Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
Hey Everyone,

I’m looking to getting a new boat off the lot, I like Sanger and Centurion.

I test drove the Sanger v215 today and it went well, I really like the way the Sanger finished their product and the storage space available.
I test drive the Centurion Avalanche tomorrow 03/20/08 after work, so hopefully everything works out for the best.

Is there anything about either boats that I should look out for or condsider?

Thanks…

Kevin
Old     (rockkrawler82)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 9:31 PM Reply   
What size is the ballast tank in the sanger?
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
I think it was 250 each in the rear and 500 in the center
Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-19-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
WE have a 06 v215 and we Love it.The customer service is great.The boat handles great well built and tones of room ,What are the prices of the two and which options are you getting on the Sanger? My vote would be for the Sanger
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 9:36 PM Reply   
Sanger - Asking price is 45 OTD for an 07
Come's with the tower, After market cover, board racks, bimini, Perfect Pass, Depth Finder, Tower mounted mirror, pull up cleats, fiberglass platform....
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 9:37 PM Reply   
Centurion - Asking price was 50 OTD with everything the Sanger has, just a bigger boat, with a total of 1100 pounds of ballast...
Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-19-2008, 9:46 PM Reply   
Sounds about right for the Sanger, make sure it has the billit package with it and a least a deck and some speakers........Let us know how it goes after your test run ..Good luck also the Sanger does have 1k ballast.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 9:53 PM Reply   
Heeb - It has the billet package... has the 1k ballast, but not stereo... I'm dealing with Tracy Boat Sales, know of any other places?
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 9:57 PM Reply   
Heeb - I test drove the Sanger today, it went well, I really enjoyed it... It handled good...

Kevin
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-19-2008, 10:24 PM Reply   
Sanger V215 - will handle better. They turn really well compared to a Centurion Avalanche.

The Avalanche will have snap in carpet which is nice. It will also ride really well in chop. The ride on this series is quite nice but it will not steer like that Sanger.

What tower is on each boat?

For the V215 - recommend the Pro Flight Chubby tower. If its this tower, I recommend an aftermarket bimini top. The stock Sanger biminis are too low and I have seen issues. It's either too low in the front and hits the window when its opened or the back of the bimini will get in your way when trying to view your rider.

For the Avalanche, I recommend the Evolution tower. The one knock on this tower is (last time I checked) you can only run one pair of racks. You are somewhat limited on the speakers you can run on the tower.

Engines and drive train should be comparable.

Hope this helps.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 10:28 PM Reply   
Ryan - The Sanger comes with the Chubby Tower. It handled good... Do you know where to order an after market Bimini? I noticed that it sat low.

As for the Centurion, it has the Evolution tower, pretty sick looking tower. I'm really not a big fan of tower speakers, so having limited space it fine with me... I like my music for me and not everyone else on the lake, lol... I'll be testing the Avalanche on the water tomorrow. I know it's a bigger and heavy boat then then sanger, but i still want to see how its going to handle.

Kevin

Kevin
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-19-2008, 10:40 PM Reply   
http://www.towerbiminis.com/

tell them you want a "tower mounted bimini" they will already have what you want, they can get custom too. with a chubby tower and the proper tower mounted bimini you will have plenty of head room trust me. what ever you do dont let the dealer throw on that cheezy free-b bimini with the 4 straps that they have to drill the little rings in the deck of your boat. the tower mounted bimini will be mounted with 4 nice looking clamps and will be as high on the tower as you want it mounted.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 10:44 PM Reply   
Cool deal... Sounds like a game plan... The Sanger is the one that has the cheap bimini, Centurions got some sick strapless one that sits nice and high...

Kevin

Do you know how much they run more or less?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-19-2008, 10:49 PM Reply   
sorry i dont have #'S for you call tower in the morning. when i bought my sanger it was sitting on the showroom floor with the strap kind i made them take it off and re-gel the holes and i bought my own from tower bimini. my bu has a tower bimini top on it also.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 10:53 PM Reply   
Bryan - What Sanger did you buy? Did you look at anything else before buying it?

Kevin
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-19-2008, 10:53 PM Reply   
sorry i thought i had a pic with my top on it butt i cant find it. but thats me standing o the seat im 6' and thats a 6 6x9 liquid trends box. my bimini top was about an inch below the box and i still had about 4 inches of head room standing straight up. hope that helps.

Upload
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-19-2008, 11:01 PM Reply   
before my sanger i owned a old centurion tru track, then a 94 ski nauti, i had an old jet boat before that. then the sanger was my first true wake boat. i looked at them all and i had a 50k or less bugget. my sanger was loaded with system racks lights etc...... fell right in that price range for me OTD. it was by far a great boat i put 140 hrs in a year on it with no problems. handles better than any other boat out there, IMO. but i had to face the facts, again IMO, my sanger running with about 2400# of ballest cant touch my vlx wake stock with power wedge and bow ballest. thats why i made the change. my sanger was like a nice ford inside and my bu is like sitting inside an escalade. lol. you will never go wrong with sanger's.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 11:01 PM Reply   
Clean, Where did you pick that up? Did you have the dealer install the stereo or was it cheaper to go strait to LQ?

Upload
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 11:04 PM Reply   
I went to the Malibu dealer in Escalon and they wanted 53 + tax/lic for an 07 VLX, they are soo SICK, but I can't do the 60's for a boat... Low 40's is cool...

Kevin
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-19-2008, 11:06 PM Reply   
sanger v215 wake these shots are with stock ballest and 5-6 peeps, and a 500# bag in the walkway. v215's like it up front.Upload
Upload
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 11:12 PM Reply   
SICK! SICK! SICK! Yea, I really like the Sanger, but we'll see how the Centurion Avalanche performs... I guess it's just gona have to come out to which dealer will give the best price... As far as looks, both boats look sweeet....

Kevin

(Message edited by ksilva on March 19, 2008)
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-19-2008, 11:14 PM Reply   
that boat came from semper speed. its kinda complicated how i worked the deal for the system but i took my boat to johny over at trends in san jose.

if thats the boat your looking at, wow sick ride bro. does it have the billet package? pp? depth finder? tell them you want it all, and dont forget the 6 yr waranty. go big they will sell you that boat well under 50.

Upload
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-19-2008, 11:22 PM Reply   
my buddy has an avalanche and you know..... well its just not quite there imo. it just lacks some, well you know quality imo, the sanger just feels way more solid and with any added weight that avalanche wake just seems to wash out unless you ride at 26 mph. dude im telling you buy the sanger you will be more than happy and you will turn heads with that boat out on the delta.

remember if it comes down to price thats cool, money is money and every dime counts but the dealer you buy from is important. also when your driving/riding/demoing these boats try and keep price out of mind and really get a feel for the boat you like best. Upload
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 11:24 PM Reply   
Sooo CLEAN... Yea, the White/Blue with Silver Flames is the one i'm looking at....

The boat has everything... Dpth, Pef-Pas, Billet, Cover, Board Racks... Not sure on the 6 yr waranty, is it worth it? NO STEREO...even though they work with LQ from Modesto... I don't really wana put up the tower speaker, i'm not really into them, but i do want 6 speakers w/ 10inch sub...lol
Kevin
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 11:26 PM Reply   
As of right now, I'm stuck on the Sanger, they way it drove, it's wake, the room inside...

What I liked about the Centurion is that I could fit 3 full size adults in the bow, not soo much in the sanger...

Kevin
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-19-2008, 11:29 PM Reply   
just my thought's but i will put money down that you will change your mind on the tower speakers. lol it just fills that tall chubby tower up nicely and tunes at 80' will your psyching up for a raley cut is the shizzle.

oh and the surf wake is great too.Upload
Upload
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 11:32 PM Reply   
lol... we'll see what happens...

I'm gona make them throw in a surf board and some wakeboarding rope... the expensive ones, an anchor and whatever else I can get out of them...

They aren't selling like the use too, now is the time to buy...

Kevin
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 11:38 PM Reply   
Another thing thats been on my head is that the Sanger is 3200# and the Centurion is 4000#

Both run the same motor....

Kevin
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-19-2008, 11:42 PM Reply   
thats a good question, but the black scorp can well handle it. great motor. here's a couple more surf pics for yah.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-19-2008, 11:45 PM Reply   
3 speed heater also, hjeres a shot of my old sanger helm, man i miss her.Upload
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 11:48 PM Reply   
How was your Sanger on Gas? No need for a heater, I won't ride during the winter...

Kevin
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 11:53 PM Reply   
Did you seat pop up? So that you can look over the glass? I don't think the v215 has that kind of seat...

Kevin
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-19-2008, 11:54 PM Reply   
well. on average, about 6-8 hrs on the water, starting at orwood with a full tank and loaded ballest by the time i get to disco. riding nearly the hole time the boat is on or jamming to another spot. we would get back to orwood with about a quarter tank. but i have burned a whole tank in an 8 hr day depends on how much wieght we were pushing.

and for comp, my indmar monsoon 340 with ex cat is exactly the same. go figure because the bu has a 45 gal tank and the sanger has a 40 i think?
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-19-2008, 11:56 PM Reply   
The Sanger has a 45 gal/tank..... Got any pictures of your Malibu?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-19-2008, 11:57 PM Reply   
no, sanger did not offer a bolster seat in 06 or 07 im not sure if they made one for 08. but its not bad i like to sit low and keep my face out of the wind. but when i needed to sit high i would just grab my throw cushion and sit on it.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-20-2008, 12:00 AM Reply   
here you go....

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-20-2008, 12:04 AM Reply   
OH WOW, OH WOW, WOW!!!! I LOVE IT... Maybe one day i'll be able to be up there with the big boys!! lol

SO, CLEAN....
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-20-2008, 12:05 AM Reply   
here is chas confused at the helm of the bu with all those buttons and digital things, uhh sometimes technology is not the best and the simpler the better. but i do love the dash on my vlx.

Upload
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-20-2008, 12:08 AM Reply   
Malibu's are soooo CLEAN.... FLAWLESS is the word to use... Where did you pick that one up from?

Kevin
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-20-2008, 12:08 AM Reply   
here a couple of the thick table of the vlx wake. it hurts when your face hits it.

Upload
Upload
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-20-2008, 12:10 AM Reply   
So clean... You can't comp. the Sanger's wake to the Malibu.... Night and Day really...

Kevin
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-20-2008, 12:12 AM Reply   
this boat is from salinas valley marine. it was the best boat buying experience i have had except my sales guy.....lol jk ryman. they are my local dealer now and i wish i would have bought my sanger there but i didnt and i paid for it in the end to save a buck. i learned my lesson. no matter what you do have a great boat buying experience and a great relationship with your dealer, its important.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-20-2008, 12:12 AM Reply   
How does the sanger look with tinted windows? Good/Bad.. I've never seen it done on the v215
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-20-2008, 12:17 AM Reply   
I took a look at their website the other night and they don't have many 2007's in stock as far as their Sanger line up....

Kevin
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-20-2008, 12:20 AM Reply   
Aite Bryan, i'll be back on here tomorrow night... Check in and i'll tell you about my demo with Centurion...

Kevin
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-20-2008, 12:22 AM Reply   
yah i think there gone and only have 08's.
as far as tint, not sure never scene a v215 with tint.
but i was looking around and found this boat. i love this guys sanger, just sick and this is the same top i had on mine. i just had mine pushed up higher but mine was custom. even in this stock position you wont hit your head.

check this boat outhttp://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=2743
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-20-2008, 12:22 AM Reply   
lates, B
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-20-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
Wow, I don't want to intrude on you guys here. It looks like you have your own little pow-wow going on.

Anyways, Bryan hit it on the head. And I will forgive that comment about the sales guy at SVM.

Kevin, if you are really interested in a VLX, let me know and I can set you up. I don't sell boats anymore but have plenty of viable contacts that will not give you the run around.
Old    stillstandin            03-20-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
Kevin...Bimini Isle is in Tracy, and a stones throw from Tracy Boat Sales. Thats who they will tell you to get your bimini from, it will be strapless, and you can get all kinds of custom desings, and colors. I have had three bimini's from them, and all have been top notch. Oh yes, I would go for the Sanger.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-20-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
It's smart to demo them both but I'll be surprised if you wind up with anything other than the Sanger. I've been in and behind them both and The V215 has a much better wake has plenty of space and more storage than the avi. I also feel that the fit and finish on the Sanger is superior as is the build process. As earlier stated it will out handle in both clean water and chop the Avi as well. Yes I do own a Sanger but I wouldn't BS you on this. For instance I won't sit here and tell you it's as nice as a BU, Nati or MC but for the money it simply cannot be beat. I honestly do believe that the build quality of the boat itself is on par with any of the top boats it's just not finished quite as nice nor does it have some of the ammenities. Once you test drive you'll see plus you can take the extra $$$ and throw in a sick system, that's what I did.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-20-2008, 8:13 PM Reply   
What’s up guys!
Sanger: Had a good time….Great boat, finished product was very nice. It turned like a champ… the wake was a good size, more than enough storage. The ballast system filled up pretty quick. Didn’t like the bimini top, but not a problem, get an aftermarket one….The front bow was kinda tight, but will do for 2 adults. I liked the “oh bars all around the boat.
Centurion: I really enjoyed it. Great boat as well. The finished product was nice and solid. I did notice that there wasn’t as much room in the back seating area like the sanger, but the fact that I could sit 3 adults in the bow was nice. I liked the idea of pull out carpet. I DIDN’T like the fact that the rear ballast tanks took up space from storage unlike the Sanger where there was still plenty of room. The filling of the ballast tanks took about 5 min or so, which kind of bugged me. I drove around in circles and went through them and didn’t feel a thing, which was a plus. Didn’t like that there wasn’t the “oh anywhere in the boat.
It’s gona be a hard choice…. Might even look into used boats… How many hours should a used one have, maybe an 05 or 06?
Old     (dnannen)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-20-2008, 9:05 PM Reply   
Had to add more pics just to make your decision easier.....oh hah hah ha

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-20-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
lol.... NICE
Old    walt            03-20-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
Coop,
Please show a pic of your 215 wake.
Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-20-2008, 10:08 PM Reply   
kevin, glad you had the chance to go out in the cen. tonight.Sounds like you have lots of advice and it is all for the Sanger.They are right about the Top mine was on the boat in the show room and it is nice I will try to fine some pix.As far as used the Sangers are holding there value very well.....Heeb
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-20-2008, 10:58 PM Reply   
Yea, I can see that they are holding value...

Kevin
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-21-2008, 12:28 AM Reply   
I love my V215 and am very happy with it. Looked at Malibu, though very nice just had a little too much bling for me. In fact I looked at just about every manufacturer and they all had things that I did not like. Sanger just fit my needs the best. Also liked the way it handles chop. Lake Don Pedro can get huge white caps in the main bay late afternoon. So a boat that rode well in chop was a must. I would agree with Brian about Centurion just not being there with some of it fit and finish. Also unless they change the nose on the new ones my friends takes water over the bow every time he tries to pick up a downed rider. Go with Sanger you will not be disappointed. Sorry, brother in-law looks like a tool trying to grab anchor line.
Upload
Old    mendo247            03-21-2008, 7:45 AM Reply   
Heres a few shots of my V215 wake with some weight in it. For what its worth im EXTREMLY happy with my Sanger and have never regreted chosing it.

Pics by WCW

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       03-21-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
Loved that weekend and the Coop's 215 wake.
Photo by WCW
Upload

Here is a couple more of BG KONG that day,
Photos by WCW
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-21-2008, 8:36 AM Reply   
Cool deal guy's that is awesome, I think i'm gona make an offer today on the Sanger... Lets see what happens....

Kevin
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-21-2008, 9:08 AM Reply   
Kevin/brian- I am going to have to disagree. I think the VLX and Sanger wake is very comprable. (Not trying to start a boat war, just sharing my experience with both boats here)

We have a v215 and our buddy has an 08 VLX. We alternate boats every time we ride and the best thing is that we have both wakes dialed in so perfect that no adjustment is needed from wake to wake. Actually our buddy with the VLX loves it when we take our boat out because he loves our wake so much. He adjusted his weight to match our wake.

Both boats have @2500lbs of weight. I think that the VLX is an awesome boat for sure, the quality of the interior and the electronic dash is sick, but I don't think the wake is any better or worse and definitely not worth the extra 15K.

Just my opinion:-)

Kevin- We are 100% in love with our V215. I'd get the exact boat all over again without a doubt
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-21-2008, 12:47 PM Reply   
Cool deal, thank you!
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-21-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
^^^^andrea. Not sure where you found a VLX that was 15k more than a Sanger. That should not be the difference with comparable options.

And you should be able to pick up a downed skier without taking water over the nose. It's not hard; even in a Centurion.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-21-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
Funny how passionate Sanger owners are about their boats. That should say something to you Kevin, it's like your joining a family with Sanger. Let us know how your offer goes.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-21-2008, 3:37 PM Reply   
Yea, looks like everyone that has or has owned a Sanger at one time, really loved them... I'm still looking around, anyone have any good dealers to contact?

I came across this one, but i'm not too crazy about the silver hull...

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-SANGER-V215-92024706
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-21-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
We have a Super Air Nautique, and my previous boat was an MC. Both great boats. If I hadn't gotten such a great deal on my Nauty, would have gone with Sanger, hands down. You see lots of them here in NorCal, and everyone seems to be very happy with them. I love my 210, but I must admit that I was definitely intrigued looking at the new Sanger 237 at the boat show recently.

As for a great place to get a deal...there is obviously Tracy Marine as you know, but I've been told it can definitely be worth your time to take drive to Semper Speed and Marine. I believe they're somewhat near bakersfield (not exactly sure where Madera is). They show their inventory on their website:

http://www.semperspeedandmarine.com/

I forget the owners name, but back when I was looking at new boats (we're talking '03), I talked to the owner, and he seemed like a really good guy. Said he would beat any deal around. Of course, that was like 5 years ago, but still worth checking out...
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-21-2008, 11:32 PM Reply   
I found a dealer out in the bay area that sells Sanger and I could probably get a v230 with EVERYTHING for 45k OTD
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-21-2008, 11:59 PM Reply   
Try Mission Rv and Marine good people Stacy is awsome. Here is a link to Sanger inventory
http://www.missionrvandmarine.com/searchengine/Default.aspx?bvdid=24624&type=A&nav=108850&site_ty pe=dealertemplate&indid=1&Make=Sanger&
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-22-2008, 2:43 PM Reply   
Opps, I mean 47k OTD
Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-22-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
No way, I am a dealer, I can assure you that dealer cost on a V-230 with "everything" is more than 47k I've got more cost in my personal V-215 than that. The only difference should be the freight, or if the dealer is doing the install on accys. I'd much rather the factory warrant the gelcoat than me. Some of the numbers I see on here are so out of whack I cry. And we don't have sales tax in Montana. Everything is such an overused term. Sorry about the rant, I've got about two or three weeks more of ice and I'm dying to rock my '08.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-23-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
Dave J- i feel your pain. i'm a dealer but for tige.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-23-2008, 12:45 PM Reply   
Dave J, when I said everything this is what I ment... (It could be missing some stuff, but I think it's loaded) - The v-230 i'm looking at includes the following:

- Wake Series II (tripple ballast), ultimate stainless steel package, 4 pull out stainless steel cleats, depth finder, bennet hydraulic wake/trim plate, fiberglass swim platform , chubby tower, board racks, stereo (deck - 4 speakers, 2 covers, perfect pass.... Thats all I can think of right now...

Upload
asking 47k OTD
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-23-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
IMO, whatever boat you choose, your going to get a good deal....because your doing your homework. Good for you man
Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-23-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
Sounds like a pretty fair deal IMHO
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-23-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
I saw some guys out in a green V237 yesterday I think doing a demo, they also had to get towed in I'm pretty positive they ran out of gas.

I will tell you that a lot of old school riders (skiers) ride behind Sangers. I've been out four times this year so far and all I see is old school sangers tearing up the glass with slalom riders.

I love mine, and when people ask what kind of boat I have and I say Sanger the most common response is "cant go wrong with a Sanger"

PS right now is the best time to ride in the delta! I'm absolutely loving life out there.
Old     (txrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-23-2008, 8:42 PM Reply   
Hey Nate, did that green 237 look like this? Its the first 237 with an 8.1L and they told us they would be proping the boat this weekend. She should have stickers now.

Upload
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-24-2008, 11:37 PM Reply   
Hey Kevin you get a boat yet?
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-25-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
No sir, dealer didn't want to work out a deal... I'll head back out in the next couple weeks... Let them have the boat sit couple more weeks on the lot...

Kevin
Old     (rzrich)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-25-2008, 12:47 PM Reply   
I'll second that you can't go wrong with a Sanger. I have no regrets and my next boat will be another Sanger (if I ever sell mine).

Here is a dealer that picked up Sanger recently. I know it'll be a bit of a drive but check it out, they're about 30 min north of LA. I was there last friday and heard one of the sales guys say it was really slow...it's probably worth a phone call anyway.

I don't have any experience or connection to the dealer - just trying to help.

27514 Lake Hughes Rd.
Castaic, California 91384
Tel: 661.257.3800
Fax: 661.257.6101
E-Mail:castaic@suncountrymarine.com

www.suncountrymarine.com
Old     (boarder33)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-26-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
you can't go wrong with a Sanger. Here's a shot with a TowerBimin installed. That's a great setup. Upload

I like the top a bit low, the height is around 5'6". That gives me better shade.
Bert.