras they tear and stuff. I was interested in the alpha just because it has a lace up... and looks comfortable.. but still has anyone tried them?
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       02-15-2004, 6:10 AM Reply   
The Alphas and Ultras are quite different in the way they feel. The Alphas are much easier to put on and take off because of the laceup. The Alphas aren't as tight on your feet, though, either, if you're looking for a really snug fit. I haven't had a chance to ride in them, yet, but they feel really nice. The only thing I noticed that was a slight negative was that I had a little heel lift in the binding. I do have narrow feet, though, so that comes into play a bit. If you want a slightly more snug fit with a feel closer to the Ultras, I'd recommend the Exos.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old    tpanoz            02-15-2004, 10:33 AM Reply   
See i dont have anywhere around where i live to demo these bindings otherwise i would. Mike, when you say they're more loose than the Ultra, how much? i mean is my foot going to be sliding around in there? and how snug can you get the alpha? The exos are nice but they're a bit to expensive for me, i hope i'm not being a nag, but i'm just trying to get an idea for how they feel... loose wise.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-15-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
how come noones talking about the transits, is there something i don't know about them that means noones buying them?
Old    tpanoz            02-15-2004, 11:19 AM Reply   
i think its just because they are a buttload of cash! haha i'm just limited!
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       02-15-2004, 4:12 PM Reply   
Anthony- I emailed you directly, but just for everyone else, too, the heel lift I mentioned above in the Alphas is very minor. I didn't mean to give the impression that it was bad. You can crank the Alphas down pretty snug.
Harry- The Transits are just now becoming available, so that may be one reason that very little is being said about them. I'm definitely sold on them, as they are my choice of binding to ride this year. They are more money, but with all the new features on them, I feel they're worth it. I really like the comfort of the Transits with the totally new footbed, and different method of overlay attachment, which allows the overlays to form to the shape of your foot better.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com