Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    bross            02-04-2004, 1:55 PM Reply   
Anybody own this board? Sorry to post so many Gator Board questions, but my state boat show is this weekend and I am looking to buy two new boards...the Mary Jane is one of them. What type of rocker is it? Would it be a good board for beginer to Advanced girls? Peace. Also check out www.sidewayz.com. They have great video trailers!
Old    vandal            02-04-2004, 5:46 PM Reply   
Dont ever apologize for asking questions man, most people around here are only too happy to help out a fellow rider. The Mary Jane (which was the Phantom last year I believe) is a tremendous board that is a complete blast to ride. If you arent into the graphics opt for the 135 "Caddy".........virtually identical board. Personally I would try out the Nautilus. I rode most all the Gator line last year and the one I stuck with in the end was the Sinister 137 (the Nautilus this year). But what worked for me may not work best for you or the other riders in your group. I can tell you that all the board designs throughout the Gator line really work well. It seems many other companies change designs every other year trying to convince the wakeboarders of the world that they have once again re-invented the wheel/wakeboard (or so to speak). Gator gives you solid, proven quality designs that just perform everytime. Good luck!!
Old    bross            02-04-2004, 7:50 PM Reply   
How would it be for a girl who is an intermediate rider? What kind of rocker does it have?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-04-2004, 10:53 PM Reply   
I rode some of the 2002 line up, Caddy,Signature, pickett, even the mary jane, and a couple others.
the Mary Jane and the pickett are the same. They're identical to the HL Premiers/Era
Old    bross            02-04-2004, 11:04 PM Reply   
Kristain,

Did you like the ride of the Mary Jane to the point that you would recomend it over the ERA 135? Thanks.
Old    bross            02-04-2004, 11:05 PM Reply   
Kristian,

Did you like the ride of the Mary Jane to the point that you would recomend it over the ERA 135? Thanks.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-04-2004, 11:29 PM Reply   
Well they were the same.
So its just a matter of which graphics she likes.
There is also th HL NYX, which is the same but girl graphics. So now you have a choice of three.
I'd personally go with Gator, support the underdog
Old    goose69            02-05-2004, 8:07 AM Reply   
The Mary Jane is a 136 continuous rocker board. The continuous rocker is easier to ride for an intermediate rider then the 3 three stage rocker boards. To me it also looks exactly like the Ricky G shape board, which is the board I ride. The Picket is the same board as the Mary Jane or at least it was last year, it just has different graphics then the Mary Jane.

(Message edited by goose69 on February 05, 2004)
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-05-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
What GB says about Mary Jane:

Length: 135 cm
Width: 16.5"
Rocker: 2.5" (Continuous)

Mary Jane Model: Shaped and designed in mind for Buster Lutgert and all styles of riding. This board features two outside molded fins. The way Jane is designed to ride on its rail. This shape rides smooth, has tons of pop and also comes with a removable center fin for hard bites on landings.

The Caddy has the same dimensions and the 135 option comes with the removable center fins.

Personally, I ride the Gonzalez 138 and love it. I ride with another guy that has the Harris 143 and he feels the same way. IMO, Gator makes some great stuff and you can't go wrong with any of their boards. Good luck. Keep us posted.
Old    vandal            02-05-2004, 9:18 AM Reply   
The Mary Jane and Pickett were the same but I thought they changed the MJ to the Phantom/Caddy 135 mold. It was b/c GB didn't want so many models (Gonzo, MJ, and Pickett) with a simialr shape. I could be wrong.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-05-2004, 11:09 AM Reply   
Well if thats the case, which it seems it is, and they changed the MJ to the caddy mold, I'd say definately go for it, the Caddy Rocks.
Old    maverick_gear            02-05-2004, 1:05 PM Reply   
the MJ comes in 2 shaped the phantom/caddy 135 shape and the ricky 136(premier style) shape.

buster rides the phantom/caddy 135 shape its a 3 stage rocker with 4molded fins 2 removable and cupped rails, fairly agressive if your used to continous. basically a mellow byerly.

the Ricky shape is the best all around shape hybrid rocker, 4 molded fins and removables very smooth and controllable like an ERA
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-05-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
Doesn't Leslie have a new sig board coming out soon? I wonder what GB has in store.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-05-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
Otay, I just saw what Itch said about 3 new shapes coming out soon.

Old    maverick_gear            02-05-2004, 4:40 PM Reply   
I looked into it and at this point its lookin like leslies pro model board will be released at expo 04'/05' Randy's small board is on hold for now and rickys 133 and 142 are near completion with no specified release date, stay tuned to www.Gatorboards.com and wakeworld for release info