Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-07-2010, 9:22 PM Reply   
Im looking to move to arizona what lakes are out that way and where are they located?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-07-2010, 11:16 PM Reply   
most are down in the valley (phoenix area) or near the boarders of arizona ie lake powell located near Page Arizona, one of the smallest and most remote towns in all of the US (on the boarder of utah and arizona). lake mead (boarder of nevada and arizona/ hoover dam) could be considered too. though most riders who go there probably live on the Nevada side, Vegas mostly. havasu is also on the western boarder along with others and is very popular for all types of lake activities.

on a personal recommendation...come to Powell. we are in need of core LOCAL riders. it is tough to find a third most days, let alone more than that. but you got to like remote small cities. there are other more important reasons to choose powell of course... as a preferred lake that is

http://www.arizona-leisure.com/arizona-lakes.html

Last edited by wakerider111; 07-07-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old     (RYDEAZ11)      Join Date: May 2010       07-08-2010, 12:59 PM Reply   
I live in the Valley (gilbert) I usually head to Saguaro most of the time cause it is close, takes about 30 min to drive there from my house. When I want to go on weekend trips I head up to Roosevelt. It takes about two hours to get there but is worth the drive. Nice big open lake. Also I hear Bartlett up in North Scottsdale is pretty good....trying to make it up there this year.