Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-03-2010, 8:12 AM Reply   
For the first time in my life I am going to take more then a week off from work. In December I plan on going to Colorado to ski for 3-4 days, most likely Telluride or Wolf Creek then want to head south of the boarder for 7-10 days.

I am looking to Wakeworld for some info on either Costa Rica or Belize. I just want to go relax and enjoy life without the Blackberry and the daily grind of living in Vegas.

Can anyone recommend places to go in either area? What did you do down there? Places I shouldn't miss? Best place to fly into?

Thanks in advance!!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-03-2010, 8:59 AM Reply   
Been to both. Depends what you want to do. If you are into diving/snorkiling, Belize all the way. If you want to tour around I would probably go to CR. I liked Belize so much I bought a time share.

http://www.captainmorgans.com/
Old     (jps912)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-03-2010, 9:13 AM Reply   
Im a huge fan of Costa Rica. We went and did rafting in the center of Costa Rica. I think it was about 3 hrs south of San Jose. We then drove out to Jaco which is a sleepy town with great surfing near by. Boca Barranca is an epic wave at a river mouth that is about an hour north of Jaco. The diving isnt as great because the water isnt super clear but Manuel Antonio park was super nice and there is supposed to be some good diving down there.
I am thinking about going back there in Feb so post up whatever info you get even if you go to Belize.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-03-2010, 1:02 PM Reply   
I don't think Belize has any decent surfing, so if thats what you're after, I would go to CR. Belize has the second largest barrier reef in the world, so the diving is top notch. There is a rafting trip that takes you through caves that I heard is very cool, although I have not been yet.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-03-2010, 1:36 PM Reply   
Jaco is sleepy? When were you there last?

I haven't been to Belize, so can't help with a comparison.
Old     (jps912)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-04-2010, 5:20 AM Reply   
Was there about 5 years ago. We were the only people in our hotel and the beaches and waves werent packed at all. Maybe it was the time of year we were there but there were not a lot of tourists around.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-04-2010, 6:29 AM Reply   
The Blue Marlin Bar
Old     (paradise_adventures_costa_rica)      Join Date: Dec 2008       11-06-2010, 9:54 AM Reply   
I am the owner operator of Paradise Adventuress Costa Rica, we provide active sport vacation packages. The areas of specialty being wakeboard, wakeskate and surf. We have added allot more adrenalin inspired activities this year, we can keep any thrill seeker or adrenalin junkie satisfied for weeks.

Last edited by paradise_adventures_costa_rica; 11-06-2010 at 9:55 AM. Reason: just want to help, not spam
Old     (marshk344)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-09-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
Look up Costa Rica's Osa Peninsula. I got the opportunity to take a trip down there and stay at Bosque del Cabo. It was absolutely incredible. Relatively undiscovered as far as tourism goes, deserted beaches, some pretty good surfing, amazing food, in the middle of the untouched rain forest.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-13-2010, 3:34 PM Reply   
I'm jealous Scotty sounds like a fun trip no matter where you decide to go!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       11-26-2010, 5:32 PM Reply   
Hey Scotty D, if you're still considering coming to Costa Rica let me know! I know all the ins and outs, where to go and especially where NOT to go (Jaco! Manuel Antonio too, imo, but it all depends what you're looking for), and would be glad to help you out.
For this: "I just want to go relax and enjoy life without the Blackberry and the daily grind of living in Vegas." go to Peninsula de Osa, like marshallk suggested. It won't get more beautiful, quieter, greener than that. Stunning.
Aaaanyway, shoot me an email or PM!